How to Replace Your Fog/Head Light Lenses! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
FAQ's and DIY's frequently asked questions, Do it yourself project how to's. and important information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
How to Replace Your Fog/Head Light Lenses!

I practiced on one before I started.

Here's all the goodies, lenses, laminx and 2 fog lights

First off, gently remove the seal

Cut off as much of the old silicone as possible and slowly start cutting around the edges, WEAR EYE PROTECTION, shards of glass are know to come flying off

The best way to do this part is in a garbage with eye protection, pry the glass off since you already weaked the seal in the last step

Use tools whenever possible because, GLASS IS SHARP!!!!!!!

Scrape out all the old silicone from the grove

Thoroughly wash them out, man these things clean up nice...

Here I applied the lamin-x...slowly starting from one side working across to the other, these stuff is breathable, so if you get some super fine bubbles, dont worry they will work themselves out. Now i will let it all dry up over night, tomorrow on goes the silicone and lenses/seals

All sealed up, and with DDM's 35w 3000k H3 HID's installed...$29 for the kit!!!

All finished up, gorgeous, couldnt ask for more, except maybe a straight front valance

This should cover just about any BMW that has aftermarket lenses available, for foglights or headlights...this writeup is the same for E30 headlights/highbeams also so long as you have the ellipsoids

BMW Lights BMW Fog Lights BMW Headlight Lenses <==where to get the lenses

Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style <==where to get the lamin-x in various colors

Probably the easiest DIY evAr

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 10:42 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Cool, looks like it's easier than I thought.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
(Thread Starter)
*updated!*

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Lol thanks for the phantom I'm on this thread I was gonna ask you where to get the new lenses

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
links in the thread

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
woot, updated, all done

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Help from over the pond

marti5 is on a distinguished road
Excellent pictorial and instructions, but...Sorry for my ignorance but do we have Model by model section where this would be viewed by many ie: separate sections for all 'e' models with all members DIY's. I know we have E31, E39 E38sections but no sub sections ie. chat, mods, fixes etc or am I not looking in the correct places??

VELVET BLUE UK INDIVIDUAL , IM THE LAST
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

I stepped in a plate of Pasta the other day - now I have to worry about my Carbonara footprint!

Last edited by marti5; 12-20-2009 at 02:43 PM.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

(Thread Starter)
unfortunately there is not enough DIY's on here to break down the different models, and this write up works for ALL bmw models with replacement lenses available...

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:28 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
That came out fantastic. I think that could be a show quality E30

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Very nice......Do it yo'self!

jb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > FAQ's and DIY's