BMW Werkz banner

e46 330D tappet noise

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jack Dabsy 
#1 ·
Hi! Not sure if anyone can suggest a solution to a problem that is driving me mad as i spend most days hammering out the miles in my BM!!! - My 330D sport (135K miles, fsh) has been making a tappety noise since i had a fuel injector replaced, the garage said that the cylinder had got coked up as the injector was leaking for a while and the only solution is a head off de coke 10 hr labour fix. I have tried redex and expensive "cleaner diesel" and this quitens it a bit but not much! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!:) Cheers!

#2 ·
Hi, i have the same problem. I had 2 injectors replaced and since there has been a tapping noise. initially i thought it was a noisy injector so i took the plugs off of each injector one at a time hoping for the noisy injector to stop but the tapping never stopped, so i guess the injectors are fine. would it be the case that the head has to come off for a de-coke.
any sugestions.
cheers guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.