04 745i...I really need help please - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
FAQ's and DIY's frequently asked questions, Do it yourself project how to's. and important information.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 12:50 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wchandler2013 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
04 745i...I really need help please

I have a 2004 BMW 745i with roughly 120,000 miles on it. This car is driving me crazy i am trying to see to if anyone out there has any other ideas. So it started about a month ago, I was in the middle of no where and practically ran out of gas (now i am not sure if thats even related) i found a gas station I made it back home (the car ran perfectly prior to this) and the next morning the car was barely drivable, I have to mash on the gas peddle to even get it to move, the car shakes at idle and is puttering and hesitating whenever I give it gas and its getting roughtly 10-12 miles to the gallon, and i am scared to pull out into traffic because of how slow it accelerates. I took it to a gas station bought a can of injector cleaner, it did absolutely nothing, later that day i bought a can of seafoam and again nothing changed, the next day i took it took a local guy who advertises working on BMWs and Mercedes. He had the car for 3 days in that time i found out the the four cyclinders on the drivers side were not firing at all, he changed the plugs, the coils, and for some reason the entire air intake manifold this entire thing coast me just south of $2000.00, I know now that i probably should have gone to the dealer but i am in the military, i just got married and bought a house and we also have a brand new baby girl so money so this could not happen at a worse time, just based off the things that i read on the internet and also based on the codes the guy pulled at the repair shop I have also changed the cam shaft position sensors and the o2 sensors , i also switch the valvetronic actuator motors to see if anything changed, nothing changed at all. I apologize i dont have the codes on me right now but i can tell that it said something about cam shaft postion sensor bank two, cylinders 1-4 stuck in the open position, o2 sensors on bank 2 as well, and also had a code stating multiple misfires. I was told to change the position sensor relay but i cannot find the relays however cant find the location anywhere on the internet. I dont know if anyone has any other ideas before I take it to the dealers which is not something we can really afford right now so i am asking for help if any knows what this could be or has any ideas at all please let me know. i am pretty good with cars and i have several friends who are also mechanics but this things is like a rocketship compare to what i am used to working on. right now me and my wife are sharing her car, so its a huge hassle. thank you again. William
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Neutral Member

CanyonCreekMT is on a distinguished road
My 2006 750Li did the same thing in Montana and codes showed multiple misfires and as it turned out I finaly narrowed down the cause. I bought premium gas at local station and the gas was bad. Costco is my normal place to buy fuel and it seems to be of high quality.

#3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 AM
n00b

kerryf is on a distinguished road
When gas level in tank gets really low, sometimes debris is dislodged and can clog the fuel filter. Easy thing to replace!

Kerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > FAQ's and DIY's