Yeah right, this is ridiculous - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 05:43 PM
For Teh Walrus?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
(Thread Starter)
Yeah right, this is ridiculous

So last night I met up with some audi and vw guys just to cruise around and look at some cars. We sat around and talked for a while, drove around a little bit, and then eventually decided to go over to the parking lot where all the "tuners" hang out. At this point I should mention we're probably talking just under 200 cars on this particular night so you can imagine the 5-0 don't like it much. Of course we don't do much but look at some other guys cars and talk, we're not dumb enough to do burnouts/race like the majority often do. We just had our own little corner. Well as I'm leaving that night to go home this is what happens.
First of all I left the lot from the wrong exit. I needed to turn left but there was a concrete median preventing me from traveling in that direction. I turned right and just took the first oppurtunity to go left but decided against the U-turn. So I pulled into the strip mall parking lot that's across the street since it connects to where I need to go. So I go all the way across that lot (reasonable speed no worries) and turn right onto the other street. At this point my friends are turning off and I'm on my way home by myself. Not 1 minute later I notice I'm being tailed. No worries, I'm going 5 over the limit before he pulled up and I even backed it off from there. We get to a stop light and as soon as it goes green he turns on his light. What the hell for? You'll love this.

Dick: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: actually I don't
Dick: Well, you and your buddies over there are constantly disobeying the warnings to leave so I'm under orders to enforce every minor violation in order to send a message. I saw that little stunt you pulled passing that car on Main, driving like an idiot. This is going to get real expensive for you tonight.
Me: Hold on. I didn't pass a car on Main. I pulled out and had to turn right because of the concrete curb and then I used the parking lot to get over here. That wasn't me.
Dick: . . .
Me: . . .
Dick: Well I have you for several other violations, any warrants out for your arrest?
Me: Of course not.
Dick: I'll be right back, you hold tight.

10 minutes later

Dick: First off you muffler is too loud. That's a safety equipment code violation. Your muffler is illegal. Second you were swerving over the double yellow line.
Me: When? You mean when I avoided the potholes?
Dick: Look. Technically every time you touched the yellow line with your tire that's a continuous lane change violation.
Me: Are you serious? For my tire going on the yellow line?
Dick: Yes. Actually I observed it three times, and I could write you three tickets.

Anyway he went on to say how all my buddies yada yada with this huge attitude like I'm out vandalizing or something. I sit there and listen not giving lip or anything and he just keeps on going about how we have fast cars with loud exhausts and they have to send a message. So my court date is Friday and of course I'm fighting this sh*t. How do you give someone a ticket for touching the yellow line on a 2 lane road with potholes and no shoulder?

#@!$)(*&#%@(^@!R)&!@%!#T)*&!@P(^#%!@_(!#@%_&!#%!#@ %!_^#@%!@

Yeah . . . 2 tickets

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD

Last edited by WALSRU; 04-29-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Thats absolutely BS.

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#3 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
thats rediculous! what kind of exhaust do you have? was he just assuming it was loud? and the lane change? that guy can stick that yellow line up his own ass...
#4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think I could stay calm if I was being given a ticket for stepping on the double yellow.

#5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
For Teh Walrus?

WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
(Thread Starter)
I have a vibrant exhaust. It's not quiet but no way it's illegal loud.

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
#6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by WALSRU
I have a vibrant exhaust. It's not quiet but no way it's illegal loud.
take that fucker to court! haha anyway you could get a citizens arrest for him being an idiot?
#7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i swerve around potholes too. why should i take the chance of fucking up my car because theyre too lazy or incompetent to stay on top of fixing them?
#8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Sodium Chloride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
i swerve around potholes too. why should i take the chance of fucking up my car because theyre too lazy or incompetent to stay on top of fixing potholes?
+1 ever thoght of being a lawyer? haha
#9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:21 AM
1st Gear Member

bob318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bob318
Yeah the cops are getting rediculous. I think its bullshit that they can get like 3 feet from your bumper and ride your ass until you mess up on some stupid technicality bullshit. The next city over from mine just got bran new dodge charger police cars. Its pretty crazy.

Custome MagnaFlow catback exhaust, Millie miglia 17inch rims, Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, Carbon headlight brows, Carbon badges, Clear corners in the front,Clear sidemarkers and Custome smoked taillights.
#10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Sodium Chloride

hey how did the court day turn out?? you never said...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales