Worst place to get a flat tire - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 10:10 AM
sport3

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My parents are starting to make me look at collegs ghead . We live in Virginia, and my dad wanted to visit Colgate and Cornell (near the fingerlakes in NY). After visiting Cornell, we were on our way to colgate, and on some back road when my dad noticed a really werid noise. We pulled over, and the left front was flat! It was right in front of a house, but it looked like if you walked up to the door, theyd have a shotgun to your head. He called AAA, but was too impatienet. We both got to work chaning the tires. About 1/2 way through a guy pulls over and gets out, he starts talkin and he was a previous BMW owner, wanted to know if we needed any help. The AAA guy game and made sure everything was on right, and took the wheel back to his shop to see if he could patch the tire. Well turns out he couldnt, so with the ugly black donut rim (cant get a full size spare with the sport package), we drove to Colgate, visited, and stopped in Binghamton (spelling?) on the way home to get something to eat. We stopped at a Taco Bell, and these people working there were dumb as a doornail. I ordered a mexican pizza and two taco meal, and they gave us two of them for the price of 1. Then they screwed my dads order up, and they couldnt understand what we were saying. Driving under 75 (even though it says 50) on that spare was dumb as crap. We average 87 on the way up there, with only 70 on the way home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 11:20 AM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spetsnaz Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spetsnaz Op
i remember when my sister looked at cornell...i remember that place was huge....a city in itself. she went to hopkins.

Certified Alaska BMW Snow Warrior
#3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 11:26 AM
5th Gear Member

the///man is an unknown quantity at this point
well fellas..that just sucks
#4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 12:03 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
Ski lives in binghampton

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 03:34 PM
sport3

Quote:
Originally posted by Spetsnaz Op@Aug 23 2003, 11:00 AM
i remember when my sister looked at cornell...i remember that place was huge....a city in itself. she went to hopkins.
cornell was very nice, im defiantly applying there. My dad had just overtaken 3 cars on a country road when we noticed it. It was punchered by a long slender rock, that had been in there for a while. The AAA guy tried to plug it at his shop, but since we had driven on it for a few miles, it wrecked the sidewall, and it bulged (fronts are 40 series, very little air) when we went to re-inflate it. We ordered a replacement from Tirerack yesterday.

#6 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 05:18 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
Quote:
Originally posted by Spetsnaz Op@Aug 23 2003, 11:00 AM
cornell is a cool place, greg graffin is working on a phD there if anyone knows who that is
#7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Ski
Sheer Driving Pleasure

Ski is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by sport3@Aug 23 2003, 11:50 AM
and stopped in Binghamton (spelling?) on the way home to get something to eat. We stopped at a Taco Bell, and these people working there were dumb as a doornail. I ordered a mexican pizza and two taco meal, and they gave us two of them for the price of 1. Then they screwed my dads order up, and they couldnt understand what we were saying.
Hey sport3, damn I missed you..yes I live in Binghamton and I believe the Taco Bell you stopped in is on Court Str. where all the construction is going on ..pain in the royal arse!! Right across the street there is a full service Sunoco station where I get my 93 octane and oil changed!! B)

My Jet Black's
'03 3.0i Z4 Loaded
'02 325Ci Loaded
'06 330xi Loaded
#8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 07:30 PM
sport3

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski+Aug 23 2003, 05:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ski @ Aug 23 2003, 05:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sport3@Aug 23 2003, 11:50 AM
and stopped in Binghamton (spelling?) on the way home to get something to eat. We stopped at a Taco Bell, and these people working there were dumb as a doornail. I ordered a mexican pizza and two taco meal, and they gave us two of them for the price of 1. Then they screwed my dads order up, and they couldnt understand what we were saying.
Hey sport3, damn I missed you..yes I live in Binghamton and I believe the Taco Bell you stopped in is on Court Str. where all the construction is going on ..pain in the royal arse!! Right across the street there is a full service Sunoco station where I get my 93 octane and oil changed!! B) [/b][/quote]
i was half alseep, but that sounds about right. Great to know that there are fellow bimmers around. I really thought it was cool how the guy stopped when we were chaning the flat. I guess when you buy a bimmer, your automatically joined into the club

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales