BMW Werkz banner

What the f**k is my luck with hitting sh*t

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Spetsnaz Op 
#1 ·
Ok so im at camp now and i cant leave at any time except for saturday. So i park my car 2 sundays ago and im off to beat... supervise little kids. So roll around 2 weeks and i go to move my car. Start to slip in the clutch and roll foward not 2 feet when the car jolts and stops dead in its tracks. Get out of the car and what do i see but 4 quarts of oil on the ground with scattered metal schrapnel. Turn off the car look underneath and what do i find but a 6 inch gapping hole in the oil pan. I about shit my pants, because this being sunday, i have to go to summer school wednesday morning (being today) at 6 AM. So i start calling around all used auto shops. No one has oil pans, so i make a last ditch effort and call BMW. They have 1 left. $300. So my dad buys it, runs it up to camp for me. jack the car up and what do I find but that to change the pans i must remove the front sway bar, the anterior transmission cover, steering linkage, subframe mount and oil pump. POS. have it towed. Ends up 3 1/2 hours by a professional crew on in a pit with the car on a lift and im out 500 bones, half my summers pay check.

But at least i have a shiney oil pan now.

#2 ·
you should have bought an aft mkt oil pan so its not aluminum and wont be ripped apart so easily

#5 ·
yea i guess i missed that part.... i hit a 3 inch tall tree stump. and the reason i couldnt get aftermarket is i needed the part immediatly... i couldnt wait for it to be mailed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.