Watch out for sleepers... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Watch out for sleepers...

Was driving home during my lunch break to pick up something and wasn't paying attention to what was next to me at a light. Car pulls up a bit, the guy comments on my car (my window was down) we have a quick conversation at the light. Light turns green we roll, I shift to 2nd not thinking anything was going to happen, then he floors it, so I floor it, but in 2nd(it was only a mazda 6) and then... i heard a familiar sound and catch a glimpse of his brake lights. We slowed for another light... "Mazda speed?" I ask? He smiles, we both hit it this time. Was very close, both had some wheel spin, but didn't have enough room for it to get really interesting. We then parted ways with a wave.

Moral: Check out the other persons car carefully, more than just a glance Id.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:45 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
That's why I left the original "2.5i" markings on my Z - so much more fun if they don't know what's coming...

If we are stopped and they know what they're doing, manmy can hear the low whistle of teh blower. Only other thing is, the Z is so sporty to start with, and with mine lowered and with those wheels, pretty much everyone assumes and wants a piece of me, even when I just want to mind my own business. It is CATNIP. . Again, not always a good thing as I want peace sometimes!

And let's not forget how many pretender idiots are out there. Professor's E39 HAS the Dinan 5 markings, and still they come. His 335i challenge in Driving Tales is a classic. Silly people out there indeed. We swat 'em - one at a time

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#3 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness
I want peace sometimes!
Then take the wifey's xi!

Quote:
And let's not forget how many pretender idiots are out there. Professor's E39 HAS the Dinan 5 markings, and still they come. His 335i challenge in Driving Tales is a classic. Silly people out there indeed. We swat 'em - one at a time
It was dark, he might not have seen it. And to be fair, it is VERY rare that one finds a supercharged 5er, even among those that have the Dinan badge. There just aren't many out there. With the cash I've spent on this car, I could easily have bought myself a very nice E39 M5, or have been halfway to paying off an E60 M5. I like my way better :-)

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Teh wifey's 328xi is pretty freakin' fast BTW! I just don't care for teh auto tranny and teh fact that since it stays in low gear in "Sport" mode, it can really take off on you and require clamming on teh brakes to not hit people. This lack of precise control is quite a change from my Roadster. To be fair, it IS still fun to drive her car, and it makes me really wonder what crazy stoc power teh 335 has! Ahh, what might have been had she not needed a car right away for work - RATS! (But that still would've been auto, but ooh how nice and fast it would've been, except when you run into Captain Dinan, Professor Emeritus! - he'd likely have a Dinan TOOTHBRUSH if they made one! )

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Last edited by RoadsterMadness; 12-14-2007 at 02:57 PM.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Quote:
he'd likely have a Dinan TOOTHBRUSH if they made one! )
I DO have a Dinan toothbrush.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
is it cf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
is it cf?
That's the stage 2 version, it's in development and probably won't come out for another year or two.

Lindsay fan club member.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
then i shall wait

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#9 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:05 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Patience is a virtue...

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#10 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
So was it a Mazdaspeed 6 or not?

I say negative because a MS6 would rip you a new one ... and no wheelspin, it's AWD.

#11 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Mr. Bacon

unless it was really slippery

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#12 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
So was it a Mazdaspeed 6 or not?

I say negative because a MS6 would rip you a new one ... and no wheelspin, it's AWD.
He said it was and I heard turbo whoosh. Maybe the wheel spin was just mine...
#13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
5th Gear Member

d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
Still though... your car doesn't have to have ALL the mazdaspeed goodies.... he might have bought the mazda6 and then bought just the turbo.

Just like you can buy a dinan chip and not have a dinan car.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
#14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 07:11 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
yeah this sorta ghetto looking 240sx passed by me today in the 350z so i gunned it thinking i would cream him but after a couple seconds i wasnt really gaining on him. i think i was slowly but i ran out of room because of traffic. i was gonna ask him what he had in it but i was ashamed and turned off into my neighborhood. also, i rarely street race but when i do i feel like a selfish irresponsible asshole.

thats why i dont want to have a sports car as a dd, i dont want people to be trying to race me all the time. it can be hard to resist sometimes.

Last edited by Ivan; 01-04-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales