| Originally posted by theironm0nk@Jul 23 2005, 10:41 PM |
Lets start off with that my 318is came modded with pos traction.
So I decide to take the long way to my girlfriend's house to have fun on the twisties
I pull up to very large* intersection 4 lane each side; 2 to turn the others to go strait. Suddenly the traffic ahead clears up then a Jaguar pulls up right next to me and revs his engine. A cop next lane over gives us a nod and turns at te red. I start reving my engine. The time when all lights are red for 5 seconds everyone's attention is on us drivers, joger, people coming out of the different stores.
The light turns green and I floor it and take off. I managed to get half a car's length ahead of him. I shift into 3rd he starts catching up were neck and neck he starts passing me. I shift into 4th and start breaking even and I start pulling up. We're dead even traveling at 60. I shift into 5th and I start pulling ahead before I know it I'm doing 120MPH. Our cars are screaming loud. I push it and hit 130MPH and get over a full car length ahead of him. He suddenly slows down to atleast 80. I start breaking gently till the split in the road. My direction is at red and I make a smooth stop. He catches up and slows down; even though he has the green and there are cars behind him. He says "nice driving I wasn't expecting that from a 318" we both nod and he takes off in his direction.
At night when traveling home amungst traffic I see a black trans am. I do my usual weav through traffic and then start traveling at 60 suddenly the trans am catchs up and starts passing me. I hit 5th and start passing him he starts catching up then I pass him at about 90 and get half a car length ahead* for a couple of minutes. He honks waves* slows down then gets behind me then in the turning lane and leaves.
I'm gonna assume that the trans am was a V-6.
I hate to be this guy but...
1. It didn't come "modded" with a posi rear. It comes from the factory with LSD.
2. That cop is a dumbass.
3. 4th gear in a 318is is absolutely terrible. It won't get you up a mild hill.
4. "We're dead even traveling at 60. I shift into 5th and I start pulling ahead before I know it I'm doing 120MPH." You need a calender to count how long it takes to get from 60 to 120 in 5th in a 318is
5. 0-130 time in your car is around 1 minute (no joke) Must have been like that long ass race where Paul Walker "almost had" Vin Diesel in "Slow and Delerious"
6. The trans-am I believe. They are horribly slow. And they are all V-6 (correct me if I am wrong) The only V-8 is the WS6 and one other model.
I have done some crazy shit in my 318is at the auto cross track. Most of which I wouldn't believe if somebody else had told me (but SCCA posts my times) I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have the same car, and it would be immoral to give you credit for such a feat.