Two Kills In One Day - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
theironm0nk is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Lets start off with that my 318is came modded with pos traction.

So I decide to take the long way to my girlfriend's house to have fun on the twisties

I pull up to very large intersection 4 lane each side; 2 to turn the others to go strait. Suddenly the traffic ahead clears up then a Jaguar pulls up right next to me and revs his engine. A cop next lane over gives us a nod and turns at te red. I start reving my engine. The time when all lights are red for 5 seconds everyone's attention is on us drivers, joger, people coming out of the different stores.

The light turns green and I floor it and take off. I managed to get half a car's length ahead of him. I shift into 3rd he starts catching up were neck and neck he starts passing me. I shift into 4th and start breaking even and I start pulling up. We're dead even traveling at 60. I shift into 5th and I start pulling ahead before I know it I'm doing 120MPH. Our cars are screaming loud. I push it and hit 130MPH and get over a full car length ahead of him. He suddenly slows down to atleast 80. I start breaking gently till the split in the road. My direction is at red and I make a smooth stop. He catches up and slows down; even though he has the green and there are cars behind him. He says "nice driving I wasn't expecting that from a 318" we both nod and he takes off in his direction.

At night when traveling home amungst traffic I see a black trans am. I do my usual weav through traffic and then start traveling at 60 suddenly the trans am catchs up and starts passing me. I hit 5th and start passing him he starts catching up then I pass him at about 90 and get half a car length ahead for a couple of minutes. He honks waves slows down then gets behind me then in the turning lane and leaves.

I'm gonna assume that the trans am was a V-6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 01:06 AM
3rd Gear Member

dvmotorsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by theironm0nk@Jul 23 2005, 10:41 PM
Lets start off with that my 318is came modded with pos traction.

So I decide to take the long way to my girlfriend's house to have fun on the twisties

I pull up to very large* intersection 4 lane each side; 2 to turn the others to go strait. Suddenly the traffic ahead clears up then a Jaguar pulls up right next to me and revs his engine. A cop next lane over gives us a nod and turns at te red. I start reving my engine. The time when all lights are red for 5 seconds everyone's attention is on us drivers, joger, people coming out of the different stores.

The light turns green and I floor it and take off. I managed to get half a car's length ahead of him. I shift into 3rd he starts catching up were neck and neck he starts passing me. I shift into 4th and start breaking even and I start pulling up. We're dead even traveling at 60. I shift into 5th and I start pulling ahead before I know it I'm doing 120MPH. Our cars are screaming loud. I push it and hit 130MPH and get over a full car length ahead of him. He suddenly slows down to atleast 80. I start breaking gently till the split in the road. My direction is at red and I make a smooth stop. He catches up and slows down; even though he has the green and there are cars behind him. He says "nice driving I wasn't expecting that from a 318" we both nod and he takes off in his direction.

At night when traveling home amungst traffic I see a black trans am. I do my usual weav through traffic and then start traveling at 60 suddenly the trans am catchs up and starts passing me. I hit 5th and start passing him he starts catching up then I pass him at about 90 and get half a car length ahead* for a couple of minutes. He honks waves* slows down then gets behind me then in the turning lane and leaves.

I'm gonna assume that the trans am was a V-6.
[snapback]364736[/snapback]
I hate to be this guy but...

1. It didn't come "modded" with a posi rear. It comes from the factory with LSD.

2. That cop is a dumbass.

3. 4th gear in a 318is is absolutely terrible. It won't get you up a mild hill.

4. "We're dead even traveling at 60. I shift into 5th and I start pulling ahead before I know it I'm doing 120MPH." You need a calender to count how long it takes to get from 60 to 120 in 5th in a 318is

5. 0-130 time in your car is around 1 minute (no joke) Must have been like that long ass race where Paul Walker "almost had" Vin Diesel in "Slow and Delerious"

6. The trans-am I believe. They are horribly slow. And they are all V-6 (correct me if I am wrong) The only V-8 is the WS6 and one other model.

I have done some crazy shit in my 318is at the auto cross track. Most of which I wouldn't believe if somebody else had told me (but SCCA posts my times) I wanna give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have the same car, and it would be immoral to give you credit for such a feat.

BMW Technician
#3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Justin318is is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry man i cant believe this story cause my 318is couldnt even beat a kid in a bike. i was traveling back from camping and my 318is didnt even hit 130 on the freeway on the way back after having it floored for a good minute
#4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 06:42 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
My 318is has 160HP I had a dyno done when I purchased it.

The origanal owner bought it with LSD then had the engine balanced. before he sold it he put oem stuff back on air filter, muffler, body kit, chip sold the upgrades on ebay then sold the car to a friend of mine then I purchased it off him a month later.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

stll with only 160 and able to beat a jag and a trans anm even if its a v6?
#6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member

whitey_E30 is an unknown quantity at this point
ill race ya with my tricycle.

this is my ™
#7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Lets not forget you drive an automatic it makes a big difference.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 AM
5th Gear Member

LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
Do we have a BS flag smiley?

LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)
#9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 06:54 PM
1st Gear Member

yea i drive an automatic but still even it was a manual it cant beat those cars i cant even beat my freinds automatic 1997 subaru with less horsepower then mine bro, sorry but im calling this story bs.
#10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Did you ever think that there is something wrong with your car? Normal 318 can be slow but not that slow.

I do have LSD atleast 30 more HP(sounds like 60 compared to yours) sport springs, high performance shocks.
#11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

yea i think something is wrong with my car but juat dont know where to take it in to get it looked at its like when i first bought it was quick not fast but know its niether.
#12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
First off you should be using 93 octane. It could be a bad O2 sensor and you probably need a tune up.
#13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 AM
5th Gear Member

LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
There is no reason for a 1.8 to use 93 unless compression or FI has been changed/added.

LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)
#14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 02:00 PM
5th Gear Member

sp0rky is an unknown quantity at this point
You dyno'd 160hp in a 4 cyl?

I just dyno'd 119 hp on my m20 6 cyl.

I don't buy that.

Yes, I'm running lean - and fighting a fuel consumption issue - but at the most, I've only lost 10hp. I'm sure of that. The engine is also chipped.

#15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member

well i guess i maybe true since it has 138 base hp plus if you chip and cold air intake and exhaust you may be able to gain 20hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales