Two Encounters... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2005, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Early morning, I'm on my way to school, rocking some tunes and enjoying a semi-fast drive with one car in front of me. I glance in the mirror and instantly recognize E36 corner lights and headlights. I let off, to let the guy catch up and he passes me on the left... It's a 328i. I immediatelly step on it and move into the left lane behind him. I follow him around from lane to lane for about a mile and then we find ourselves lined up at a light.

What comes next is by no means pretty. Light turns green, he steps on it (and I can tell he is manual from a previous light that had a little slope), and so do I. He jumps out in front by about a foot, and as I redline first he shifts (I'm guessing about 4k rpm), and falls back a bit... not really a race, but it showed me how much faster those fucking things are than my piece of machinery.

On the way back from school, another interesting encounter. I am cruising the same road from the other direction with 10 am traffic almost non-existant... to my right, and back is a Gran Prix. I don't think much of it, until I see the furious driver try to pass me and the 'Prix's front end lift up. Ahh hell no, I punch it, and pull away just a bit, while the driver of the American sedan backs off.

Next light is crucial point of this road/event. The road splits up left and right, and straight (that is blocked due to construction, and has many big orange cones -- im talking the person sized ones). She is on the right, me on the left (and it's a grand prix se (shit eater ?!!?) ). I know she wants in, in front of me, but can I prevent it ?

Light turns green, my reaction time is much better and I take the jump. She stabs the throttle and the torquey American car propells right by me... but not much. By the time She pulled up in front I was in second and now reeling that thing in... she couldn't get in. She slams on the brakes and almost plows the cones, while swerving towards me. I just swerve around her and take my place at the next light....

So Grand Prix 1 vs 1 525i.

And oh boy would I get it in the twisties .

Old 01-26-2005, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
BaLLZacK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally posted by Torque@Jan 26 2005, 04:36 PM
Early morning, I'm on my way to school, rocking some tunes and enjoying a semi-fast drive with one car in front of me. I glance in the mirror and instantly recognize E36 corner lights and headlights. I let off, to let the guy catch up and he passes me on the left... It's a 328i. I immediatelly step on it and move into the left lane behind him. I follow him around from lane to lane for about a mile and then we find ourselves lined up at a light.

What comes next is by no means pretty. Light turns green, he steps on it (and I can tell he is manual from a previous light that had a little slope), and so do I. He jumps out in front by about a foot, and as I redline first he shifts (I'm guessing about 4k rpm), and falls back a bit... not really a race, but it showed me how much faster those fucking things are than my piece of machinery.

On the way back from school, another interesting encounter. I am cruising the same road from the other direction with 10 am traffic almost non-existant... to my right, and back is a Gran Prix. I don't think much of it, until I see the furious driver try to pass me and the 'Prix's front end lift up. Ahh hell no, I punch it, and pull away just a bit, while the driver of the American sedan backs off.

Next light is crucial point of this road/event. The road splits up left and right, and straight (that is blocked due to construction, and has many big orange cones -- im talking the person sized ones). She is on the right, me on the left (and it's a grand prix se (shit eater ?!!?) ). I know she wants in, in front of me, but can I prevent it ?

Light turns green, my reaction time is much better and I take the jump. She stabs the throttle and the torquey American car propells right by me... but not much. By the time She pulled up in front I was in second and now reeling that thing in... she couldn't get in. She slams on the brakes and almost plows the cones, while swerving towards me. I just swerve around her and take my place at the next light....

So Grand Prix 1 vs 1 525i.

And oh boy would I get it in the twisties .
[snapback]279878[/snapback]
Your nutty driver
Old 01-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
flying_junk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to flying_junk
lol. person sized cones. how tall are u???
Old 01-26-2005, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by flying_junk@Jan 26 2005, 10:33 PM
lol. person sized cones. how tall are u???
[snapback]280013[/snapback]
i should say midget sized. im 6-1 lol
Old 01-26-2005, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWLotAttendant is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BMWLotAttendant Send a message via MSN to BMWLotAttendant
Quote:
Originally posted by Torque@Jan 26 2005, 05:36 PM
On the way back from school, another interesting encounter. I am cruising the same road from the other direction with 10 am traffic almost non-existant... to my right, and back is a Gran Prix. I don't think much of it, until I see the furious driver try to pass me and the 'Prix's front end lift up. Ahh hell no, I punch it,and pull away, just a bitwhile the driver of the American sedan backs off.
LOL...I do that too....

Hell no...you're not getting in....you're my bitch.
BMWLotAttendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by BMWLotAttendant+Jan 26 2005, 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BMWLotAttendant @ Jan 26 2005, 10:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Torque@Jan 26 2005, 05:36 PM
On the way back from school, another interesting encounter. I am cruising the same road from the other direction with 10 am traffic almost non-existant... to my right, and back is a Gran Prix. I don't think much of it, until I see the furious driver try to pass me and the 'Prix's front end lift up. Ahh hell no, I punch it,and pull away, just a bitwhile the driver of the American sedan backs off.
LOL...I do that too....

Hell no...you're not getting in....you're my bitch.
[snapback]280027[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
I especially hate it when they want to get in front of me and there is nobody behind me. Like wtf, you wanna pass me so you can do 20 under the limit in front of me ?

You're not going anywhere lol.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
my car is red

Car: 94 325i, 84 325e
Photos:
94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
Yeah I hate all the kids by my school with fast cars who drive very slowly or they cut me off at about 60 going up the hill near our school. So I go in the other lane and go past them. Man BMW's are so good at weaving in and out of traffic.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
94BMW325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 2003 M5
Photos:
Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
nice kill and good loss, well done for a days work

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Rooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: London Tube
Photos:
zeaq has a spectacular aura aboutzeaq has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to zeaq Send a message via MSN to zeaq Send a message via Yahoo to zeaq

My BMW 328i- AC Schnitzer Spoiler, Blaupunkt Stereo,Angel eyes(CCFL), M technik Lower Lip.

928 GTS- Stock
Z
zeaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales