Turbo M3 vs. 350Z 100 shot & 2 stock 350Z's (long write-up) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Keep it Copacetic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
(Thread Starter)
Turbo M3 vs. 350Z 100 shot & 2 stock 350Z's (long write-up)

How we met: Was bored today so I decided since the weather was clearing up a bit I would drive around for awhile. Drove through forest park and ended up on the other sie of it. While driving on Skinker I go through a green light and notice a Silver Z with 5% tint about to turn behind me. I catch his eyes, or maybe he caught my eyes. He pulls out behind me (gay sex joke?) and I see him whip out his tail a little bit. Neato. We come up to the light and I see him pull up next to me and drop his drivers window. My passenger window was alreayd half way down. He asks if i'm turbocharged because he saw my intercooler. Said yeah on 7 psi. He said he had a 100 shot nitrous.

He asked me out: He then shyly asked if I was going to hop onto the highway. Yeah, sure...I said nonchalantly. I followed him as we took the plunge down skinkier and onto 64/40 west. We chased each other a little bit until traffic cleared up.

1st Base: We held up traffic a little bit dropping down to 45-50 mph. We didnt honk or try any sort of regulated type of drag> We looked, we revved, we inched, we took off. He got the jump on me. I took it from third gear. My boost didnt build up very quick. He pulled ahead, 1 then 2 cars. Jack Johnson is playign in my CD player. Boost builds. I'm flyign through fourth. Clutch obviously slipping. I slam into 4th gear and build bosot quick. And then immediately have to shut it down as we were approcahing traffic. He had me by 2 cars but I felt I had been coming up close to kiss his tail lights.

Take 2: We slow it down again. We pass the cop zone we both knwo of. Same speed. Same looks, same revs, this time i push it into a high 2nd gear. I knew this was experimental. Traffic clear, no cops in sight. I get a slight jump on him and I immediately pull a quick 1/2 car or more. I slam the clutch in half expecting what's going to happen next. With Stone Temple Pilots caressing my ears, I quickly, but not abruptly, slide my lever into 3rd while also giving some revs to keep up the boost. No dice. The sound of Stone Temple Pilots was drowned out by the Dog Teeth in my gearbox grinding. The type of sound that makes you cringe. This sound makes nails against a blackboard sound like music from the Heavens. I keep it in nuetral and quick pump the clutcha dn get it into third. By this time he's got an easy 3 cars on me and I give it up, knowing there wa sno need to kill the clutch before another run.

After this run we do a little mroe chasing, keepign an eye out for cops. I'm beginnign to run late for class so I indicate I want to hop onto 270 North. We both take 270 North. We merge out of traffic and...

We take a walk on the beach: We both pull into lane 1 and 2. No cars near No Cops near. This time I shut off the radio (+10 horsepower). He indicates he wants another run. For some idiotic reason I think 2nd gear might work this time. Ill cut down this description and say the same thign happened. I couldnt get it into 3rd gear again. This angers me.

He watches me have a threesome: When we hoped onto this freeway I happened to take notice of two other 350Z's that we merged near. It was black 350Z following a red 350Z. I'm in lane 1 and the silver nitrous Z pulled behind me. The red 350Z pulls up in lane 3. The black Z pulls up right on my back corner in lane 2. Knowing this owuld be somewhat less organized the black Z guns it at abotu the same time as the red Z. I've been toying with my clutch while they were linign up and built boost almsot immediately as I was revving into 3rd gear. My car pulls HARD as I quickly catch and walk away from both of them. The Silver Z guns it after me and I see him behind me pullign from the other two Z's also.

Sex: We got a good lineup this time. Me in Lane 1, him in lane 2. I decide this time it's gonna be 3rd gear for me. He lines up and we both gas it aroudn the same time. I had a SLIGHT edge on him. I played with my clutch again somewhat buidling the boost as I push 3rd. I pull hard ahead of him, maybe 2 cars. We keep it even from here until we shut it off a little bit after entering my 4th.

He wanted to and i didnt, then i wanted to and he didnt: From here we toyed. We lined up and he jumped hard ocne when I wasnt ready. He took off for a bit before realizing i didnt go. then we lined it up again and I jumped wihtout realizing he wasnt prepped yet. We did this a few times.

Couldnt get an erection: So we lineup one more time before we get to 70 West. I needed 70 west to get back to campus and to class in time. Thsi time we lineup. I put it in third and setup to rev/boost/clutch take off. We setups up we look at the road and back at each other for abotu 10 seconds. By now my radio is back on and i've got some green day on the radio. Coast was clear. No traffic, no cops. We both jump at the same time. Perfect setup run. I pull hard and harder. Slam it into fourth. By now i've got a bus or even more on him. Ic oudlnt believe it. It looked liek he was still tryign hard. I shut it down soon thereafter and slow it back down. He drops his window and I drop mine. He said he ran low on Nitrous. I laugh and yell to him i've got a slipping clutch. He smiles and I hop on 70 West.

One Night Stand: I didnt even get to wave goodbye to him as traffic forced me behidn 3 trucks including a snow plow. What a slut.

I'm never calling him again: I parked my car and look at my turbo timer. It read's E'57". I dont even know what that means. I get out and all I can smell is burnt clutch. :eyecrazy

Analysis:

My advantages:
Slight weight advantage
Boost

His advantages:
Shorter gearing
Nitrous
My slipping clutch

and all this brings me to my final point.....Don't. smoke. crack.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
cute, i have always supported the gheys...

whats holding you back from throwing in a new clutch? it aint that hard...nor expensive

Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
#3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
I still havent installed my splitter, it's almsot finals, im broke, my car was recently broken into adn i had to buy a new wndow, had ot buy a new battery, tuition for next semester, winter season coming so i want to try adn go boarding a few times.

And a new clutch is about $500ish. I have no tools nor experience in replacing a clutch so thats about $300 in labor.

#4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 12:30 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
winter season coming so i want to try adn go boarding a few times.
Where do you go to ride? Ever been riding in the B.C. or Alberta Rockies?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 05:25 AM
Keep it Copacetic

(Thread Starter)
No havent ever been to Canada. I jsut make fun of it becuase Canada makes fun of the US. I ust go boarding local StL. I dont have a board anymore becuase once again im a broke college kid and also the fact I grew a lot in mor erecent years in height.

#6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Live Fast. Drive Faster.

buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute buuhh99 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to buuhh99
Phat Cat I used to live in Calgary. I boarded at Sunshine, Lake Louise and the COP

#7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
my bro is buying a 350z in the next month or so with plans to get one of those stillen twin turbos for it putting out 400rwhp or whatever. i cant wait.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 06:37 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
u sure ur syncros arent going? when u shift and grind it sounds like syncros, time for a 6 speed...

#9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 09:39 PM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power
I jsut make fun of it becuase Canada makes fun of the US.
lolrz, and that's why I htough we make fun of the 'States!

buuhh99...f'n COP, what a place, stupis busy these days, great halfpipe now though. I love the 'Lake and Sunshine. Did you ever ride Castle Moutain near Pincher Creek? Some of the best riding in the world around here, no doubt.
#10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotKRAUT
cute, i have always supported the gheys...
Lmao.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales