Those silly saleens.... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2004, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Stuka is an unknown quantity at this point
So on my way home, I see this silver mustang saleen makin a u turn, and i was desperate for races so i initiated a race by the "ricer-fly-by" technique. This man probably thought: what the hell is this dumbass thinking? I was reaching redline in second as i hear that supercharger get goin. within seconds he blows by me and brakes for an upcoming light. I think to myself, HMMM. Lets ask how much power hes got. I ask, and the ego killing 380 went in one ear and out the other. We race again, and obviously he beats me, but i seemed to keep up for like 1 second, then he pulls and doesnt just walk, he runs from me. For some STRANGE reason that 380 beat my ~240. odd. I wanted to make a high speed run on the freeway, but hed probably beat me there too. Oh well my fatass car needs to go on a diet, that fat bitch. I love her tho.

6 cylinders, 5 Speeds, 4 Doors, 3 Pedals, 2 Exhaust Pipes, 1 Ultimate Drving Machine
Stuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2004, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
lol
Old 07-18-2004, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
At least you got to drive home in a BMW.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
brien4787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brien4787
haha, i saw 2 guys..like early 20s... showing off their cars for like 2 hours at the movies...(in front of middle and high school kids pretty much)

1 had a GT... and the other had a saleen...

though the regular saleens are fast... this guy put who know how mcuh money into it. he had the flame decals(blue).......
at least a turbo..he had the doors go up like a lamborgini... uhh, like everything..........

they were showing off...stoping their cars in the movie theater area traffic... popping their hoods to seriously like 15 year olds... and they had serious.... 15 year old girls in their car... they couldnt be much older then that hahaha...

i was just thinking... too bad...they are still mustangs....
sure you can go fast in a striaght line....
Old 07-19-2004, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Quote:
Originally posted by brien4787@Jul 19 2004, 12:40 AM
haha, i saw 2 guys..like early 20s... showing off their cars for like 2 hours at the movies...(in front of middle and high school kids pretty much)

1 had a GT... and the other had a saleen...

though the regular saleens are fast... this guy put who know how mcuh money into it. he had the flame decals(blue).......
at least a turbo..he had the doors go up like a lamborgini... uhh, like everything..........

they were showing off...stoping their cars in the movie theater area traffic... popping their hoods to seriously like 15 year olds... and they had serious.... 15 year old girls in their car... they couldnt be much older then that hahaha...

i was just thinking... too bad...they are still mustangs....
sure you can go fast in a striaght line....
so true....american cars were built for 1/4 mile....european cars were built for crazy tracks with nice banked turns. Of course asian cars were built so that there engines can fall on ur lap.

that saleen still sounds nice though
Old 07-19-2004, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
I still think its crazy how american cars need all this displacement, when, if neccessary or if BMW or Porsche wanted to(ferarri already does it), can put out twice the horspower in their engines with half the displacement.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
the great thing thing is that if i had a turbo, i would have greater torque and hp numbers with like 1.5 liters less displacement. Oh wells.

6 cylinders, 5 Speeds, 4 Doors, 3 Pedals, 2 Exhaust Pipes, 1 Ultimate Drving Machine
Old 07-20-2004, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
Old school 5.0 Mustangs put out like 270 hp. And then you have cars such as Mitsubishi that put out 200 with 2 liters.

That's what you call American engineering.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
aschueler is an unknown quantity at this point
Sigh. I really wanted to get the new 2005 Mustang with the retro looks -- but the comments above summarize why I chose the BMW instead....plus and interview with one of the head engineers explaining that a cheaper suspension was used to keep the cost down....
aschueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Reedalicious is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Reedalicious
HAHAHA, Ive seen that Mustang with the blue flames and Lambo doors. He Shows up to my school and picks up his highschool girl friend (keep in mind hes in his early twenties, shes proably 18-ish). He parks in the middle of the exit so instead of 2 lanes going out, theres one, and every one has to look at his car. Always parked with the doors open playing KIIS FM or something like that. No body like him. Hes lame time 2.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Reedalicious, where are you from ?

Because surely enough we have a KISS FM right here in KY>
Old 08-02-2004, 01:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
the hell? the one that smoked my ass didnt have blue flames, but funny enough, i do remember a mustang with blue flames, cuz i would always laugh to myself. Where do you live?

Old 08-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
RetroSpek is an unknown quantity at this point
Numark, asian cars do what? If youre referring to asian cars being cheap.... then you probably dont know that Japanese cars are more quality built than german cars. Honda and Toyota for instance, are the longest lasting cars on the road with the least amount of engine problems.

Anyways, yea, those silly saleens.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by RetroSpek@Aug 2 2004, 03:01 PM
If youre referring to asian cars being cheap.... then you probably dont know that Japanese cars are more quality built than german cars. Honda and Toyota for instance, are the longest lasting cars on the road with the least amount of engine problems.

HOld the mother fuckin phone. Sir, to start, lay off the heroin. Second, learn some goddamn grammar. Third, please god stop the heroin, its making you very, VERY stupid.
1990 535i 5 Speed +[E.A.T. chip/Powerflow intake/Tri-flo exhaust system/Strut Tower Bar/Smoked Signals/Pioneer Head Unit/Crossfire vr401 amp/12&quot; Crossfire BMF sub/eyebrows/18&quot; alpina replica rims]+

Old 08-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Been here a while.

Car: Blah
Photos:
97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Longest lasting cars on the road......

My M just had the water pump fail on Saturday... 157k miles... and this is the first OEM part to come off the car besides the cams which I replaced.. and the intake man.

Dont give German Cars SHIT..... Drive the hell out of one for 7 years... with no costs besides GAS, OIL, TIRES and FILTERS.

I'm calm really.. just thought you just might like to know.

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
97alpineM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales