Teh MIGHTY E38 and its KILLZ...
So, the amazing black monster Prof-mobile in my driveway, whose red-Dinan housed supercharged V8 with crazy red lighted ignition coils and every conceivable extra, including one loud assed mighty exhaust -was taken for a spin to the NJ meet in Paramus last Sunday. Here's the scoop I hear...FOOLISH MORTALS - TRIX ARE FOR KIDS and don't mess with the 7...
Recent kills in the E38:
1. I-85 southbound, 3pm, I'm in the right-hand lane on cruise at 70mph. I spot a very new-looking Mustang GT500 driven by an older black gentleman coming up fast behind me in the left lane. I turn off cruise, get in the middle lane, and gently accelerate up to about 90, at which point the Mustang is even with me and we're at the same speed. Traffic ahead is light--and all in the right-hand lane. I look over and nod, he does too, and he hits it. So do I. Ran up to 145, at which point I glanced in my rearview mirror to see the stang multiple carlengths behind--not sure how many, I was too busy concentrating on the road ahead. Hit the brakes, slowed back down; mustang passes at high speed, but brake lights quickly come on. We come up even again and the guy in the mustang is all smiles and gives thumbs-up, follows me to a gas station at the first exit, and we briefly exchange pleasant words. The guy turns out to love BMW's and the 7-series in particular; raced me to be nice and was not expecting that result in any way!
2. Some random road in the Northeastern USA; three lanes each direction. Too much traffic to do much when an E55 AMG comes up on my left. Given my license plate, he wants a piece. I give him one, from 65 to 125ish when traffic gets too heavy to continue. I pulled multiple carlengths.
3. Same random road. Ferrari 360 Modena coupe, in yellow. Toll booths, yes! We pull up to the toll booths at the same time. I put it in neutral and rev at him. He looks around, not understanding where such a hellish sound could possibly be coming from. Wait, is it coming from that black seven series? We both pay our toll with easy pass and both roll forward at idle. He hits it, and I do too. Too much traffic to do much, but I beat him to the lane merge after the tollbooth by about two carlengths. He looks very unhappy and is having an existential crisis. Not surprising given that he chose yellow for his Ferrari.
4. Same random road. Lots of bimmers surrounding me now. E60 M5 next to me, stock. The other bimmers make room ahead. We hit it from 55 to about 135. I had him by something like a bus. When we all reach our destination, the owner and I have a great time discussing bimmers.
2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena" 2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop
- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc. RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged
, 5-speed, Brembos etc. Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT