Teh MIGHTY E38 and its KILLZ... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Teh MIGHTY E38 and its KILLZ...

So, the amazing black monster Prof-mobile in my driveway, whose red-Dinan housed supercharged V8 with crazy red lighted ignition coils and every conceivable extra, including one loud assed mighty exhaust -was taken for a spin to the NJ meet in Paramus last Sunday. Here's the scoop I hear...FOOLISH MORTALS - TRIX ARE FOR KIDS and don't mess with the 7...

Recent kills in the E38:

1. I-85 southbound, 3pm, I'm in the right-hand lane on cruise at 70mph. I spot a very new-looking Mustang GT500 driven by an older black gentleman coming up fast behind me in the left lane. I turn off cruise, get in the middle lane, and gently accelerate up to about 90, at which point the Mustang is even with me and we're at the same speed. Traffic ahead is light--and all in the right-hand lane. I look over and nod, he does too, and he hits it. So do I. Ran up to 145, at which point I glanced in my rearview mirror to see the stang multiple carlengths behind--not sure how many, I was too busy concentrating on the road ahead. Hit the brakes, slowed back down; mustang passes at high speed, but brake lights quickly come on. We come up even again and the guy in the mustang is all smiles and gives thumbs-up, follows me to a gas station at the first exit, and we briefly exchange pleasant words. The guy turns out to love BMW's and the 7-series in particular; raced me to be nice and was not expecting that result in any way!

2. Some random road in the Northeastern USA; three lanes each direction. Too much traffic to do much when an E55 AMG comes up on my left. Given my license plate, he wants a piece. I give him one, from 65 to 125ish when traffic gets too heavy to continue. I pulled multiple carlengths.

3. Same random road. Ferrari 360 Modena coupe, in yellow. Toll booths, yes! We pull up to the toll booths at the same time. I put it in neutral and rev at him. He looks around, not understanding where such a hellish sound could possibly be coming from. Wait, is it coming from that black seven series? We both pay our toll with easy pass and both roll forward at idle. He hits it, and I do too. Too much traffic to do much, but I beat him to the lane merge after the tollbooth by about two carlengths. He looks very unhappy and is having an existential crisis. Not surprising given that he chose yellow for his Ferrari.

4. Same random road. Lots of bimmers surrounding me now. E60 M5 next to me, stock. The other bimmers make room ahead. We hit it from 55 to about 135. I had him by something like a bus. When we all reach our destination, the owner and I have a great time discussing bimmers.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Im Bluffin With My Muffin

AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold AlpineSixAndSeven is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to AlpineSixAndSeven
Dude the seven owns all!!! Teh Prof is a lucky man

1991 Ford Taurs SHO 5 Speed White on Tan
1996 Chevy Lumina LTZ Rep 3.4L
1992 318i Coupe parts car
1992 325i Ls1 swap with a T56 6 speed 12.2 quarter mile
1976 Mercedes Benz 300D with a Ford 5.0L Fuel Injected soon to be Modded
I am Captain Obvious
#3 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Sounded like a great day out.........with teh Ultimate Driving Machine!

#4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
did you buy the prof's 7 or something?
#5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
Nope - I wish! He parks it (and teh 5er when she's up this way) at my place when he's working/living in NYC. These were some fun killz, but long story short, I needed to be the one to put them up on Werkz - Prof's idea. Only way for all to enjoy and they were so much fun I hated for them to stay secret. He even wrote the body of my first post. Again, long story - just enjoy.

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
crazy kids.

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
yay.

#8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Pandemonium Director

nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute nukeduster has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to nukeduster Send a message via MSN to nukeduster
i want suparchargerrrr. mach schnell!

nice. very nice.

#9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
That 7er sounds S-I-C-K! That guy in the Modena 360 probably had a mini stroke.

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
More fun and games:

1. There was a Jaguar XKR pulling up fast in the rearview mirror with a BMW X5 4.8 close behind. Open road ahead. Stepped on the gas when he was a car or two behind, caught up very quickly, lined up, gunned it, lots of acreage between 90-135. BMW caught up and gave the thumbs up. Jag driver not so pleased.

2. Came upon a brand new Roush Stage 3 Mustang GT. Did several runs from 85-135, 85-150, and 85-145. Left the stang far behind several times. Then the stang went off the next exit for gas; the 7 was thirsty too. The driver was a really cool guy, and soon the hoods were up on both cars.

3. C63 AMG in Long Island; one run from 70-120 before hitting traffic. Probably got about 4-6 CL's on him.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
#11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Roadstermadness, you recently got to drive the 7--your thoughts?

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
#12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Is the 7 Dinan badged on the deck lid?

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#13 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 AM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
or is it really just a 730iA and you two are making up all this?

j/k

#14 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark View Post
Is the 7 Dinan badged on the deck lid?
This is what the rear of the car looks like:

I have actually considered badging it as a 728i....

Lindsay fan club member.
#15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
OMG that number plate rules. I remember it now!

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales