Sequioa's SUCK! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
asohel is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Last Saturday, I heard this huge Bang, like three times. So I went outside to check it out. It was a Sequioa that had hit the curb of my house. about a few feet behind the Sequioa was a little boy who had fallen from the SUV. My initial reaction was that it was a white female, who had been run-over.....I was wrong. I went near the scene, and my dad said that the Sequia was rear-ended and then gained momentum, causing it to roll over once, then come back up again and hit the curb. The young boy, who, BTW, is 9 years old, feel out of the Sun Roof. Unfortunately, the young 9 year old died at the scene. The parents were so terrified, it was horrible. This goes to show you that SUV's suck! Especially the Sequioa/Land Cruiser/LX470. The only SUV that is SAFE is the Benz G-Class! But Sequioa's suck! It's a good thing it was on a weekend, cuz there is a school nearby and if it had occured on a weekday, the SUV would have crushed a child walking to school. Some advice, to Cam540, who is looking for an SUV, DON'T CONSIDER THE SEQUIOA! THEY SUCK! Anyone know how good the X5 is when it comes to roll-overs?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

eloff19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to eloff19
if he had his seatbelt on he probably wouldn't be dead...you ought to take the necessary safety precautions before you can say something is unsafe

btw----i'm not trying to knock you, it looks that way, its just stupid when people die and others wonder why...if you know where i'm going with this...
#3 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 04:59 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute Mach 5 has a reputation beyond repute
I rolled my first BMW when I was 19 the only thing that kept me from being ejected through the sunroof was the seatbelt I was wearing. The other two people also were wearing their seatbelts. I was the only one hurt and I had a concussion and a cut on my hand. It was the end of Dec. in Missouri so it was bitter cold, the car rolled 2 1/2 times ending up upside down in a ditch. I agree that if the parent had properly secured the child in the car he may still be with us.
Ben

"It's not because I'm an aggressive driver, it's because I'm an idiot" actual quote from my wife.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2004, 06:59 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

MrM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrM3
wow this happened infront of your house some of my relatives got hit a few months ago in a ford explorer and rolled a couple times and would probably be dead if they werent wearing their seatbelts. i hate SUV's too, but cars like the X5 and the volvo V80(?) are safer than alot of domestic cars on the road
#5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 11:23 AM
5th Gear Member

Spetsnaz Op is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spetsnaz Op
Quote:
Originally posted by MrM3@Feb 11 2004, 06:39 PM
wow this happened infront of your house some of my relatives got hit a few months ago in a ford explorer and rolled a couple times and would probably be dead if they werent wearing their seatbelts. i hate SUV's too, but cars like the X5 and the volvo V80(?) are safer than alot of domestic cars on the road
S80 the volvo SUV is the XC 90

why people get SUV's when they gont offroad is beyond me...any station wagon will outhandle most any SUV, and not guzzle gas. Oh well.

As far as SUV's go the Sequioa? is not too shabby though

Certified Alaska BMW Snow Warrior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales