BMW Werkz banner

If you were going at lets say 120 on a long freeway and a cop spots you would u slow down and pull o

• pull over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • run for it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Run or Pull over?

4K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  komodo 
#1 ·
yeah hi guys i was talkin to my friend who got an m3 n we were talkin bout how if he was going fast on a long stretch and a cop saw him .. wut he would do.. he told me he'd run n get off at the next exit haha
wut bout u guys?

#2 ·
If the cop motions me over I'm pulling over. If they already know the car you're done. You might be able to get away from them right there, but when you get home they could be waiting for you at your house after running your tags. That'd be a HELL of alot worse than a major ticket.

#3 ·
it depends on how they see me, if i blaze by them on the highway while theyre going 60 and im going 120, i would pull over

if they are going the other way on the highway or are stopped and theres no way they could get my plates, id run. because like skipjacks said they will run your plates and show up at your house (i should know from experience)

#4 ·
I chose pulling over because it's the sensible thing to do.

When you make the choice to run, you not only endanger yourself but you also put everyone else around you at risk. You're the one that made the decision to go over the speed limit and should be smart enough to know that trying to get away will only worsen the situation.

Take it from someone that knows way too many local / county cops. Be responsible and make the right choice.

#5 ·
the freeway is the worst possible place for anyone to run from the cops. all they have to do is radio ahead. keep your options open, stick to the streets.

last night, me and my bro saw a cop who pulled someone over at a gas station on the corner by my pad. we were doing 80 when we passed him in a 35, so i turned left and floored it down a 2 lane stretch at 130. i guarantee the cop saw, HEARD the whole thing!
as i slowed down to go over a rise we heard the call go out on the scanner and then saw 2 more cops who had some drunk ass out of his car. w/no other options, i shut off my lights and hit the red light at about 100 while they ran to their car. i hauled down side streets to my buddies house and hid my car in the garage for about an hour. the cops never had the chance to catch up, too many twisty turnys!!!

when we left, we were waiting for them to show up, because the scanner was still going off about us, but they only had a vague description cause my clear lights were not visible and the plates werent readable. they said the freeway ramps were covered and they would find us if we hit it.

we made it out ok, but when we got a few miles away, two chp cars swooped up behind and next to us and were talking about if we were the right car. HOLT $H T i was scared!! im glad they couldnt tell but they still stuck to us for about 3 miles on an empty road. it was classic, we were listening to their whole conversation. thinking of ways to tell if it was us!! they must have gotten bored cuz i looked at one chp and shrugged my shoulders like i didnt know what was going on and they backed off. strange but cool.
needles to say, i have purchased new underwear, and am still trying to clean my seat....

the moral...if we would have been on a freeway, we would have been in jail, cause there is really no where to go.

sorry, its long, but scanners also saved our asses too

Mark

#6 ·
yea. if the cop is facing the same dirrection as me. i'd pull over.

i have a recent post about my run from a few days ago. i'll recap breifly.

doing about 80 85 in a 45, passed a cop on a vacant 2 lane road which is kinda a shortcut to the main highway for my area. he slams on his brakes to turn around and come after me, but he can't make the full turn without backing up, i saw this and floored it around the last turn, and down the 600 - 700 yard straight away. hit about 130, stood on my brakes at the dead end and made my turn without seeing more than lights back around the last curve in the road.

i made it home, left that car in the garrage the rest of the day.

i sat in the garrage about 10 minutes before i could steady my hand enough to open the door and step out of the car. x.x

im never doing that again.

#7 ·
I just saw 7 cop cars with lights on sitting on the side of the Baltimore Beltway behind a red Porshe. Behind the Porsche were two 20 year olds in handcuffs.

Now I don't know exactly what happened....but this story pretty much writes itself. haha

#8 ·
Originally posted by Skipjacks@Jul 31 2004, 05:00 PM
If the cop motions me over I'm pulling over. If they already know the car you're done. You might be able to get away from them right there, but when you get home they could be waiting for you at your house after running your tags. That'd be a HELL of alot worse than a major ticket.
Well I have a way to avoid that, I would go park the car some where else, get droped home by a freind. When the cop comes to my house I would pretend as the car got stolen and then report it stolen. Maybe a day or two later they will find the car, or you can go and 'find it' yourself. And its all over.Thats how to avoid jail time.

#9 ·
in orange county, fuck yeah i am pulling over. there will be 100 cops on my ass in no time. they have nothing to do. then a copter will be there in no time, then for sure you will be screwed. all the cop has to do is get on his radio, then someone will be waiting for you.

dont be retarded. drive safe too. dont kill me please... if i almost get hit by you, i will rape you...seriously

#11 ·
1) You'd have to be a pretty good driver to evade police

2) No police helicopter dispatch in a 50 mile radius

3) Good local road knowledge

At the end of the day a ticket for speeding might cost you some money from a fine....... arrested for resisting arrest etc will cost you your licence! I like driving too much. :D

#12 ·
I've always wanted to mod my trunk to hold fuel, and start on the east coast, and do a cross country high-speed police chase. Obviously you'd get caught in the end, but it'd cost you your license and a year in jail maybe? You'd be famous on every car forum and tv station cross country. The thrill alone would be worth it. Fully modded bimmer flying down interstates at 150 followed by 2 dozen cop cars and a few helicopters. People waiting on the bridge for you to pass.... it'd be awesome. <3

#13 ·
stop thinking of the Italian Job. =P

that might be fun though.

:cheers

#14 ·
It's too glamorous in the USA.... we don't get shown live action chases in the UK.

Everyone wants to be a TV star :joking:

Motorways are shit for a chase, you are getting caught, no doubt.

I always thought that if I was chased then I'd be heading to the nearest shopping centre.... park inside and disappear into the crowd.

#16 ·
I am thinking of carring a defense sheild within your car to get rid of cops. Like have the ability to release small rc cars from the back of your car, which would go under the cops car release some elctromagnetic charge which would crash the cop cars computer, basically shutting his car down.

#18 ·
i've thought of what i could do to add a compartment on my bumper to drop lots of spikes / razors on the road behind me to get rid of cops. >.>

not very practical but the thought was entertaining.

#19 ·
while it's not practicle the one time that I have I got away... but barely. I was doing about 85 or 90 in a 55, two lane highway. I had been seeing crown vics all day that weren't cops... stupid old people. And was on this long stretch. I see a Vic up ahead going the opposite way I am, think nothing of it. I then I see the lights on top, and hit the brakes. I see them pull over and cut the wheel back the other way to come get me. Luckily they didn't have time to turn around before a train of about 7 cars that I had made my way through was passing by the cops. So I downshifted and turned off at a rest stop and parked the car where they couldn't see if from the highway and went in the bathroom. Luckily I had to pooh any way. So I'm in there and I hear a car pull up... crap must be the cop. I hear the door shut... then about 3 mins later he comes in the bathroom, I peaked underneath the stall and saw the cop shoes... luckily I had some meixcan earlier so I was really tearing it up. He musta felt sorry for me, because he left and no ticket. Didn't even say anything.

#20 ·
122 on the highway witht he cop stabding on the side and i pulled over

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.