Pissing off a cop - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2004, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Live_the_Curves is an unknown quantity at this point
Few days ago on my normal commute to downtown, its ussually busy as hell so whenever I get some free road, I floor to 140 km/h (speed limit is 90 km/h). This is really a nice road with wide curves for 15 kms. So I ran into a black oldsmobile on the left lane, he is driving at 110, I highbeam the guy tell him get out of my way, but he deos'nt listen, then I tail gate him for awhile just to piss him off, still does'nt get the point (the right line was busy at the time). I noticed I had some room on the right lane to take over him so I did, zoomed by him 165. After like 10 sec then I see in my back mirror the guy in his oldsmobile speeding up, so I slowed down, maybe he wants to race or something. But this guy pulls right beside me at 110 km/h, with police badge in his hand, shouting pull over. I knew he was off duty police officer, but I gave him an experssion like I did'nt know what was going on. I got back to my cruesing speed of 140, now he behind me giving me the highbeams, trying to make his oldsmobile look at cop car. Now he does'nt have computer or radar on him it was'nt a cop car, probably does'nt even have tickets on him, but I realize its not worthy pulling over (cause he can call another to give me a ticket). He can't really prove much in court of law if I were to just run away from him, so I did. All he had was my lience plate (plus my car is'nt registered under my name). This bastard followed me for quite some time ( I already missed my exit), he knew i was'nt was'nt going to exit so he took his exit and left. I expecting a call from this guy, but still without any evidence he can't prove much.
Live_the_Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2004, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretend pig out for some carjacking..... I don't blame you, I wouldn't stop either.

The funniest one (and quite dodgy) I ever pulled was when I was 17 and had just got my licence. I was out with a mate driving around at a bit of speed, having a laugh when we passed a cop at way over the limit.

He started to chase us and we couldn't get away. I pulled into a small lane and made maybe 20 seconds on them and then pulled over.....

..... once stopped, we both got into the back of the car and waited for the police. Police turn up and say "who was driving?"

"Sorry officer, I claim my European human right to silence and to not provide evidence against myself."

"Well, who's car is it?"

"*Silence*" (it was registered in my dad's name)

"Can I see your documents lads?"

"What? I'm a passenger, I'm not in charge of the car"

"Okay, lads.......... eerrrm....... we'll wait here until one of you has to drive off."

10 minutes later and they had gone! We just sat there laughing at them from the back of the car until they left.

Don't try this if there is even the slightest defect on your car .....or they'll arrest you for poor wiper blades or empty screen wash!

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
Mr White G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
in United States they could care less about your windshield wipers... people drive with no hood !
Old 07-02-2004, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car:
Photos:
dutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond reputedutchbmw has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to dutchbmw
That's a great story; you did have a lucky day!
Originally Posted by Torque
I was just dropped off here by aliens one day. They got bored with me.
dutchbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
thats awesome I'm gonna try that one day if I ever get pulled over
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Defector

Car:
Photos:
El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
the SC just ruled you must provide identification when told by a police officer, regardless of who is driving the car.
El Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
ajames is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with it, why shouldn't we be expected to tellem' who we are if they wanna know. It slows everything down and messes up the system if people make it hard like that. Sry if that was off-topic. Good story guys ... i doubt i'd have the balls to do the same.

alex
ajames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 03:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think it took balls ....... just impetuous youthful behaviour in my case.

I know the rules are different in the states but you can't have your car searched if everything is locked can you?

UK police are okay with you if you are okay with them, if you piss them off then they make it their life's work to have you enjoy a night in the cells. (They do a good job on balance)

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
Mr White G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Nice...I wish I had the balls to do that.
Yea off duty cops are bitches..I had one yell at me for speeding...33 in a 25 aprox. It as crap. THen the next day i see the guy going 90 in a 55.
Thats BUllshit

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales