new kill - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rmxpete is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I know you guys luv new kills so here it goes, my brothers car broke down (e30) so I let him drive my pride and joy bac to uni last weekn, he got almost home when he came to a set of stop lights and there was a integra reving up beside him :P the lights go green and the slightly modid honda took off and left my bro for dead, (wasn't racing yet) the next lights were also red so knowing what his car was capable of now, when the lights went green my bro said in these words " it was like unleasing a monster" he said that h killed him so bad the guy was so suprised that a BMW whipped his ass that he was asking what mods I had done to get it this fast my bro said nothin its stock .
this is espesially good because where I come from there is nothing but suiped up grandma japanes crap, no offence to anyone that has one but I just think they have no class a bit like a "stone" rather than a "diamond".

just out of a matter of interest I when to Auto salon in town last wekn they had honda civic vtec "turbos" da rage at the mo!! worth in the hundreds of thousand's
ok most of them has over 250hp to the weels but they still slow cause they can't get any grip!! "FWD" and answer me this if u guys had a couple of hundred thousand dollers spear DON'T buy a "STONE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 07:19 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
moving to driving tales.

#3 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 08:16 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
nice kill... what kind of car was ur bro driving?

#4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
my 328is, Stock remember, also I have kinda play raced if you would call it that,(not full on racing) with my mates mistibushi EVO 4, it wasn't actually that much quicker, I smashed him through the corners,I bet if I had a manual and some light mods I b able to beat him 0 to 200km his car cuts at 180km. u know the funny thing is? He paid more money for his pile of shit that what I paid for my untaimed beast, no kiddn but his car's interea is no beater than a hyundai with buckets, B)
#5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 02:00 AM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
Quote:
no beater than a hyundai with buckets
LOL.

nice dude. new evo's are quick. so damn.. 328iS's really do give you a lot. people really under estimate the power of BMW's. most think of em for their name, and end up putting money into them when they need to learn to drive rather then swipe a card.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
yea new evos are quick but this one is a 96 EVO 4 I put a boost gauge in it for him and its only boostn 12 pound @8000rpm standard next thing is a boost controller so we can get it up to 20pound,everything we have raced so far we have beaten in a strait line but as soon as you get out on the high way is were the battle is forit and the evo just has too much lag commin out of the corners, I know I know its just the person driving it but he won't let me drive it the pussy!! B)
the beammer really has constant power right through the Rpm's somthing that the jappa's don't have being little 4 bangers of course.
anyway keep the Kils commin
#7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 04:10 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
Hhhhmmm.... stock evo4s kick out 280bhp. And limited to 180kph? That sounds like a jap spec restricted model. Your man needs to get down the tune shop to get derestricted..... then you won't see him for dust! (Probably shouldn't tell him then)

Just out of interest, what rpm is the car doing in 5th at 180kph? Thats only 110 mph... it should be good for another 30 or 40!

As much as I love BMs, I can't imagine a stock 3 without M power is going to beat an evo in the real world. They are just too too TOO fast.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Evo will beat all non-M 3-series easily.

And something is wrong there if you top out at 180km/h.

Later.

ps. I imagine that turning up the boost so much on stock internals could be very dangerous.

#9 (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 09:10 AM
3rd Gear Member

^All Japanese cars are restriced out the factory to 180kph.

Euro cars are limited to 250kph.

Do US cars have a standard limit?

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I dunno what the revs are at 180km I ask him hes commin rond tonight, we are goin to do sme work on it. Don't you mean 220-230hp to the ground anyway, it really isn't that fast my old mans porsche 911 can slay it so I think a manual 328is could keep up, mine is also a M-TEC model so I think its pushing out about 180hp at the rear weels, I know the EVO's are quick but when we had a race with a lexus is200 we had to stay above 4000rpm all the time other wise we just got too much lag in the old girl, my mates also got a close ratio gear box which gives you whip blash when he changes cause there so short! and to answer your qustion yes ALL jappas are limited to 207kw & 180km, I thought that was about 120mph?? never mind with a few mods to my car I know I could beat him, so when I get my licesce back in august I will tell you how it goes!
#11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 01:58 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Yes use does have a limit... it's called drag for most cars. Most top out or are governed at 130mph. Higher end cars cut out at 155 mph. A few aren't though which is what I don't understand. Like th m5s at least used to be electronically limited to 155 mph. But then mercs have the AMG sedan that can break 200 mph. So I don't know if there is a law or what decided that, maybe it's only the car manufacturer.
#12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:48 AM
3rd Gear Member

Pete - 280bhp engine output. I think 180kph is actually 112mph to be precise.

Kid - You say no restriction but then say most are limited to 130... we are talking about cars which are electronically limited to speeds below their capability, not limited by their power.

Mercs are euro cars..... euro policy is 155mph (250kph). I don't think there is an actual law about this but it is a kind of unwritten agreement between (most euro) car manufacturers and the european government inline with safety and environmental issues. (I'm sure there is a bit of "you scratch mine and i'll scratch yours")

I believe Japan is different... 112mph (180kph) limiters are the LAW. sucks huh?

Interestingly, Audi limit their cars at 175mph(280kph)....... Porsche don't......... Neither do Ferrari.........

If a japanese car is imported to the UK, it HAS to have the ECU reflashed to alter the emissions... the delimit is a small bonus.

#13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Japanese cars are not restricted to 112 or 120 mph. Why would they do that ? People with DSMs (Eclipse, Talon, Laser) take those up to 145+ stock and they came out like a decade ago.

#14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Ok torque, trust us Jappa's are limited to 180km everyone of them, I have seen thousands and been in thousands they are all limited to 207kw and 180km'h
now I have got up to 190 in a nissan bluburd befor it cut and a nissan godzzila we got up to 210 before that cut all jappas dateing past the 1990's aren't limited I don't think, although I have been in a honda accord that cut at 180 and that was a 1989, but I have also tapped a mistubishi out at 230km'h I can't remember what that was but it was pre 1987 and it had red interia if that helps.
Mr White: my mates evo came round last night I forgot to ask him what RPM's he was doing at 180 but I can remember he can do about 140 in third "red lining" and almost reach the limiter in forth before he has to change to fith so goin by that I thought he would have a top speed around 220km'h ,
changing the subject again, I raced a 2.5 GTS skyline with my old E30 320i if he didn't pass me right at the begining I would have beatn him,(too much traffic commn the other way) I got a few inches from his bumper when he cut at 180, which I could tell really pisseed him of because the E30 could do 210 on the flats no worries and here he was with no more go go :P so then he tried to out corner me :lol: "'m in a BMW Dick head" I don't think onc anyone was able to out corner me in that thing it was driving on rails after I done some sus, mods
#15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Millions of them.

Believe in whatever you want. Some Japanese cars might be limited, but I certainly know that the evo VIII isn't. Read on the following pages:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2003@$M...on%20VIIIg.html

http://www.fast-autos.com/evo8.html

you find me one page that says evo is limited to 112 or 120 and I wont say another word.
http://www.modernracer.com/mitsubishilancerevo8.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales