MY very first M moment.. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
4th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PrInG has a spectacular aura about PrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
(Thread Starter)
MY very first M moment..

So I'm gonna cut to the chase my story telling ability is piss poor and maybe after I have a few more experiances I'll start to tell more ellaborate stories but here it goes.
I'm headed northbound on 23 back toward ohio from michigan. An in my rear view 2 cars come up fast. I get passed by a Honda accord and a newer Subaru legacy. Both lowered with rims they were obviously having a good ol' time. The kid in the Legacy waved as he went by probably around 100 mph or so I'm cruising at about 70. Both kids seem to be in their late teens or early 20s. So being the person that I am I acceletate upwards of a buck ten, its a 3 lane highway I've seen worse. So I catch up and both kids are driving like idiots weaving in and out of traffic. I slow down to about 80 dont need a ticket until I come to my exit which ironically is their exit as well..
This exit happens to be two lans and i see the kid in the accord , cut a lady off because he couldn't quite make the turn at the speed and his tires were screeching all over the place. he was at probably doing 75 when he tried to make the off ramp which was probably about a 30mph ramp.( I'm guessing) next in line is the suby which is grabbing all the breaks he can to avoid crashing into the woman that the accord cut off and keep his car from ramping off the off ramp into the field below His tires will be sore tommorow little smoke tumbling off . This is when I pat my ol pony on the dash downshift and take the inside lane at about 60 passing both cars no tire squeal no nothing I send the suby a friendly wave as I hint that he shoulda bought an M = )

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Kai
4th Gear Member

Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of Kai has much to be proud of
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kai
haha, I love it.

#3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Ultimate Driving Machine...........Cool!

johnny

#4 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Mr. Clean

BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
Haha. Good story. I've encountered similar circumstances on I84 westboud in western Danbury up here in good 'ole Connecticut. We're teen driving import nation up here, unfortunately.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:59 PM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I've done some straigh line rolling type stuff with some friends the aforementioned R32 and an Audi A4 but this was the first time I actually noticed how superior the M3 was in the corner I mean, the M shrugged this corner off like it was a fly on its shoulder and these other cars were shitting their pants trying to keep all the tires on the road.. it was a moment I'll Remember forever

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
#6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Mr. Clean

Garage
Definitely, ever since I heavily modified my suspension I've been taking corners and exits 10-15 mph (sometimes faster depending on severity) faster than I ever could before. I like to have people try and chase me down in the corners because I know they can't.
#7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:12 PM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
also for the record saw an M5 in the drive through at mcdonalds before heading to diffy q had to go home and change my pants after = ) JFTR

- Bow
#8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Mr. Clean

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrInG View Post
had to go home and change my pants after = ) JFTR
Haha...I've had those moments before...
#9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
next stop turbo kit = ) haha if only i had an extra 10 grand lol

- Bow
#10 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Mr. Clean

Garage
If only we all had an extra 10 grand...
#11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
You're right. You suck at storytelling.

#12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
///m Power Bay-bee!!! :d

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
4th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz View Post
You're right. You suck at storytelling.
perhaps next time I'll embellish the story a little .. Just for you = )

- Bow
#14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:26 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Yep you'll learn with the M you have to be mindful of other cars that may be trying to follow you through corners. There was a Tundra that I ended up right around every day after work at the same light. He HATED for me to pass him on the two lane frontage road. I toyed with him for about two weeks but he refused to admit his truck couldn't keep up with me or stop me from passing. I noticed he was keeping up with me on the turn off the frontage road, 90 degree right hander onto a 3 lane (two the way we were going one the other). So finally I just nailed it, entered at about 40ish and kicked the back end out, everything beatiful. The truck came behind and tried, under steered horribly and screeched to a halt a few feet from the concrete wall on the other side of the road. He gave up after that.

Obviously this can also be a fun and expensive trick to play on someone that thinks they can keep up with you.
#15 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid View Post
Yep you'll learn with the M you have to be mindful of other cars that may be trying to follow you through corners. There was a Tundra that I ended up right around every day after work at the same light. He HATED for me to pass him on the two lane frontage road. I toyed with him for about two weeks but he refused to admit his truck couldn't keep up with me or stop me from passing. I noticed he was keeping up with me on the turn off the frontage road, 90 degree right hander onto a 3 lane (two the way we were going one the other). So finally I just nailed it, entered at about 40ish and kicked the back end out, everything beatiful. The truck came behind and tried, under steered horribly and screeched to a halt a few feet from the concrete wall on the other side of the road. He gave up after that.

Obviously this can also be a fun and expensive trick to play on someone that thinks they can keep up with you.
That's just, well we all know what it is...

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales