my recent stories. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 06:12 PM
Fox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
So ever since I got my new muffler,,, er lack of one, everyone wants to race me. Except ricers

All these happen on highways. 2 on the greenway and one on interstate 4.

Race 1: Goin home with my friend (who has a supercharged M roadster, 500 hp spin through top of 3rd can you say drool....) And I see two identical ws6, which for those of you who dunno, thats a supped up trans am which is a v8 firebird. They are parked over to the side at the start of the bridge that everyone races on. I passed them and I assume they raced i saw them in my rearview, one gets off at a ramp and the other slowly comes up to me. He hears my exhaust and i guess thinks im some ricer or something. I hear him downshift so i downshift, *him 3rd gear me 4th gear cause we were traveling at 80 and thats the top of 3rd for me so that already puts him at a 240hp and one gear advantage to me.* So i give the flash and we go. And wow those rumbly exhausts get loud! And he FUCKIN pulled. I mean he just ate me soooo bad. Im talkin 10 car lengths in 2 seconds. No joke. Well i guess i did better than most cars on him cause he gave me the thumbs up and i gave him 2 thumbs up.

Race 2: Goin to my girlfriends house on Interstate 4, Im crusin about 90 (thats where my powerband is with the new exhaust, used to be at 80) And this mercadies is right behind me. A brand new one. Im not a mercadies tech and i dont have a diploma on them, so i couldnt tell you what the name of it means but i know that it was one of the 5 or whatever they liter v8s AMG. He started flashin his brights and ridin my tail im liek wtf. I slowed down to 75 to piss him off. He came up along side of me and I rode the top of 3rd to 4th and we went all the way up to 120 before we stopped. And you know what. With all his 5 liters and 2 extra cylinders... in all 15 seconds or whatever it was from 75 to 120, He got 1 car length on me. Now I consider that a damn win for a 15 year old tiney 2.5 liter engine. Oh yea, we got off at the same off ramp and he looked pissed. I waved to him.

3rd Race: Goin home from Gfs house i sees a bright lights commin reaaally fast on me. Im goin a real easy70 or something like that. And hes just zoomin. Its was a 2nd gen eclipse spyder (convertable) crusin at 90. Now it couldnt have been a normal eclipse like a gs or whatever cause they top out at 100-110. But we raced 4 or 5 times. I kept playin with him. I walked him all the way up to 138 and every time he kept accellerating so it was apparently a GST spyder (turbo). We raced out of the toll booths and i walked him there too... It was odd. I cant figure it out cause my friends 1st gen eclipse TSI can beat the crap out of me. Ah well It was a nice win.

I just wish that my exhaust attracted more ricers and less cars that can actually beat me like mustangs and firebirds. (though i have beaten a couple mid 90s mustangs)

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>
Diplomacy is saying &quot;nice doggy&quot; until you find a rock.</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 08:05 PM
5th Gear Member

the///man is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont want to be a spelling nazi or anything but its mercedes not mercadies haha. what kind of car do you have by the way?
#3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Fox

(Thread Starter)
1988 325 IS

<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Fox</span></span> <span style='color:gray'>the Pirate</span>

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, and for those 23 or more seconds I'm free.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:47 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
...about the 1st and 2nd gen eclipse.

so does ur friend have a talon or a eclipse. talon is TSI (AWD for all wheel drive) and eclipse is GS (or GSX for all wheel drive).

i can tell you why your friend can beat the crap out of you every time. my dad owns a 90 talon tsi awd (1st gen). It is a 2liter turbo/intercooled engine + little weight.... all wheel drive. stock 0-60 : 6.3 seconds

and plus talon can get up to 90+ in 3rd...

#5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Fox

(Thread Starter)
Yea well I know what talons are. I know all about dsms I used to be a DSM man myself. I sold my friend that talon and i helped him work on it. He just sold it 2 days ago. We had it running on 19 lbs of boost using a supra intercooler. Thats why he would beat me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales