BMW Werkz banner

my 92 325i vs gsr powered civic

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Torque 
#1 ·
I know it is nothing to brag about but I never get any good races so I thought I would share the 2 I had today!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well today I beat a GSR powered 4 dr civic on gsr wheels, intake, exhaust, header..(his dad is my bosses lawyer thats how i know whats in it) and a old skool cavalier z24..
I must say the cavalier unexpectedly surpeised me out of the two races. I won't go into my writing mode as much on this one
Here goes nothin....

So I go to pick up my friend who is in town from Memphis, we're crusin to some Twista, when I glance ahead at the light and spot this 92-95 red 4 dr. civic that has been to the shop on a couple occasions...I weasel my way through traffic and pass him, and on the outskirts of Jacksonville I decide to hammer down and see what she can do...Man it's been so long since I have been above 100 mph in my bmw and I forgot how smooth it is after 100...Seems that the car runs best at speeds above 85 mph, I guess so since it was built for the Autobahn. Anyway----I look behind me and see the civic working its way through the traffic back in the distance..I slow up to about 50-55 mph and downshift waiting for him, he speeds up attempting to pass so I floor it and take all of third gear and let him see all of whats left of fourth and finally get into 5th, by this time I am around 115-125 mph, scary shit...Yeah I see him way back there. He catches up when I slow down and yells "man we're gonna go to jail!", I nod in unison with him agreeing to that statement. We get to the light and my brakes are smoking, he makes a wisecrack and says "yeah there was a little smoke coming out of your pipe too", HAHA funny, I still smoked his ass thats all that matters...

Then after we meddle around Anniston/Oxford I take him home in Jacksonville, cruising down Pelham Rd. I pat the dash praising the car for doing well today when I see this teal colored older z24 Cavalier with a ricey ass wing and some wheels on it..He gets next to me and lets me hear what some nasty ass no muffler sounding exhaust sounds like...I'm thinking to myself "this is gonna be hella fun showing him whats up", im in 2nd gear and cruise up to his side and jerk the wheel to my left and slip the clutch and grab 2nd gear hard as hell and let him hear that, then the 18 wheeler in front of him runs the yellow light leaving us as the 2 front cars at the light by Winn Dixie in Jacksonville...Sitting there we playfully revved back and forth as I recall the high school days of when I used to race people at this very same spot, can't lose this time. Well I didn't want to dump the clutch off the line, the car had already seen speeds in excess of 100 mph today so he tore off the line and I did a baby launch..Very surprisingly he got the jump on me and stayed a few feet in front of me till I hit my higher rpm's and once in 2nd gear I steadily pulled on him and eventually into 3rd gear passed him..It was amazing how long it took me to pull on him and eventually after I passed him I hit the brakes, signaling that I was done...I guess some of those older cavvys have potential, or maybe its just that my car is slow? Another day, another kill,the car held well, and I am out on that note!

See less See more
#4 ·
when i was sixteen i got my first speeding ticket in my exstepmothers older z24. it was pretty fun to drive back then. oh god i just remembered her horrifying customized plates...KP SMYLIN!

#5 ·
so i thought you weren't going into story mode? i hate to see what you consider story mode :p

anyways, nce kills

#11 ·
OOOO i have cupholders :D Except someitmes shifting to second i will bump my drink :pissed2 Always scared its going to tip over

#13 ·
The cup holders in the E36s suck any way. Or I think that's what they call the holes in next to the hand brake. The only thing that fits in there is the FATASS sized drinks with the little bottoms and the huge tops. Or for places like Tacohell that don't have a FATASS size then their ginormous drink fits in there. But a can nor 20oz coke will fit in the damn thing...

#19 ·
Also, we sell Vtec upgrades for all vehicles for only $2.99 + S/H. You do not even have to specify your vehicle. It is the best upgrade, and it is well worth your money.

Customer review:
"Well torque0, I have been using your "Vtec in a Sec" product for over 3 months now and I am completely satisfied. You do not feel anything while driving it, but others around you feel the improved power of that uber-beast Honda Civic DX Automatic. Thank you."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.