BMW Werkz banner

my 1984 325E ate a Civic

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  KMracing 
#1 ·
I have recently purchased an old BMW 3235E 1984 model. And this souped up Honda Civic SI pulled right pass me and cut me off when I wasn't even racing. So I moved a head of him with the flow of traffic, and he did the samething again. So this time I got mad at the next red light we were lined up. I didn't even stare at him. We started on 1st gear, and 1st gear isnt' that strong so he passed me by like 2 car lengths. (I believe the 2nd gear on my car has the most torque). I shifted to second, and caught up to him. (my car redlines at 4500 rpm kidna low). and shifted to third and I was gone. I saw a red light so I started engine braking. And we did the same thing again, and then I ate him again the same way. When I was going 80 km/h. I still had my foot on the gas pedal on 3rd gear. I stuck the clutch in and out (yes I know that burns my clutch). And he was around another half a car lengh behind. And after I was on fourth and fifth doing 150 he couldn't catch up.

Overall, this is my first BMW. Although it's an old model and it has a few problems like my valves needs to be readjusted cause it's ticking like crazy. It still moves really fast. And I'm really impressed with it's performance and handling. Well it's not much of a kill story, but I hope that shows that guy that these old Bimmers are not gutless and can take on a HONDA SI any day.

#4 ·
Congrats on the car! Next time you pull up to a light next to that Civic rev real high, then when the light turns green make a nice, slow, right turn as you watch it go flying into the distance. Alone. That really ticks them off!

G
#6 ·
yea I do that a lot with my parent's civic. Rev high so the cars next to me thinks I'm racing. And when the lights changes I just take off normally and I see them burning their tires gunning their cars. It's worth a few laughs.

#9 ·
Good stuff man, somethin about your car... its a low down torque monster. It may not have a high redline but it has very tall gears and the torque to back it up. Longer pulls in each gear will get you ahead of anybody. Even 3rd gear is pretty strong pull gear. I had a toss up between my car and a 325es (yes they made like 10 of them apparently) Tough desicion but i went with IS because of condition. Good luck with that valve ticking. If you could explain it better i could help maybe.

#10 ·
hey fox, you could contact me on ICQ #33952619 or e-mail me at williamlu@rogers.com

and we could talk things out

but my problem is that the valves in my car ticks. And it ticks louder as you accelerating. I heard from 2 mechanics that the valves needs to be adjusted, and that will get rid of the noise. This car also needs a tune up. But being a student i'm really short on cash. So I'm going to have to keep on driving with the valvles ticking like that. Hope that doesn't damage anything. Thanks in advance.

#11 ·
this reminds me of a time where i owned a volvo... Hahahahahah it was funny... The volvo pulls up to the red im at... he takes revs his pos and takes off... i take off late cuz i really didnt care and i passed right by him at only 40mph then i let off at like 50 and to make him think he won i slammed on the brakes at 50 and he passed me... I gotta try that rev n run that sounds like funny shit...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.