Mustang Of Unknown Origin. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
7th Gear (SMG)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4evrwyntr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 4evrwyntr Send a message via MSN to 4evrwyntr Send a message via Yahoo to 4evrwyntr
(Thread Starter)
Written on 4/16, the night it occurred (cue spooky music)
Okay, I must admit, I try not to stoplight race. As fun as it is, it essentially does nothing but endanger people and destroy tires. Any non-course "racing" (since I have not done any on course racing, this would mean essentially all racing) that I have done usually consists of 80-90+ (usually in the 100's) maneuvers that should have killed me a long time ago.
With that disclaimer aside...
I was westbound on I-58, in the left turn lane to get onto a frontage road that would lead to the large, 10-lane 290 going south. As I waited at the light with my girlfriend, We tried to keep each other awake via idle chit chat. It was about 1:00am, and there were few cars on the road.
As we waited for the lights to turn green, a black mustang convertible of the unknown variety (previous to the current model year) pissed itself through the intersection, headed in my future direction. I took note of its unusually clear sound and timbre - this vehicle was well taken care of unlike most (no offense) mustangs.
Anyway. Light turned green and I made a quick left to catch up to the perty black car (not a big fan of the mustang, but it does look good in black). I wanted to see if it was a GT or a cobra.
It turns out that I ended up pulling up to it at a stoplight.
They looked at me. I looked at them.
Green.
I shifted conservatively; as I could not identify the mustang I didn't know what to expect. I leapt ahead in first, and kept my RPMS n the 2700-5300 range. 1st gear we tied. 2nd gear I pulled ahead, and I heard them shift a bit later than me, behind me with a tire squeal (they must have been pulling well into their torque - some new wheels and tighter suspension could help that yah?). By their 3rd gear and 2nd consecutive tire squeal, it looked like the ground that I had gained was abuot to be lost. At around 72 (estimate) mph, they passed me. They blinked and I acknowledged their victory as we pulled up to the intersection leading onto the 40mph entrance ramp. I pulled into the left lane next to a waiting car in the right lane. They pulled in behind me.
I thought that was that, and I figured it must have been a mustang GT; maybe modded - probably not.
Light greened. I eased into gear and the guy behind me flashed his brights and revved. Oh. I downshifted from second back into first and he moved to pass me.
The onramp loomed ahead.
Okay, I gave the mustang his pie earlier. He beat me on the straight. I wasn't going to let him have the curves too. So I floored it, hitting 6000 (My bad, I was aiming for 5500, but in my excitement from my earlier loss... Oh hell) and pouring it into the onramp. The guy's front axle reached my rear as he was on my right, and then the onramp was upon us.
Without flinching I kept myself floored, even shifting to third. My gf told me they had a look in their eyes that said I was crazy, and she leaned over to take a look at the speedometer.
I pulled out of the onramp and hit the highway doing 120 (Do not do this! There was traffic! I am stupid! ARG! But I showed that mustang... pride's going to kill me), and I looked into the rearview mirrors ... the mustang wasn't even halfway up the ramp.
Later my gf said I had pulled maybe 105 on the ramp, I contested it was probably 100. I've never taken a ramp that steep before at that speed, but the car told me it could do faster. How? I don't know. I was making it go as fast it could at the time... but it was nice to get that feeling anyway.
Anyway, point of the story short - yah, mr. mustang, you got me on the straight. But you will never, ever even come close to getting me on the curve.

Crap, I think I may be a yuppie...
1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 08:51 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
cool, u coulda probably beat it on the straight tho!!

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:03 AM
n00b

hugoboss is an unknown quantity at this point
ill run your M3 in a turn and in the stright. so quit talking shit. i have herd about enouf stang bashing on this forum
#4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 12:04 AM
n00b

yeah i also live about 1.5hours north of you so any time you want to meet up im gamejust PM me or something
#5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 AM
7th Gear (SMG)

Send a message via AIM to 4evrwyntr Send a message via MSN to 4evrwyntr Send a message via Yahoo to 4evrwyntr
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by hugoboss@Apr 20 2005, 12:03 AM
ill run your M3 in a turn and in the stright. so quit talking shit. i have herd about enouf stang bashing on this forum
yeah i also live about 1.5hours north of you so any time you want to meet up im gamejust PM me or something
[snapback]335230[/snapback]
Uh? What? I wasn't talking shit. If you can read, it says above that "I had acknowledged defeat in the straight."(not an exact quote). And I think it also says something about respecting american muscle cars, but I'm not going to go over that because you probably didn't/couldn't read that either.
Oh, and I'm north of where I live all the time (round lake), so if you want to run some curves and be spanked, so be it.
Unless you own a new Mustang gt500 where Ford actually paid attention to steering and not just muscle, there is absolutely no way you could beat me on a curve (unless I took it in reverse). I've personally witnessed mustangs lose it to dodge neons on the autox. Badly. So "I'll(sic) run your M3 in a turn and (sic) the straight(sic)." Just doesn't apply here. Until you get a mustang gt500.
So if you really want to smash your car into a tree because you thought you could take that turn at 90 mph, be my guest.

1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
#6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Cellardoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cellardoor
Quote:
Originally posted by hugoboss@Apr 20 2005, 01:03 AM
[snapback]335228[/snapback]

deep breaths hugo i didnt see any disrespect. Its a simple fact that most muscle cars will be beat in the curves, its just not what they were built for. 99% of the time a muscle car will b beat in curves by a BMW unless the muscle car has had some seriouse suspension work done to it. that being said...... cant we all just get along?

-Hutch-

<span style='color:red'>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body. But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totaly work out, loudly proclaiming &quot;Wow! What a ride!!&quot;.</span>

<span style='color:blue'>If life passes you by......downshift</span>
#7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 AM
7th Gear (SMG)

(Thread Starter)
surreously. I feel drained today by all the arguing...
That being said, my previous post in this thread - now THAT's talking crap. But that's okay, right? It was warranted.
Speaking of which, HAVE you heard of the mustang gt500? Am I getting that right? The one they let Shelby drive? The one that actually handles? Sick car. I hope these newer american cars (against hope) can regain their former glory.
I hijacked my own thread.

1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
#8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:47 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by 4evrwyntr+Apr 20 2005, 07:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4evrwyntr @ Apr 20 2005, 07:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hugoboss@Apr 20 2005, 12:03 AM
Uh? What? I wasn't talking shit. If you can read, it says above that "I had acknowledged defeat in the straight."(not an exact quote). And I think it also says something about respecting american muscle cars, but I'm not going to go over that because you probably didn't/couldn't read that either.
Oh, and I'm north of where I live all the time (round lake), so if you want to run some curves and be spanked, so be it.
Unless you own a new Mustang gt500 where Ford actually paid attention to steering and not just muscle, there is absolutely no way you could beat me on a curve (unless I took it in reverse). I've personally witnessed mustangs lose it to dodge neons on the autox. Badly. So "I'll(sic) run your M3 in a turn and (sic) the straight(sic)." Just doesn't apply here. Until you get a mustang gt500.
So if you really want to smash your car into a tree because you thought you could take that turn at 90 mph, be my guest.
[snapback]335301[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

well i just took a M3 at autoX this weekend. and have you ever herd of maximum motorsports. let me just say road race. search that name then give me a PM
#9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 10:52 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by 4evrwyntr@Apr 20 2005, 09:40 AM
surreously. I feel drained today by all the arguing...
That being said, my previous post in this thread - now THAT's talking crap. But that's okay, right? It was warranted.
Speaking of which, HAVE you heard of the mustang gt500? Am I getting that right? The one they let Shelby drive? The one that actually handles? Sick car. I hope these newer american cars (against hope) can regain their former glory.
[snapback]335372[/snapback]
actuly the shelby stang is the one that is made for the strights. the svt cobra is going to be made to handle. still a nice car thow.

and the only reason i am getting pissed is cause he said a stang will never stay with his M3. witch almost none of them will, but im not your average stang guy my car will out handle his M3
#10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 11:05 AM
1st Gear Member

The Deuce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hugoboss+Apr 20 2005, 11:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hugoboss @ Apr 20 2005, 11:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-4evrwyntr@Apr 20 2005, 09:40 AM
surreously.* I feel drained today by all the arguing...
That being said, my previous post in this thread - now THAT's talking crap.* But that's okay, right?* It was warranted.
Speaking of which, HAVE you heard of the mustang gt500?* Am I getting that right?* The one they let Shelby drive?* The one that actually handles?* Sick car.* I hope these newer american cars (against hope) can regain their former glory.
actuly the shelby stang is the one that is made for the strights. the svt cobra is going to be made to handle. still a nice car thow.

and the only reason i am getting pissed is cause he said a stang will never stay with his M3. witch almost none of them will, but im not your average stang guy my car will out handle his M3
[snapback]335381[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

You really are a moron, aren't you? The GT500 is the new Cobra. Pull your head out and stop making Mustang guys look bad.

2002 BMW 530i
1997 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Honda VFR 750 (For Sale)
1964.5 Ford Mustang
#11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2005, 11:10 AM
7th Gear (SMG)

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Cellardoor+Apr 20 2005, 09:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cellardoor @ Apr 20 2005, 09:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>deep breaths hugo i didnt see any disrespect. Its a simple fact that most muscle cars will be beat in the curves, its just not what they were built for. 99% of the time a muscle car will b beat in curves by a BMW unless the muscle car has had some seriouse suspension work done to it. that being said...... cant we all just get along?
-Hutch-
[snapback]335322[/snapback]
[/b]

... That being said...
<!--QuoteBegin-hugoboss
@Apr 20 2005, 10:52 AM
[/quote]
Well, I was referring to a stock mustang to a stock m3. My m3 is not autox ready... All assumptions are out the window with mods - but that's the point of mods, isn't it? Speaking of which, what have you done that makes your car more than the average mustang?

1998 BMW e36 M3 Sedan
2003 MINI Cooper
#12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:46 AM
n00b

Quote:
Speaking of which, what have you done that makes your car more than the average mustang?
well just to list the main mods. i converted it to a torque arm with panhard bar, control arms, H&R race springs, replaced all bushings with poly, and alot of frame stiffining. pluse about 300whp. pluse menny menny more
#13 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 AM
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce+Apr 20 2005, 10:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Deuce @ Apr 20 2005, 10:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by hugoboss@Apr 20 2005, 11:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-4evrwyntr
Quote:
@Apr 20 2005, 09:40 AM
surreously.* I feel drained today by all the arguing...
That being said, my previous post in this thread - now THAT's talking crap.* But that's okay, right?* It was warranted.
Speaking of which, HAVE you heard of the mustang gt500?* Am I getting that right?* The one they let Shelby drive?* The one that actually handles?* Sick car.* I hope these newer american cars (against hope) can regain their former glory.

You really are a moron, aren't you? The GT500 is the new Cobra. Pull your head out and stop making Mustang guys look bad.
[snapback]335387[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]

you are a retard the shelby cobra is not the svt, svt is going with the "king cobra" yeah its a gay ass name, it not releasted yet dum shit. stick to you krout ass hole
#14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hugoboss+Apr 20 2005, 11:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hugoboss @ Apr 20 2005, 11:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by 4evrwyntr@Apr 20 2005, 07:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-hugoboss
Quote:
@Apr 20 2005, 12:03 AM

[snapback]335301[/snapback]
well i just took a M3 at autoX this weekend. and have you ever herd of maximum motorsports. let me just say road race. search that name then give me a PM
[snapback]335377[/snapback]
[/b][/quote]
took a m3 at autox ? maybe because the guy was a moron at driving... they dont class mustang 5.0s in the same class as 6 cylinder 3600+ lbs 5 series bmws for no reason....

#15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 PM
1st Gear Member

The Deuce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hugoboss@Apr 23 2005, 12:49 PM

you are a retard the shelby cobra is not the svt, svt is going with the "king cobra" yeah its a gay ass name, it not releasted yet dum shit. stick to you krout ass hole
[snapback]336843[/snapback]
Please show me ANYWHERE that supports this purposterous claim.

The only time the "King Cobra" name was ever used was for the wimpy ass 302 they put in the Mustang II with the big snake decal on the hood.

Just because I called you on your ignorance, you don't need to start making shit up to make Ford guys look even worse.

2002 BMW 530i
1997 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Honda VFR 750 (For Sale)
1964.5 Ford Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales