BMW Werkz banner

Late model Corvette

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
I have an 04 M3 and have been wanting to test my ride out on a vette. Well I found out the late model vettes perform well enough you can not mess up and still pull away. It was a little strange. The first time I rounded a corner and was already in 2nd gear "SMG" when I nailed it I pulled away about 2 cars on him and then he stayed right there. Then we stoped and this is where I messed up. I though I would let him see first gear. Naturally I had the traction control disabled. Keep in mind it was about 26 degrees so the tires were a little hard. We both nailed it, my tires broke loose bad hit the rev limiter so I grabed second about the time the engine lit back up. That little mistake, Ok not so little a mistake. Caused us to run dead even up to about 75. Then had to break. He gave me a thumbs up and turned off. Cars this close in performance will keep you on your game. I wonder had I left the traction control on? But that wouldn't be any fun.

Will "The Thrill"

#2 ·
well from my experience the traction control is more of a hindrance. since it chops throttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.