Jappa Cars Are Quick - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rmxpete is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
This is my first post for weeks,(been really busy) so sorry if I'm a bit rusty!,
I went with my mate with the EVO 4 to buy a CR 250 the other day "motocross bike" and all the way there he was gloating about how fucken fust his car is and that it can go as fast in a straight line as a holdon 280kw and a holdon R8, both 5.7l V8 corvette engines, now I have beaten my mate in a real race in the BMW you know a race with corners in it, so he told me that If I went down to his road in the middle of know where, where all these locals race from the begining of the road to where the famer takes his cows accross "the road is ruff there" I would have to do better than 155km'h to beat him the 280kw holdon done 160km, so I decided to go for a drive one day and check the sene out for myself when there was no one around "ofcoarse", and I pulled of a disapointing 145km'h I started thinking how much full of shit he was that his car was THAT much quicker than mine espically when I measered it out and it was only 300meters!!!, thinkg very depressed I came home backed my oldmans porsche 911 out and went to try again with my brother, well I launched about 5rpm and to my suprise "I thought I was used to the power" the fucken thing just done a stand still!, I changed to second while skidding of coarse as soon as I put the clutch in it stopped skidding and it was like starting off in second gear, So I absoultly fucken caned its ass out and I was alittle dissapointed until I hit 3rd! Well I tapped third and just changed to 4th as I was crossing the 300m mark looked down I was goin just under 175km, I was happy enough not to do another run!

Just imagine if I had a proper start "I may off been able to pull of close to 190km"he he he you HAVE to love the germans, hmmm I do. I mean the car's.

Just a little friendly info, ofcoarse you guys would know this but someone may find it interesting? porsche built a leman's car "917" in the early 70's it went so fast at the time it could beat fomula 1 cars around the track and in the right conditions it still can, it had to 3.2lBsixs mated together for a whopping 1100BHP a top "track" speed recored was set at just over 400km'h!!!! at the time that was close to 100km'h faster that a fomula 1 car on the same track, it weight was 800kgs and it was so quick around corners it used to make people pass out from the "G" force!

Man I want one, well gotta run nice talking to you all again.
Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 04:25 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
nice

#3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear Member

mmclaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Do u mean Holden?? wat was it a monaro?? hsv clubsport/equipe? they do have big 280kw v8 5.8 litres but they are a cheapily built car, and the r8 is a low end ss, and i dont think they punch out 280 its around the 240 but anyway, fo there value they are unbeatable, a hsv is the same price as a 318i :P here in australia
#4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2005, 03:51 AM
1st Gear Member

rmxpete is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Yea sorry didn't know I miss spelt "holden", they have both had extensive work done on them! the R8 for a start "I'm pretty sure its an R8 is a six speed and has alot spent on it not to mention the $90,000 he spent buying it! the other holden has the 280kw engine but is an older HSV clubsport, and again that has had ALOT of money spent on it to get where it is, including $4000 breaks.

I know you can buy just a Sv8 here for about 40-50 depeneding on what mods, damn cheap for V8 power if you ask me, but hey you are right anout one thing they are pretty cheaply made, not much desighn went into them?,

the guy with the R8,"might double check that" wants to give me a race in the porsche as he thinks that he'll beat the shit out of me, as I said to him you may have the power but you are carrying practically two of me!

The guy with the older HSV was saying to me one day, "both guys are best mates" he was coming back from town (all straight roads) when a M3 came up behind him pretty fast, he reckoned that he punched it down a couple of gears and pulled away from this M3, when he decided to slow down "thinking finger has been burt why carry on" when about 5km later he thought the M3 must off taken hm close to 220-230km'h and he tryed to catch up, as they entered a 75km corner "which is also a bridge" he reckon the M3 MUST of been still doin 190km'h and as he said the holden even with massive amounts spent on the suspension and other upgrades was just starting to let go at 140km'h round the same corner, he told me then, "I know I have a fast car, I know some peolple may even idleise it, but I have got to get one of those"! I'll never forget that, I think he has though.

ps we only have 5.7l holdens here? they go all the way up to the GTS HSV which is 300kw can get a 295kw version "don't ask what is differant"? can get 280kw clubsport, 260kw ss, think the Sv8 is about 220? and Sv6 190kw. all sorts of models damn cheap for what they are! think I would personally go for a Ba falcon though GT modle with the 290kw or XR6 turbo and pump more boost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales