I punked a V-8 Firebird - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
I punked a V-8 Firebird

A little background here. I got my car last year in January. My friend has a blue V-8 Firebird. Since I've had this car, he's always been talking shit about his car and how he wants to see what my car has compared to his. The first week I had it he challenged me to a drag race, I was like WTF, you have over 2x the engine, HP, and torque I do, but I will if you go to an auto-x with me I'll drag race you (he's a wimp behind the wheel)... His response was priceless "I am not saying I am a better driver than yous, but I am saying that my car is better than yours". Well that car did not help him tonight.

We were driving to the same location about 20 mins away, both with 2 other ppl in the car (lots of weight for a 318i, not really for him). My favorite road in Jackson was on route, and he was on my ass as we got to it. So I put the hammer down and got into the twisties, not as fast as I can do it (the riders in my car had never ridden with me, didn't want to scare them... too bad), I look back and he's waaaaay back (just 4 corners each one slower/tighter than then previous, followed by a turn that merges with a 4 lane each direction road). The 4 lane road was nice and straight, lights every 1/2 mile or 3/4 of a mile. Figured he was going to stomp me from every light (its an auto, but still the power difference). He was scared at every light. He though that I killed him through the short twisties that I had a chance of beating him from a stand still going straight. Needless to say, it is hilarious. He clearly knows nothing at all about cars.

Just to clarify it is not a knock against the car, but against him. I don't want people coming saying "you coulnd't beat a V-8 firebird". I know that is the case with any other driver.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2006, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
LYFE SUCK5

Car: 2008 Infiniti G35
Photos:
Ivan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant futureIvan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
i love how people think because a car is faster in a straight line than another that it's automatically better. so i guess even though your car is better than his in pretty much every other conceivable way he still thinks his is better because it's faster in a straight line? ha.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car: 1997 Infiniti I30
Photos:
KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
i love how people think because a car is faster in a straight line than another that it's automatically better. so i guess even though your car is better than his in pretty much every other conceivable way he still thinks his is better because it's faster in a straight line? ha.

oh I know....especially those muscle cars....there's alot of them out there with pretty big, powerful engines, and off the line they would beat alot of european cars, but you get in the winding roads and a european would take any muscle car.

On that subject...my friend that works at the local BMW dealer tried to argue that BMW's have horrible handling the other day?! I think it was partially just to argue (he's like that sometimes), but his argument was that BMW has some of the worst handling in the auto industry......chew on that one for awhile ha....we argued for a few minutes on it before I realized that if he really thought this that strongly then he was a lost cause. Yet he still drools over M's about as much as I do....hmmm
KSE36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales