And I guess I'll post a non BMW related kill - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Halon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Halon Send a message via MSN to Halon Send a message via Yahoo to Halon
Wow, this was actually like one and a half months ago, but i'm just in the spirit to do a write up on it now.

Ok, well I had been borrowing my moms truck to do some moving the night of the race, and I was definatly pretty tired - but I do remember all the details. My ride; a 1996 Chevy Cheyanne v6 model with a 5 speed. My opponent; a t-tops NA mk3 Toyota Supra (1989 style?). Well I rolled up to this light slowly, and I didn't think anything of it, because the light was red, and there was a motorcycle in front of the supra. So I'm just relaxed and watching, when all of the sudden the motorcycle rider looks back at the guy in the supra, nods or something, and then peals out into the red light. Well I think that is pretty stupid, so I turn over and start to ask the driver if his friend is dumb, or color-blind perhaps - but alas, he seems to be SO IN THE ZONE that he isn't even holding the wheel. He is reclined in his chair with his arms crossed and won't even look at me. (wtf?). So I decide not to say anything, and get ready to go. I slowly wind the motor up to about 1800 rpm's and the light goes green. I completely dump off of the clutch and then spin maybe one rotation before I catch grip and go. Glancing over just at the tip of first gear I can see we're really close, so I drop it into second very quickly and think that maybe I'll start to pull - but no, we're still head and head. There isn't an apparent difference until the top of third gear when my top end starts to dissapear (Truck speedo pegs at 100 )
so he's up to his passenger door at my nose when we shut down because of traffic ahed (including his dumb motorcycle friend.) I look over agian even just to give him a thumbs up, but he's still sitting there, and lo and be-freaking-hold, he's in his car driving with his arms crossed again. So I just start to pull away again and just get away from him.

All and all, it was just a crazy night. haha.
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
Sweet One night in Jacksonville I was side next to a Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo. THe stop light race was dead even like the cars were glued at the doors!

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
komodo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, haha. I was in my 328i once sitting beside a stock civic at a red light and when we went we were side by side..... oh wait, no we weren't. :P
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales