Hmm... guess I'll post my first kill. - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Halon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Halon Send a message via MSN to Halon Send a message via Yahoo to Halon
(Thread Starter)
Well anyhow, I was going home from my parents house, who live on the other end of town a few weeks ago, and it was pretty late at night, probally like 10:30 or 11 at the latest, when I turn from the freeway (well, new circle... but its two lanes 55 mph...) onto nicholasville Rd. Now of course I'm sure that is useless to alot of you, but nicholasville is a pretty wide road, being a main one where I live. Four lanes wide, that kind of stuff. Anyhow, when I get off, nicholasville is pretty empty, and thats cool - I like to speed when its like that. Well coming up to the first light after getting on nicholasville I dip into an empty position and sit paitiently at first, and after a few seconds on my left rolls up a -beautiful- STI. (Now I bet you're frothing at the mouth to raise the BS flag here, but hold on punks... damn, let a brother finish! >: / ) and I start to eye his car, I mean its the sonic blue, its just so beautiful looking. I try to avoid eye contact so that it doesn't look like a -blatent- race invitation, and when I do glance up he is looking at me - kind of tense situation, I don't want to offer my head up to this guy for no reason, so I just smile and look away. Suddenly my ears are assulted by the stomach wrenching sound of an ugly dodge Stealth rolling up on my passenger side (or -right- side for those of you who noticed I put the STI on my left. ) So yeah. He has a fart can, I can hear already, and its hurting my brain, even at idle - but I know the STI can hear it too. The tension is pretty thick now for sure though, I get the impression there will be a race for sure, and I'm definatly in the center of it by now, but should I go? or just watch? Well the light turns green and I decide i'll just launch normally and see what happens. Big suprise, the dodge picks up and spins his tires (the front ones, ewwwwww.) in what is one of the most exaggerated traction issues I've ever seen and then rockets off, but suprisingly the STI keeps a cool pace with me, and we just go to the next light. Anyhow, I'm now behind the Dodge stealth, who weaved in front of me to keep a first lane position and the STI is in his lane still - lined up with the Stealth. So now the Dodge is revving at the STI all over the place, which is odd, because by this point I'm almost certian its an auto... Maybe I'm wrong, but at this point I notice there is not a single badge on the back of his car. Well, the dodge one, but nothing to imply a higher grade stealth... non turbo low end FWD car in the mid 3000's? So I decide that when they inevetably race, I'll race from behind the stealth. Ugh. Bad decision. So the light takes what seems like -forever- to turn green, and true to game the Stealth trys to take off, and the STI is already up by like 1.2 carlengths (whee, aproximate estimations? Just for fun. ) so anyhow, behind the stealth I hammer first gear from like 2000 RPM's, and my car lurches forwards - and to my own paniced suprise I almost rear end the stealth. I back off for a second and think maybe he'll kick it up in second, so I ride him close to second and then hit it again... and almost rear end him -again-. At this point I'm too frustrated to keep trying to go with him, so I just follow and zip around him in the now gigantic hole that the STI has created, and either at his turn, or ashamed the stealth gets off nicholasville at wilson downy. (hmm.) So at this point I'm lined up at my turn (hey, the STI is turning too!) with... blah, the STI. And at this point I -know- we're going to race, haha. So the light turns green, and we both make our turn. My mistake! I should have ran first gear up, but instead I go the meiser way and shift into second to save gas and then try to go from second in like 1500 rpms. ugh. My car bogs, and he smokes me. I don't think I would have had a chance anyhow, but -man-, i got -smoked-, haha. When I got back up next to him he gave me a nod and I was glad to have a fun run agianst these people. Now I wanna take some cars in the twisties... but there aren't many of them around here. blah. Sorry about the long write-up. Enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:27 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
dam bro...thats alot of writing....nice kill.

I hate those fuckers with these big ass exhausts that think they are bad ass with there crappy cars.

whats ur hp for a 85?

I got like 134 or something stock
plus a chip

#3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

Tochenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tochenzo
lol good story, it was nice reading it

Tony

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673
1998 Hellrot 328i
#4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
nice kill and death.

#5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 09:40 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

komodo is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish I was there that night. I wouldn't mind seeing that 300hp turbocharged beast in action.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 06:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Halon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Halon Send a message via MSN to Halon Send a message via Yahoo to Halon
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Numark318i@Aug 22 2004, 06:07 PM
dam bro...thats alot of writing....nice kill.

I hate those fuckers with these big ass exhausts that think they are bad ass with there crappy cars.

whats ur hp for a 85?

I got like 134 or something stock
plus a chip
like 100, or 101. same numbers for torque. But its all transfered to the road by my heavy duty clutchmasters stage ONE replacement clutch kit. So I wasn't slipping through any gear. >: D

(As if slipping would matter agianst the sti...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales