BMW Werkz banner

Had my court date today for my speeding ticket

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  xsperf 
#1 ·
I had my court date today for my ticket I got going 19 over a few months ago. My main concern was keeping it away from my insurance.

The result:

I got zero points on my license (a relief), and it's not going to the insurance company (also a relief)..... but I have a $150 fine and 20 hours of community service. Then I have to memorize this quote (and recite it in front of everyone in the court room when I go back in like a month), and write a 500 word essay on "choices", derived from the quote. Here is a scan pic of the essay assignment the judge gave me.

I guess I got out all right, but I've never heard of a judge assigning homework for a speeding ticket before.... :blink: lol

#2 ·
that is absolutely retarded.. first of all, since u already got ur things down, cant u just make an totally horrible essay up? and, for 150 bux u could have payed a lawyer and he would do everythng for u and u would just ignore it all..

then again, make it 200 and u can bribe the DA.. lol jk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.