Had the drive of my life today!! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 10:02 PM
WOT in Reverse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
(Thread Starter)
No big deal for most you rich guys, but a friend of mine bought a 2003 745i, and has been asking me all kind of questions about it.

Today, I went to his house, and to my suprise, he threw me the key and said, "Let's go for a drive." I nervously said ok, and he said, "NO, I want you to DRIVE it, I want to see what this thing will do."

All I can say, is I've had sexual encounters that were not nearly as exciting! BMW is now desinging cars that can satisfy men in a way I thought not possible.

It was soooo fast. He told me to get on the Interstate and go, I did, I punched it, looked down at the speedo and the needle was passing 110mph and climbing fast, the engine didn't sound the least bit stressed! I COULDN"T BELIEVE IT!

We hit a rural road I know well and attempted to scare the shit out of him. I couldn't even get the rear end to break loose. It is such a driver's car.

All in all, it was an amazing afternoon that only you guys could appreciate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
glad you had fun.

#3 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:10 PM
4th Gear Member

bimmer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bimmer_boy
haha, nice

it's suprising that a big car like the 7 series is so agile and speedy

BLACK 1995 BMW E36 325i
<u>Dinan</u> Performance Software - SOLD!
High-flow intake w/ Green Performance Filter
17 x 8.5 BMW Style 44 Rims
<u>Pirelli</u> P6 tires 235/45/17
M3 Spoiler
Clear Tail Lights, Corners, and Side markers
20% Tint all around
Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs
<u>Alpine</u> 9831 MP3/CD Player
#4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:59 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
sounds like fun man...wish i could have expirenced it, cause it sounds sweet

#5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 08:43 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute lwebb12 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to lwebb12 Send a message via Yahoo to lwebb12
nice

Member 150+ MPH club
Member of the 3-Pedal club
Memebr BMW FORUMS V1 CLUB
JL Audio 13W7 in W7 pro wedge box powered by JL Audio 1000/1 slash series amp. JL Audio RBC. V1 hardwired.
Euro First Aid Kit, warning triangle, and fire extinguisher. Euro Storage bin Mod. UUC Stage III lightweight flywheel/clutch.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 09:28 PM

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
where does your friend live? I would be glad to scare the shit outta him with his car.... by scare the shit outta him I mean when he walks out side and doesn't see his car....

Nice drive... I wish I get that lucky one day. Closest thing I've had to that was with my friends vette. I was taken it easy on it and on the way back he was like "why are you going so slow?" I was like "WTF why didn't you tell me this earlier!!" So I got to have fun for the remaining 5 mins on the way back... but coulda had fun the whole time....
#7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 10:14 PM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by thekid@May 8 2004, 09:08 PM
Nice drive... I wish I get that lucky one day. Closest thing I've had to that was with my friends vette. I was taken it easy on it and on the way back he was like "why are you going so slow?" I was like "WTF why didn't you tell me this earlier!!" So I got to have fun for the remaining 5 mins on the way back... but coulda had fun the whole time....
Nice...I don't really care for vettes, but if I had the chance to show a redneck how to drive theirs, i certainly would!!!

#8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 10:55 PM

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by jllphan+May 8 2004, 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jllphan @ May 8 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thekid@May 8 2004, 09:08 PM
Nice...I don't really care for vettes, but if I had the chance to show a redneck how to drive theirs, i certainly would!!! [/b][/quote]
I wouldn't ever buy one... I'd much rather have an M3 and smoke every vette I see while 3 friends in my M3 wave good by to it. But when it's some one elses car and they let you have fun in it, it's pretty cool regardless of what kinda car it is. The vette handled pretty good, but it should with how low and stiff the suspension is. The V-8 Made some good power, but I wouldn't ever get one. I would have much rather have driven the 745i
#9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
745i's are beastes dude, the 2000's 740i's were also fuckin monsters, so I can only imagine what the 745i can do, that sounds like so much fun.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:57 PM

oh and wtf are you talking about? HOW COULD YOU NOT BREAK THAT BACK END LOOSE??? Seems like it really wouldn't be all that hard... obviously you weren't trying hard enough... that means that I'll be making a trip to show you how it's done....um... so...yeah....just send me directions and I'll come by....
#11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 01:52 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
maybe he forgot to turn traction contol off or something... i would break that thing loose in 2 seconds and do donuts the whole day if i need to.

#12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 03:14 AM
WOT in Reverse

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by thekid@May 8 2004, 11:37 PM
oh and wtf are you talking about? HOW COULD YOU NOT BREAK THAT BACK END LOOSE??? Seems like it really wouldn't be all that hard... obviously you weren't trying hard enough... that means that I'll be making a trip to show you how it's done....um... so...yeah....just send me directions and I'll come by....
Actually the DSC was not on, but there was little else i was able to negotiate. I got a ruff idea of the idrive, but there is a rediculous amount of electronics in the car.

As far as breaking the muther loose, it's not as easy as you might think. My last car was a rediculously balanced car (Porsche 951-50/50 weight), and I could throw her ass through the twisties like it was nothing. Trust me, i live to drift...

This car has power, little oversteer if any, and wrapped in 19's with z-rated shoes, it was not easy to do.

It was the passenger's $80K car though......

#13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 02:30 PM

did you try a shift lock to get the rear end moving?
#14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 09:40 AM
WOT in Reverse

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by thekid@May 9 2004, 02:10 PM
did you try a shift lock to get the rear end moving?
A. It wasn't a manual
B. Using the little tiny, teenie column mounted shifter was difficult to learn standing stiil much less at speed.
C. Like i said, the passenger was with me, or I might have gone to such a manever (if I could figure out how to downshift the damn thing)

Good idea though...

#15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 04:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

RetroSpek is an unknown quantity at this point
thekid - you cant smoke a vette with an m3

<a href='http://www.RetroSpek.com' target='_blank'>RetroSpek Website - Retro Vintage Everything</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales