Guess I Was Feeling Cocky - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:42 AM
For Teh Walrus?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
(Thread Starter)
Ok so it's not super exciting but it's the first time I really got away with it.

So I'm going home around 1:30am on an empty two lane highway, mostly straight. I'm making time so my speed is between 90-100mph (which is much faster than my normal speed down this road). On the left side of the road there's this big truck with his warning lights on. I think nothing of it and just continue driving. But as I pass him the cop comes into view, outside the car and heading back to it. *downshift* Whaaaaaaaaaa, since my exhaust is so loud he could probably hear me until I went over the far hill. So about 15 minutes later after I've slowed down to about 70 I crest a hill and see a set of light go over the rise far behind me. Who else could it be? So by the time I get to where the highway goes four lanes I've downshifted until I reached 55 (didn't want him seeing me braking). He catches up quick and is sitting close in the lane to my left just behind me. I'm just thinking to myself he's waiting because there's no way he got radar on me. After following me for about 5 minutes he pulls off. I breathe a sigh of relief and decide I'm going to maintain 55. about 2 minutes up the road I pass another cop sitting in the median, blacked out. He pulls out and follows me for about a minute, nothing. So once he pulled off I hit 100 again and took my exit :nana . It's not a kill, but I thought it was pretty funny.

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
I hate that crap. Cops that just sit on your tail to mess with you. It's like playing turkey and waiting for the other guy to flinch. You can't do ANYTHING when that cop is there. I always get that heart in the throat thing when I get surprised by a cop, but (knock on wood) haven't gotten pulled over in ... oh, about 5 years. Yes!!
I have to be careful now, after driving the autobahn for six months. 60 mph is positively CRAWLING!! My wife says she notices the difference in my driving. I used to be the turtle, she was the maniac with her hair on fire. We've switched roles.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#3 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 03:55 PM
68th gear and shifting

superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about superdeadman has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to superdeadman
haha i love messing with cops
this one time i'm driving during the day on a highway
4 lanes
completely empty
i'm in a left going by speed limit
i see a cop catching up to me
usually, people will move out of the way, but no, not me!
i completely ignore him and keep on driving, even slowed down a bit, so now i'm below speed limit
after like a minute of sitting on my ass, the cop goes into the right lane, speeds up, and as he was passing me, he looked at me and shook his head in dissapointment

hahah
love cops!

but hate state troopers

member and partial creator of the Pimpin' The Auto club
Quote:
m20 pwr: "oh yeah baby, pour some acid on my penis"

R.I.P. fast 6
"drive hard
keep it clean
and most of all have fun driving"
#4 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 12:24 AM
4th Gear Member

WardJ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WardJ Send a message via MSN to WardJ Send a message via Yahoo to WardJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsbeaker
I hate that crap. Cops that just sit on your tail to mess with you. It's like playing turkey and waiting for the other guy to flinch.
i'm sorry i know this thread is like three months old but it's like playing CHICKEN. CHICKEN. NOT TURKEY.

'85 325e
'Arrest Me Red'
mods to come:
Window Tint
New Badges - Check!
Muffler - Check! - Ansa free flow
New Radio
Sport Shocks - Bilstein
Keyless Entry + Alarm - BMW Security Systems
Power Flow Intake

THE founding member of "i don't hate on del"
#5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Teh Peetsa Gai

ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, just came back from Europe. They don't have chickens there....
so it's "playing turkey" there.

'86 325es (TURTL3): PJ peetsa hawler
'87 535is (BADWATER): almost done... really.
'86 325e (GRN HLL): DD/show/rocket
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
#6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 02:19 PM
For Teh Walrus?

WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold WALSRU is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to WALSRU Send a message via MSN to WALSRU
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardJ
i'm sorry i know this thread is like three months old but it's like playing CHICKEN. CHICKEN. NOT TURKEY.
No need to apologize. Who could resist bumping a thread this good?

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

1980 635csi Euro . . . Current
1985 535i . . . Soon to be parted out
2001 Subaru Forester . . . DD
#7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Neutral Member

KSE36M3 is on a distinguished road
great one haha....yea isn't there a limit to how long they can follow you if you're not doing anything? Had a cop follow me on my bumper one night after he saw my friend and I doing circles around a McDonald's just for kicks and giggles. He pulled off after about a block and left me alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales