BMW Werkz banner

first win in the bmw!

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  hang 10 
#1 ·
Well I was at lunch today and was on my way home to eat when i see this jackass in like a 1987 camaro z28 start weaving in and out of traffic cutting people off really close and it just so happened he took the same turn i did to get on the other highway...Well i shift down and this time i let my car tach out pretty high rather than shifting betwee 3-4k rpms...Man does it make a difference! We stopped at the light and he was 2 cars in front of me, well i weaved through traffic without cutting people off and then caught up to him..When he realized what I was doing he tried to downshift and take off but I was already in 3rd passing him...He did stay like about 1 car length behind me, but when speeds reached 120+ he was nowhere to be found! Then when i decided to let him pass he went ahead and really cut off a ARMY Hummer...If i was them I would have ran his ass off the road! Then when i applied my brakes pretty hard I almost wondered if my car was ever going to stop! My brakes were pretty spongy, guess it will have to get fixed this weekend when i put some new pads on! BTW, is my car supposed to beat a older z28? Or could his just have been ragged out? I wanna know how my car stands to his...

#3 ·
well see, my other race on the highway with an 01 eclipse gt the other day i was shifting around 3-4 k because i wasn't paying attention to the tach, i was going by the sound and thus i got beat, well this time i paid attention and shifted around 5-51/2k and it made alot of difference!!

#5 ·
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@Jun 26 2003, 06:59 AM
dude, its not a race unless you take it to the max ( i guess 5k is high enough, but take it to the redline to get EVEFY ounce of power out), but great kill! :thumbs :thumbs
when i drive hard i usually shift at 5k instead of at redline too.

good job at putting that american piece of crap in its place B)

#7 ·
Scareface where are the pic of your car????

I wanna see those 19's

#8 ·
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 26 2003, 06:45 PM
Scareface where are the pic of your car????

I wanna see those 19's
dude i have been trying to get my mother in law's digi cam so i can get some pics on here! I will try to have some up before the weekend...Man right after I bought my wheels from the dude i know who has an e46 he went out and got some 19 inch axis super mesh! they almost made me faint damn they look so awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.