first kill in the jetta - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Messican

Car: 2000 2.3 Z3
Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MiguelACA
first kill in the jetta

i had my first kill in the jetta tonight

as im going to pick up my gf from work, i get to a light and this civic pulls up next to me, he looks at me and the car, and revs at me, i look at his car and see gauges on his pillar, im thinking hmm...maybe it IS boosted, then again, maybe it isnt, i rev back at him, and the light turns green, we floor it...i pull off in front of hime right away (these suckers are quick off the line) i reached about 90 before i backed off, poor civic was about 4 car lenghts back....

A morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness
MiguelACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 95 Dakar Yellow M3, 00 1.8T VW GTI
Photos:
PrInG has a spectacular aura aboutPrInG has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to PrInG
hmmm sounds like a legit kill.. go eat some fried rice now haha

TO HONOR: Get Honor Stay Honor if You Can't Come in Her Come Honor.

"its not banana yellow but its not golden its just that perfect creamy german goodness"

- Bow
PrInG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Messican

Photos:
MiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond reputeMiguelACA has a reputation beyond repute
actually, i had chinese food today, lol

Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 2004 ZHP 6SPD
Photos:
bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond reputebimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
chinese food before you kill a ricer ftw!

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Nice kill!
I had a guy in a brand new Impala try to play last night. He pulled up pretty agressively to a light (dual turning lane), i was on the inside lane, he revved...
Light turns green, my non-LSD spinning a tire like crazy, but I still kicked his ass through the corner. Only about 100m down the street it got twisty, the Impala was pushing hard, i had the windows down(yes it has been that nice here lately) and his motor was screaming. I glanced in the rear-view to see a very determined look on his face, teh twisties got really tight for 2 corners and my right foot was heavy...No Impala was going to run me down! After the second tight corner, I checked again to see where he was and could jsut see his headlights coming around as I was well into the throttle and exiting the corner.
Eat e30, Impala!

I know, I know...it might not be all that exciting to roast an Impala for some of you, but it was sure gratifying. Not to mention the look he gave me as he rolled up beside me at the next light!:lol:

MiguelACA - Sorry for hijackin' your thread!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
kman is an unknown quantity at this point
nice kill guys

b5.5 passat 1.8t gls
e24 635 csi
kman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Yo Mike, what are the hp/trq numbers on the Jetta?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Messican

Photos:
HP: 174 @ 5800 RPM
Torque: 181 @ 3200 RPM

i cant wait to start doing stuff to the engine, too bad mines an auto , i cant complain about the comfort of having an auto thou, it just gets boring when i try to speed...lol

Last edited by MiguelACA; 01-04-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
/Banned

Car: Audi
Photos:
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelACA
HP: 174 @ 5800 RPM
Torque: 181 @ 3200 RPM

i cant wait to start doing stuff to the engine, too bad mines an auto , i cant complain about the comfort of having an auto thou, it just gets boring when i try to speed...lol

wat engine do u have in there again, do u have the 18T or the v6.
preyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Messican

Photos:
vr6

Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Crazy Fabricatin' Admin

Car: '87 325es M50tu Swapped
Photos:
gotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond reputegotKRAUT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to gotKRAUT Send a message via MSN to gotKRAUT Send a message via Yahoo to gotKRAUT
12v VR6 shoulda opted for the later 200hp 24v VR6 which came out i think the next year, or year after :P

kekekekeke (^_^)

1995 BMW 540i/6:
The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*
E34 Plate Filler Wanted!
gotKRAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Messican

Photos:
yea i know, didnt come out until 2002.5

Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
/Banned

Photos:
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelACA
yea i know, didnt come out until 2002.5

I thought they stopped making the 12v in 1997, cuz the audi a4's 1996-1997 had the 12v v6 engines. after those years there were only 30 valve engines.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
drz
Administrator

Car: zhp
Photos:
drz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond reputedrz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^^ They probably just started using their better engines on their audis, and let those with vdubs pwn themselves.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
/Banned

Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
^^ They probably just started using their better engines on their audis, and let those with vdubs pwn themselves.
I think they did that cuz if the customers are spending less money buying the jetta and getting a faster or equivalent performance of the audi. so they just let the jettas and passats have the 12v engines till 2002.5, so they cant be superior than the audi. The audis in 2002 came out with 3.0 engine so they just fit the 30v engine in the jettas and passats, still less power compared to the 3.0's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales