Fastest I've Ever Gone - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BMW@JMU is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I was down at VIR last weekend with my school's motorsports club. While there I was flagging and trying to get a ride. The whole time I was there, there was this e46 M3 that was just flying around everything else on the track. It looked like it was on rails. So I finally talk to the driver and all he's done to it is coilovers and some wide R-compound tires. I ask him for a ride and he said yes! We went out on the track and it was the most extreme experience ever. He hit turns so hard and the stock braking was incredible. We ended up hitting 145mph on the back straight and that's because he ran our of revs in fourth and didn't shift until the next turn...he said he was taking it easy because his tires were almost gone from the whole weekend. Anyways, the only car that could hang with us was a GT3. The driver said that he was beating the GT3 when his tires were better.

INSANE!!!!

I'll post a pic once it gets hosted

-1985 325e - 5000 RPM's of Fury
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute Slvr e39 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
cool!

Dinan Stg 2 Phoenix Yellow M3
#3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
nice, ihad Carl McGinn(used to race for Mercedes) gimme a ride inhis E36 M3 with just some upgraded springs, when i would think that he would brake, he'd just upshift and give it more gas, we would hit the inside red/white bumper deals and go on two wheels, then he would just laught, damn that was insane, we did 136 on straight at BUttonwillow, which is hella fast for that straight.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Neutral Member

POWER///M is an unknown quantity at this point
nice!
#5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Neutral Member

BMW@JMU is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by spiff325is@Feb 21 2005, 09:53 PM
nice, ihad Carl McGinn(used to race for Mercedes) gimme a ride inhis E36 M3 with just some upgraded springs, when i would think that he would brake, he'd just upshift and give it more gas, we would hit the inside red/white bumper deals and go on two wheels, then he would just laught, damn that was insane, we did 136 on straight at BUttonwillow, which is hella fast for that straight.
[snapback]296646[/snapback]
Its amazing what some people can do with a car.

-1985 325e - 5000 RPM's of Fury
#6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 03:02 AM
5th Gear Member

BeelZibub is an unknown quantity at this point
You people are lucky that you have things like Auto/motorsport clubs at school/college, I wish we'd had one when I was at school, but it's just something that we don't have over here.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 05:50 AM
PMB
1st Gear Member

PMB is an unknown quantity at this point
Unlucky, but that is nanny state Britain for you. In the IOM we have several race courses and one track that you can pay to use. The courses are on normal roads and include the infamous 37.73 mile per lap TT course. Still where you see the "no limit" sign it literally means no limit. Yes you can go as fast as you want (or dare). Certain government ministers want a max. limit but the people do not.

Jeremy Clarkson just bought a house. Top Gear Island?

Cheers

Quote:
Originally posted by BeelZibub@Feb 22 2005, 09:02 AM
You people are lucky that you have things like Auto/motorsport clubs at school/college, I wish we'd had one when I was at school, but it's just something that we don't have over here.
[snapback]296887[/snapback]
#8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
the TT course, i remember seeing some Motorcycle race on Speedvision, wow, TT course = so amazing... Id love to drive on any road with no limit, that would be SO AMAZING, mainly because it would relieve the stress of the police(obviously), even though i drive the canyons and such without a limit( )

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales