E30 ftw - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:42 AM
W00T

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
(Thread Starter)
E30 ftw

So i have lowered the e30 318, put brembo rotors and hawk pads all around, changed most of the bushings, new fluids in everything, short shift kit, magna flow exhaust (to get rid of that horrible stock exhaust note), TMS chip, z3 rack swap, new cooling system, LSD(although thats stock), new subframe poly bushings. Its had a lot of work and my god is it fun to drive...even though its slightly under powered at times.

anyway..was coming home and did a few stops from higher speeds just to see how she felt. Its amazing to me how you dont realize how fast you are going until you try to stop. I mean...im certain my car stops better then any of our other cars, but still I guess i had a moment of clarity and realized how dangerous it is to be going at higher speeds on public roads.

Just something to keep in mind. Thought i would share my "realization". not that i didn't know before. Ive put myself in some sticky situations and learned my lesson, but just with my overall driving style, a track might be better. And im sure im not the only one.

anyway...motor on.

that is all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 AM
5th Gear Member

denyo77 is on a distinguished road
Garage
the Brembos are good, eh?

#3 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
3rd Gear Member

Nick_318is is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nick_318is
^They are the same as the oem rotors(ate), i'm guessing the hawk pads would help though, are they HPS?

I have been driving my 318 non stop the last 2 months becasue I have to put it away for winter within a week or two, it is a great little car and Chris I highly recomend the sway bars it adds even more go cart ability. Now if I could get about 200hp out of this thing it would be a complete blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma View Post
If I wanted to date you, I would have bought you dinner first.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_318is View Post
^They are the same as the oem rotors(ate), i'm guessing the hawk pads would help though, are they HPS?

I have been driving my 318 non stop the last 2 months becasue I have to put it away for winter within a week or two, it is a great little car and Chris I highly recomend the sway bars it adds even more go cart ability. Now if I could get about 200hp out of this thing it would be a complete blast.
oh they are drilled.(should have gotten slotted though..i know)

yea motor swap is a goal for the future. and I think ill do sway bars in the summer, especially if it adds to the go kart-ness

#5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 02:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

Nick_318is is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nick_318is
I really think that the only advantage that drilled rotors are going to add come in a hard driving situation where the brakes will get very warm and they can assist in cooling, in everyday driving I wouldn't expect to see any advantages except maybe for cracked discs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammahamma View Post
If I wanted to date you, I would have bought you dinner first.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_318is View Post
I really think that the only advantage that drilled rotors are going to add come in a hard driving situation where the brakes will get very warm and they can assist in cooling, in everyday driving I wouldn't expect to see any advantages except maybe for cracked discs!
I totally agree.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales