E30 325i Vs. ????? - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 06:12 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
vitoal18t is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
I want to get E30 325.....meanwhile I am trying to find out how fast they are in the straight line. I've seen them at AutoX, but never really seen one in action.

Well I beat one driving Jetta 1.8T, but I think the guy just sucked.

From articles I read that they would run 15.7 stock and about 15.4 w/ M3 differential. So I guess with some bolt ons they can break into 14s?

I really want for someone to make a claim that they can smoke my 1.8T Revo chipped Jetta.

Can an all motor E30, (Intake, Exhaust, Cams, Headers, Chip) run high to mid 14s in a 1/4 track.

I am buying E30 regardless, sweet car, but I am just kind of curious how quick they are.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 10:43 PM
5th Gear Member

Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
my friend bimmers aren't the fastest cars in the 1/4, they're made to smoke everyone at handeling and speed.... not of the line

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 03:38 AM
n00b

vitoal18t is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by Rooz@Feb 17 2005, 09:43 PM
my friend bimmers aren't the fastest cars in the 1/4, they're made to smoke everyone at handeling and speed.... not of the line
[snapback]294102[/snapback]

Everybody in the E30 BMW community tells me the same thing. "These cars are not meant for drag racing, but will blast around turns".

I guess E30 suspension can be modified to beat E36 M3 at AutoX and maybe even stock E46 M3.

I guess I'll have to buy one and take to the drag strip to see how fast they are off the line. However, I am sure E30 will be my AutoX car.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 07:55 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
most people will say that the E46 M3 does not handle as well as the e36s.... and personally, i think the E30 M3 Handles the best. As for 325s... i have a modified suspension, and the handleing difference is unbelievable.

For price, you might want to go E36, because the parts are more common for suspension, unless you are going for the E30 M3

#5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 05:52 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by vitoal18t@Feb 17 2005, 05:12 PM
I want to get E30 325.....meanwhile I am trying to find out how fast they are in the straight line. I've seen them at AutoX, but never really seen one in action.

Well I beat one driving Jetta 1.8T, but I think the guy just sucked.

From articles I read that they would run 15.7 stock and about 15.4 w/ M3 differential. So I guess with some bolt ons they can break into 14s?

I really want for someone to make a claim that they can smoke my 1.8T Revo chipped Jetta.

Can an all motor E30, (Intake, Exhaust, Cams, Headers, Chip) run high to mid 14s in a 1/4 track.

I am buying E30 regardless, sweet car, but I am just kind of curious how quick they are.

Thank you!
[snapback]293902[/snapback]
You will never see a BMW "in action" in a straight line. You will however see them "in action" during an auto-x where they will kill just about anything in their classification. If you want something to see "in action" in a straight line then just buy an old crx and drop in a motor from an integra type R and then go and be happy. taking out anything without an M before the name that you run into on the straight streets with traffic lights. You will be a lot happier with the CRX if that is all that you care about.

But since you are planning on getting one any way, I can't see why an all motor E30 wouldn't run high 14's with what you just mentioned if you get good parts and do your research.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

rmxpete is an unknown quantity at this point
One word NOS!!!!
if you want to drag and E30, really you can't beat the power of NOS,
I have seen a 325M on the bottle with all standard head bolts and internals push out nearly," it was either 260-280hp, I can't remember now?" the last I heard from him though he was goin to put a supercharger on it!. it really depends on how hard out you want to make it, as long as you take in the account that E30's love going through head gaskets and there is a possiblity that you will, more oftern if you start changing shit.
I would do to the engine what you said, plus a 2inch pipe and intake, if things aren't that improved I would suggest going to a supercharger!
#7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
in a nutshell, an E30 is a great all around car, but not made for 1/4 mile unless you want to stroke/turbo/ or swap engines..otherwise they are perfect

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales