DINAN 5 vs. 335i; vs. G35 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 04:21 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
(Thread Starter)
DINAN 5 vs. 335i; vs. G35

New Jersey turnpike, 1AM. New 335 comes blazing up behind me, significantly in advance of the speed limit. When he's still a few CL's behind me, I drop it into 3rd at 70mph and catch up to him pretty quickly at 100ish (my 3rd gear goes to 105 with the increased rev limiter). He backs it down to about 75, and obviously wants to go. I stick it in 4th, wanting to see exactly how fast the 335 is, and not really wanting to embarrass the poor guy. I was impressed. He got the jump to about 1.5CL ahead, and I reeled him in fairly slowly until I was 1 CL ahead at 128mph (so says my gps). At that point, we were coming up on traffic, so I slowed down...he didn't, but blinked his hazards once in what I assume was a gesture of affectionate greeting.

40 miles down the road, last year's G35 comes up and wants to play. He didn't quite realize what he was getting into. Pulled even with me (I was in the center lane), nudges forward a couple of times, hits it. I figure what the heck, drop it into 3rd from 75, and am over 2 CL's ahead by the end of 3rd. Stick it in 4th, we do the same thing, except hit it at basically the same time. He made a total of 4 tries, all rather painful from his point of view. Then we just played cat and mouse with no real traffic for the next 20 miles, so at least he wasn't a sore loser.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

1995 E38 740i. Highly modded. Faster than you.

Sold 2-28-07: 1997 E36 M3/4, 8-30-05 RIP 1997 528i

Lindsay fan club member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 AM
4th Gear Member

bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute bimmerguy82 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to bimmerguy82
Nice double kill. who was a better challenge? 335i or g35?

BMWcrazy

|AA stage 1 software| UUC light flywheel and clutch| UUC EVO 3 ssk | K&N Intake | Ebay Headers |

BMWCCA member#407674

Founding member of the hit 145 mph in my almost stock 325i BMW club.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of Teh Prof has much to be proud of
(Thread Starter)
335 hands down.

1999 E39 540i/6-VF Stage 1 S/C, Dinan exhaust, Dinan strut+shock braces, Dinan ltwt flywheel + clutch, Dinan Brembo BBK, Dinan monoball, H&R Springs, Koni Yellows, M5 sways, Dinan forged 18" wheels, &c.

Lindsay fan club member.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
nice.
i don't condone road racing, but if someone is askin' for it and i happen to be in a supercharged 540, well.....

#5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 AM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Talking Mwah-ha-ha-ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
New Jersey turnpike, 1AM. New 335 comes blazing up behind me, significantly in advance of the speed limit. When he's still a few CL's behind me, I drop it into 3rd at 70mph and catch up to him pretty quickly at 100ish (my 3rd gear goes to 105 with the increased rev limiter). He backs it down to about 75, and obviously wants to go. I stick it in 4th, wanting to see exactly how fast the 335 is, and not really wanting to embarrass the poor guy. I was impressed. He got the jump to about 1.5CL ahead, and I reeled him in fairly slowly until I was 1 CL ahead at 128mph (so says my gps). At that point, we were coming up on traffic, so I slowed down...he didn't, but blinked his hazards once in what I assume was a gesture of affectionate greeting.

40 miles down the road, last year's G35 comes up and wants to play. He didn't quite realize what he was getting into. Pulled even with me (I was in the center lane), nudges forward a couple of times, hits it. I figure what the heck, drop it into 3rd from 75, and am over 2 CL's ahead by the end of 3rd. Stick it in 4th, we do the same thing, except hit it at basically the same time. He made a total of 4 tries, all rather painful from his point of view. Then we just played cat and mouse with no real traffic for the next 20 miles, so at least he wasn't a sore loser.
N- you know already how staisfying this story is - on just soo many levels. And you don't even drive a complete "sleeper" as the Dinan 5 markings are there for him to see as he approaches. The VF S/C is another story. I generally prefer not to smoke other Bimmers if they play nice, but it sounds like you were just oh so right on it here. Also, the G35 thing, and the victory over the Japanese car makes it all the sweeter!

I too occasionally go mad with power, especially when someone is a dick or comes to get ME (which, Z3 and shiny rims a flyin' I am often cat-nip - not always a good thing, like when you're tired and just wanna go home, are taking it easy, then POW - brights up your ass...then...unleash the power!)

Anyway - glad you are settling into the tri-state area my mighty friend, and hope the little old lady is a watchin' yo baby during the week...

FUN STORY, just watch for the fuzz or morons on the road...

Talk soon bro'. Praise be to the 5!

2008 ///M5 with Eisenmann race exhaust "Athena"
2013 VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan 2L Turbo
RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
RIP 2002 Z3 Roadster 2.5i - VF Supercharged, 5-speed, Brembos etc.
Turkey ///M Car Fleet Commander
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 03:03 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness
Anyway - glad you are settling into the tri-state area my mighty friend, and hope the little old lady is a watchin' yo baby during the week...

FUN STORY, just watch for the fuzz or morons on the road...

Talk soon bro'. Praise be to the 5!
Thanks for the nice post.

There's no little old lady, and no baby.

I'm more worried about morons than the fuzz. I was not pleased that the 335 continued at 100+ among lots of traffic.

Lindsay fan club member.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
g35 sedan or coupe?
#8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I am Teh Edumacator.

(Thread Starter)
I don't remember. If I had to guess, I'd say sedan.

Lindsay fan club member.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
Does a racer with a kid in a car seat in the back qualify as a moron? Well with a kid in the car period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
Does a racer with a kid in a car seat in the back qualify as a moron? Well with a kid in the car period.
Yes.

I do, however, get warm fuzzy feelings every time I see an M5 with a carseat.

Lindsay fan club member.
#11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 03:28 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of RoadsterMadness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
I do, however, get warm fuzzy feelings every time I see an M5 with a carseat.
And let us say, AMEN! Sure beats the SUV, and also preps your child for the proper G-forces they will face during the rest of their Bimmer lives...

RIP 2005 Dinan ///M3 S3-R+ Vert w/hardtop- 6-speed, DINAN SC - race kit, race headers, etc.
TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 05:56 PM
1st Gear Member

1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough 1LOBOSS will become famous soon enough
I am a huge fan of street racing. Just the thought of killing some innocent motorist makes me warm and fuzzy all over. I'm sure street racers can come up with a thousand excuses for doing it but here's a thought, go to a track near you soon.

I am a jolly green giant in the land of little people
#13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LOBOSS
I am a huge fan of street racing. Just the thought of killing some innocent motorist makes me warm and fuzzy all over.
Well good! I'm glad I could help you feel fuzzily self-righteous today. If you enjoyed your experience, please come back for a new installment of righteous indignation tomorrow.

The tip jar will be on the right as you exit the thread. Don't let the door hit you.

Lindsay fan club member.
#14 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:50 PM
A NEW DAY RISES...

^^^^^Um, N, I think he was actually being sarcastic on teh street racing and saying folks SHOULD go to a track, no?

TINA FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
#15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I am Teh Edumacator.

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterMadness
^^^^^Um, N, I think he was actually being sarcastic on teh street racing and saying folks SHOULD go to a track, no?
He was disapproving of my fun, and believes the only fast driving should be done on a closed course.

Lindsay fan club member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales