Destroyed a Calvilier - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Halon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Halon Send a message via MSN to Halon Send a message via Yahoo to Halon
(Thread Starter)
Well I was out driving last night to pick up one of my friends at the emergency room (just a shot.). Well I was on Nicholasville, which is a pretty long straight road, that is about four lanes wide at the widest, and shrinks down to two at the thinnest. Anyhow, at one light I rolled forwards a little and I guess they thought I wanted to play at first, so I take off normally and I hear a little chirp from behind me, and off they go. Well, not having a good start I decided to let it go that time.

Further up the road, I've since passed them, and I decided I wasn't happy with them just getting a cheap run off of me and start to slow down. As it happens, they eventualy catch up, and almost need goading into passing me. Well after they passed a little I shifted down into second (I had to slow down -that- much.), and gun it next to them. That got their attention, right in time for a stop light, which was pretty cool. So sitting at the light, I looked over and the passanger looks over at me, and I look ahed to see the lights, then look back - this time, the driver nods at me, and I nod back (Grinning like a fool also.).

It seems like almost the second I turned my head back to focus the light goes green, so without thinking about it I pull my RPMS up to almost 4500 and dump. Instantly my car kicks out from under me to the left, and struggles for grip and after about 2 or 3 spins I get it. Shooting forwards we both seem to be even through first and second gear, but as soon as I wind it into third, its like he just shifted into reverse. I pass him so fast he either had to have given up, or was driving automatic. Still don't know, but either way, I was satasfied with it. I had to turn off at the hospital pretty quick so we couldn't cruise any and chat it up - but either way, it was a good time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
nice kill.

it's spelled Cavalier I believe.

#3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 09:35 PM
5th Gear Member

catalyst. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to catalyst.
318 ownage

#4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Halon Send a message via MSN to Halon Send a message via Yahoo to Halon
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by catalyst.@Aug 31 2004, 10:15 PM
318 ownage
M10 power. Hold me back, someone HOLD me back. :P
#5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 11:00 PM
3rd Gear Member

Tochenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tochenzo
nice kill B)

Tony

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673
1998 Hellrot 328i
#6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
I'm just surprised anyone in a cavalier even tried

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by witeshark@Sep 1 2004, 01:28 PM
I'm just surprised anyone in a cavalier even tried
Those are the new kids on the block, if you will. Cav's and sunfires. Those things just piss me off though, I think if I had to drive one, I would be so angry with my life. Every day when I woke up, I would move to the first living thing I saw, and kill it.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Stuka is an unknown quantity at this point
My sis just got one not too long ago, and i drove it. Its a stick, and it seems kinda fast in first gear, but then in 2nd, 3rd, and so on it BOGS. they have 140 hp and 150 torque out of their 2.2 litre engines. But a FF car is a poop scooter.

1990 535i 5 Speed +[E.A.T. chip/Powerflow intake/Tri-flo exhaust system/Strut Tower Bar/Smoked Signals/Pioneer Head Unit/Crossfire vr401 amp/12" Crossfire BMF sub/eyebrows/18" alpina replica rims]+

6 cylinders, 5 Speeds, 4 Doors, 3 Pedals, 2 Exhaust Pipes, 1 Ultimate Drving Machine
#9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Threadkiller

bitcore will become famous soon enough bitcore will become famous soon enough
Oh, I thought you were gonna describe how you made the cavileer wreck...
heh.

#10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Neutral Member

typ507 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to typ507
Kick ass!
No mods on that 318 tho? I know the RWD gives a huge advantage but the 318 makes less than 140 horsepower and is fairly heavy. Am I missing something?

1998 328i
[smashed in front bumper] [lethargic 4 speed automatic] [custom pre vandalized paint job] [factory 15" alloys]
<span style='font-family:Arial'> Everybody loves foglights! <span style='color:red'>EVERYBODY </span> </span>
#11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
above 30 cavalier is pretty much like a dead horse trying to pull a load... and thats where bmw shines.

#12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:31 AM
5th Gear Member

d3ity will become famous soon enough d3ity will become famous soon enough
Heh, i'm beginning to love my mid range...valve cover gasket helped alot.

Take your spare tire out! lighten her up a bit!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/TiddlyPlatypus.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>
#13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 01:16 PM
n00b

kpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Torque's comment about a dead horse is about right. "Cavalier" means roughly "horseman" (from Old Latin "cavaliere").
#14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
My 318 is pretty much bone stock. Actualy it makes 100 horsepower, but it isn't very heavy. weighing in at like 2380 LBS. And mine has a few components missing actually... no sterio or cd player... no fog lights... (those biatches are heavy. @_@), and the spare rim in the trunk... lol. I had to take the tire off of it because it almost had a blow-out. So if I get into a situation where I need a spare tire, I'm Up shit creek... lol (knock on wood.) But yeah, as soon as we... well, I, hit 3rd gear it was over for him so damn fast that it was just depressing. I dunno. Blah. I am starting to save up and have my block machined. I want to get some oversize piston action going on... Then from there I'll get some higher comp pistons, new cylinder sleeves, some typical mods... I'm going to see how much power I can wring out of a 1.8 m10. I am sure I can make the car light enough that the mediocre power will be trackable. Anyhow, I'm tired...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales