BMW Werkz banner

Deasil Power!!

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  flying_junk 
#1 ·
So we live in a pretty rural place, the nearest city is about 60km away.
As we are farmers I had to take our tractor up north of this city from our place to get the trailer on the back painted, it took me about 2 hours to drive it there,
a few days later when I came bac I had to go through town to pic some stuff up, so as I'm driving down the highway, "I got some pretty strange looks I have to admit" the tractor and trailer took up just alittle more than one lane wide not much more but the wheels just over hang the line, I got through that part no wories it was when I came up to traffic lights people were really; I don't know? scared I guess? because they were running red lights and shit so they wouldn't be beside me, but not this one guy ohh no, I looked across to hear this toyota hieace van reving his dieasil power at me! so naturally I had to rev mine "mine was much much more impressive" since I have 24 gears I slected about mid range and was set to launch with about 2000rpm "turbos spinning at 1800" now bear in mind I am 12 ton with an 18ton trailer on the bac! he is what 1500kgs?
The light goes green I get an excellent start of the line and pull in my selected gear at about 10km'h he started to take me until I started using my shuttle gears, "there gears like a tiptronic car but operate with just a button" I started to real him bac in when we hit 20km'h. I hit 'F" range these are the road gears, I like to call them the go FAST gears, i started pulling on him all the way to 40km'h my tapp out speed!. we hit the next red as I looked over at him he had a huge smile on his face! :D then he took the next turn.

I don't care what you say:

John Deere kill list- toyota Van 2.7litre deasil. :driving

See less See more
#2 ·
Originally posted by rmxpete@Oct 18 2004, 08:20 AM
So we live in a pretty rural place, the nearest city is about 60km away.
As we are farmers I had to take our tractor up north of this city from our place to get the trailer on the back painted, it took me about 2 hours to drive it there,
a few days later when I came bac I had to go through town to pic some stuff up, so as I'm driving down the highway, "I got some pretty strange looks I have to admit" the tractor and trailer took up just alittle more than one lane wide not much more but the wheels just over hang the line, I got through that part no wories it was when I came up to traffic lights people were really; I don't know? scared I guess? because they were running red lights and shit so they wouldn't be beside me, but not this one guy ohh no, I looked across to hear this toyota hieace van reving his dieasil power at me! so naturally I had to rev mine "mine was much much more impressive" since I have 24 gears I slected about mid range and was set to launch with about 2000rpm "turbos spinning at 1800" now bear in mind I am 12 ton with an 18ton trailer on the bac! he is what 1500kgs?
The light goes green I get an excellent start of the line and pull in my selected gear at about 10km'h he started to take me until I started using my shuttle gears, "there gears like a tiptronic car but operate with just a button" I started to real him bac in when we hit 20km'h. I hit 'F" range these are the road gears, I like to call them the go FAST gears, i started pulling on him all the way to 40km'h my tapp out speed!. we hit the next red as I looked over at him he had a huge smile on his face! :D then he took the next turn.

I don't care what you say:

John Deere kill list- toyota Van 2.7litre deasil. :driving
[snapback]213210[/snapback]​
LOL - Wicked story Country boy - I used to drive tractors for a living (Am originally from Lincolnshire) and the torque on them was amazing, particularly the the JCB tractor which was capable of about 60mph and got there bloody quick.

#3 ·
ha ha ha you raced in a tractor!

#5 ·
that has got to be the first post of someone racing in a tracter on here......and a damn funny first one at that...nice kill

#7 ·
seriously you should get a tractor and mod it! all that torque you could fly witht he right gearing

#8 ·
we've got a new holland tractor at the farm i workk at, its got that crazy button shifting as well, although the top speed is only like 28 mph, so that kinda of sucks, but dam all that mad torq is awesome. I just love driving on the road when i have to haul manure, and there are like 30 cars behind you. Which leads into a diff story, i was hauling manure, but in one of the older tractors, with only a 4 speed manual transmission. So i have the manure spreader behind me with about 9,000 lbs of shit in it. iv got to go haul it down the road, down this steep hill to a field. Usually i haul it up the road, no hill. NO one ever told me that i should be in 4th before i even leave the driveway, so here i am in second going down the hill, well the 9k lbs of shit behind me puts a lot of weight on the tractor, so the tractor is red lined basically, im like shit, i should shift, well the tractor doesnt want to go into 3rd, well now that there is no gear engaged i get some mad speed, and i dont want to loose control so i put here back into second. Rapid deceleration and whooosh, shit goes flying out of the spreader and onto the road, no good, you would think that i would have learned from this, no, i try and put it into third again, failed, put it back into 2nd, woosh, wow i am a dumb ass. so i quickly spread the load on the field and rush back to the farm to get the skid loader to clean off the road, but yeah, cars were flying through the huge piles, im sure they wernt pleased. Luckly we didnt get a call from the cops, but thats my story, little off topic but hey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.