Damn... this is sad - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
I couldn't believe this, but afterwards I found out why. A friend of mine has a 92 ish nissan maxima 6 cly 182 hp. We were driving back from dinner some where. He had 3 ppl total in his car and I had a girl riding with me in mine (1995 318i 5spd) We stop at a light down the street from the turn in to our college. He shifts to neutral and revs. I laugh. I didn't know it was a V-6. Light turn green, I opt to save my clutch and not launch. We're about even on take off after we cleared intersection he was inching ahead. We got up to about 55-60 mph and the turn is coming up. He's not complety past me. He hits breaks I hit breaks and downshift anticipating him to hit the gas right after to get over. Exactly what he thought to do. I got off the breaks when he did and floored again, so I got the last laugh as he missed the turn. Best part I finally found out that my ABS does work! Well 42 hp defficency does kinda hurt, but not too bad given the power difference.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2004, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
suprislingly, my brakes arent that big( I know that), but they actually do good(89 325iS), they are sorta small, both front and back discs, but dont fade and are pretty good. my brakes definetly have an advantage over some other cars.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
i love bmw brakes, but the brake dust is killing me on weekends when i wash my car... those damn 20 spoke or whatever 525 rims. those that got some know my problem
Old 03-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
ghead yeah, my car with the 6 spokes get like no brake dust. My moms E36 318i convertible has these ton of spoke rims, its a b*tch to clean.

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadkiller

Car:
Photos:
bitcore will become famous soon enoughbitcore will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to bitcore Send a message via AIM to bitcore Send a message via MSN to bitcore
Hell they are so hard to clean, I end up leaving cleaning solvent on there too long and it eats the damn paint off down to the primer, I need to re-paint and put some wheel-wax on them.

bitcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
didnt wash my car in a while... i think the wheel cleaning business is going to take hours out of this weekend. good thing: back ones dont get nearly as much dust
Old 03-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
'85 318i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '85 318i
BMW brakes rock. they've saved my ass multiple times.

"Only posers die..." - Stevo "SLC Punk!"
'85 318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
At first I thought I was gonna miss the turn as well. We hit the brakes and the accelerated again, he stayed hard on the gas so did I so he couldn't get over, then once I knew his brakes wouldn't let him make the turn I went on mine basically full. Luckily I had just replaced front pads, still it's a horrible turn because there is a huge dip you can really scrape your car on where the drive way starts... luckily thx to the brakes I avoided that too. So when he got back we were both laughing. Him because he "beat" a BMW in a straight line and me because I was able to out brake him and make him drive 1/4 mile down the street to turn around. All depends on what's most important to you I guess.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
CSL
n00b

Car:
Photos:
CSL is an unknown quantity at this point
I am pretty sure that 92 Maxima would smoke 318I in straight line but 92 maxima is horible in corners, it handles like a boat.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales