Convert Bmw W/rollcage In High Point..... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Car:
Posts: 3
Photos:
drewsrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello all. This is my first post. Last night I raced a convertable BMW, in High Point on 311 last night going towards Winston. The car was like a chamagne color I believe. It was dark so it was hard to see. It had a cage (had the top down) and was pretty low on some, nice 6 spoke wheels. Honestly the car was badass. I've never seen an older Bmer fixed up like that. Well we played around a little here and there and my friends were instigating it as well since I just got my boost controller tuned right a few hours before. We get to the highway and I see him slowing for me a little. I finally make my way up to him and sorta of pace him. I hear him downshift and I do the same. We sit for a moment or so crusing in our selected gears and then he hits it and we're off. I pulled around 4-5 cars until around 110 or so and I let off. I slowed back down to give the guy a thumbs up but he didnt look over. Just wondering if you were on these boards. Im curious to what mods you have. The car was quicker than I thought it would be. Too bad I didnt get a good look at what model it was. All I know is it looked to be around a late 80's model or very early 90's. Im not too familiar with these cars. Anyway good race to whoever you are and very very nice car. That was extremely rare.
__________________
2004 SRT-4
Stage 1, AGP WGA, Greddy Profec B(lo:8psi hi:18psi), MSD coilpack, MSD wires, K&N intake, Psi Fi intercooler, JMB hardpipes w/Greddy type s, MaxxFab 3" 02 housing, 3" test pipe, MaxxFab 3" single exit exhaust, ES motor mount inserts, P&P head, 2.0 liter cams, oversized valves, crane springs.
drewsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-11-2005, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Car:
Posts: 491
Photos:
flying_junk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to flying_junk
i must say it must have been a nice race. seems like u got alot done to ure car. good stuff and
__________________
1992 325i. 5speed.
fun stuff
flying_junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
LandoAWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Car: 1991 Eagle Talon TSi
Posts: 1,579
Photos:
LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by drewsrt@Apr 10 2005, 12:11 PM
Hello all. This is my first post. Last night I raced a convertable BMW, in High Point on 311 last night going towards Winston. The car was like a chamagne color I believe. It was dark so it was hard to see. It had a cage (had the top down) and was pretty low on some, nice 6 spoke wheels. Honestly the car was badass. I've never seen an older Bmer fixed up like that. Well we played around a little here and there and my friends were instigating it as well since I just got my boost controller tuned right a few hours before. We get to the highway and I see him slowing for me a little. I finally make my way up to him and sorta of pace him. I hear him downshift and I do the same. We sit for a moment or so crusing in our selected gears and then he hits it and we're off. I pulled around 4-5 cars until around 110 or so and I let off. I slowed back down to give the guy a thumbs up but he didnt look over. Just wondering if you were on these boards. Im curious to what mods you have. The car was quicker than I thought it would be. Too bad I didnt get a good look at what model it was. All I know is it looked to be around a late 80's model or very early 90's. Im not too familiar with these cars. Anyway good race to whoever you are and very very nice car. That was extremely rare.
[snapback]329434[/snapback]
I saw a 325 in Burlington fitting that description a couple of weeks back, but this seems a little far west for it to be the same guy.

[/useless post]
__________________
LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)
LandoAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Car:
Posts: 3
Photos:
drewsrt is an unknown quantity at this point
It's possible it could be. That is about 45 min from where we were but it still could be. The guy was white with what looked to be dark curly hair as it was a flappin in the breeze lol.
__________________
2004 SRT-4
Stage 1, AGP WGA, Greddy Profec B(lo:8psi hi:18psi), MSD coilpack, MSD wires, K&N intake, Psi Fi intercooler, JMB hardpipes w/Greddy type s, MaxxFab 3" 02 housing, 3" test pipe, MaxxFab 3" single exit exhaust, ES motor mount inserts, P&P head, 2.0 liter cams, oversized valves, crane springs.
drewsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
LandoAWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Car: 1991 Eagle Talon TSi
Posts: 1,579
Photos:
LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by drewsrt@Apr 13 2005, 01:46 AM
It's possible it could be. That is about 45 min from where we were but it still could be. The guy was white with what looked to be dark curly hair as it was a flappin in the breeze lol.
[snapback]331337[/snapback]
Can't say I remember that well. :/
__________________
LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)
LandoAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Threadkiller
 
bitcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: High Point, NC
Car:
Posts: 2,907
Photos:
bitcore will become famous soon enoughbitcore will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to bitcore Send a message via AIM to bitcore Send a message via MSN to bitcore
Holy crap I live right off of 311... near the texico (was a crown) gas station. You guys keep me up at night (at least the ricers with the huge fart cannons do)

heh, you wont see me out there though, in my puny 323 with an auto gearbox.... not that I even want to street race, even if I had a 350+hp. I'd rather do my rotary run and go through the backallys of the rich neighborhoods, I wish they'd re-pave rotary so badly, it's in absolute shambles.

What the fuck am I talking about?
__________________

bitcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member
 
LandoAWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hillsborough, NC
Car: 1991 Eagle Talon TSi
Posts: 1,579
Photos:
LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
I HATE the High Point scene. I'm 25 and STILL nearly get in a fight every time we go, though the last time was months back.
__________________
LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)
LandoAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Greensboro, NC
Car:
Posts: 3
Photos:
drewsrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by LandoAWD@Apr 14 2005, 08:51 AM
I HATE the High Point scene. I'm 25 and STILL nearly get in a fight every time we go, though the last time was months back.
[snapback]332181[/snapback]

Yea sometimes it sucks. I dont go TOO often. I've never had any trouble from anyone but then again I keep to myself and try to only associate with non-dumb asses and my friends.
__________________
2004 SRT-4
Stage 1, AGP WGA, Greddy Profec B(lo:8psi hi:18psi), MSD coilpack, MSD wires, K&N intake, Psi Fi intercooler, JMB hardpipes w/Greddy type s, MaxxFab 3" 02 housing, 3" test pipe, MaxxFab 3" single exit exhaust, ES motor mount inserts, P&P head, 2.0 liter cams, oversized valves, crane springs.
drewsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H&R Cup on an E36 Convertible RJHD3 3-Series (E36) 7 10-19-2005 01:34 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.