Convert Bmw W/rollcage In High Point..... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-10-2005, 12:11 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
drewsrt is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Hello all. This is my first post. Last night I raced a convertable BMW, in High Point on 311 last night going towards Winston. The car was like a chamagne color I believe. It was dark so it was hard to see. It had a cage (had the top down) and was pretty low on some, nice 6 spoke wheels. Honestly the car was badass. I've never seen an older Bmer fixed up like that. Well we played around a little here and there and my friends were instigating it as well since I just got my boost controller tuned right a few hours before. We get to the highway and I see him slowing for me a little. I finally make my way up to him and sorta of pace him. I hear him downshift and I do the same. We sit for a moment or so crusing in our selected gears and then he hits it and we're off. I pulled around 4-5 cars until around 110 or so and I let off. I slowed back down to give the guy a thumbs up but he didnt look over. Just wondering if you were on these boards. Im curious to what mods you have. The car was quicker than I thought it would be. Too bad I didnt get a good look at what model it was. All I know is it looked to be around a late 80's model or very early 90's. Im not too familiar with these cars. Anyway good race to whoever you are and very very nice car. That was extremely rare.

2004 SRT-4
Stage 1, AGP WGA, Greddy Profec B(lo:8psi hi:18psi), MSD coilpack, MSD wires, K&N intake, Psi Fi intercooler, JMB hardpipes w/Greddy type s, MaxxFab 3" 02 housing, 3" test pipe, MaxxFab 3" single exit exhaust, ES motor mount inserts, P&P head, 2.0 liter cams, oversized valves, crane springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear Member

flying_junk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to flying_junk
i must say it must have been a nice race. seems like u got alot done to ure car. good stuff and

1992 325i. 5speed.
fun stuff
#3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 02:21 PM
5th Gear Member

LandoAWD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by drewsrt@Apr 10 2005, 12:11 PM
Hello all. This is my first post. Last night I raced a convertable BMW, in High Point on 311 last night going towards Winston. The car was like a chamagne color I believe. It was dark so it was hard to see. It had a cage (had the top down) and was pretty low on some, nice 6 spoke wheels. Honestly the car was badass. I've never seen an older Bmer fixed up like that. Well we played around a little here and there and my friends were instigating it as well since I just got my boost controller tuned right a few hours before. We get to the highway and I see him slowing for me a little. I finally make my way up to him and sorta of pace him. I hear him downshift and I do the same. We sit for a moment or so crusing in our selected gears and then he hits it and we're off. I pulled around 4-5 cars until around 110 or so and I let off. I slowed back down to give the guy a thumbs up but he didnt look over. Just wondering if you were on these boards. Im curious to what mods you have. The car was quicker than I thought it would be. Too bad I didnt get a good look at what model it was. All I know is it looked to be around a late 80's model or very early 90's. Im not too familiar with these cars. Anyway good race to whoever you are and very very nice car. That was extremely rare.
[snapback]329434[/snapback]
I saw a 325 in Burlington fitting that description a couple of weeks back, but this seems a little far west for it to be the same guy.

[/useless post]

LandoAWD
91 Talon TSi AWD (lightly modded...lol)
#4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 01:46 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
It's possible it could be. That is about 45 min from where we were but it still could be. The guy was white with what looked to be dark curly hair as it was a flappin in the breeze lol.

2004 SRT-4
Stage 1, AGP WGA, Greddy Profec B(lo:8psi hi:18psi), MSD coilpack, MSD wires, K&N intake, Psi Fi intercooler, JMB hardpipes w/Greddy type s, MaxxFab 3" 02 housing, 3" test pipe, MaxxFab 3" single exit exhaust, ES motor mount inserts, P&P head, 2.0 liter cams, oversized valves, crane springs.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 09:02 AM
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by drewsrt@Apr 13 2005, 01:46 AM
It's possible it could be. That is about 45 min from where we were but it still could be. The guy was white with what looked to be dark curly hair as it was a flappin in the breeze lol.
[snapback]331337[/snapback]
Can't say I remember that well. :/

LandoAWD
#6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Threadkiller

bitcore will become famous soon enough bitcore will become famous soon enough
Holy crap I live right off of 311... near the texico (was a crown) gas station. You guys keep me up at night (at least the ricers with the huge fart cannons do)

heh, you wont see me out there though, in my puny 323 with an auto gearbox.... not that I even want to street race, even if I had a 350+hp. I'd rather do my rotary run and go through the backallys of the rich neighborhoods, I wish they'd re-pave rotary so badly, it's in absolute shambles.

What the fuck am I talking about?

#7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
5th Gear Member

I HATE the High Point scene. I'm 25 and STILL nearly get in a fight every time we go, though the last time was months back.

LandoAWD
#8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 12:34 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by LandoAWD@Apr 14 2005, 08:51 AM
I HATE the High Point scene. I'm 25 and STILL nearly get in a fight every time we go, though the last time was months back.
[snapback]332181[/snapback]

Yea sometimes it sucks. I dont go TOO often. I've never had any trouble from anyone but then again I keep to myself and try to only associate with non-dumb asses and my friends.

2004 SRT-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales