Chase Stories - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2004, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car: 00 Prelude, 95 525i, 85 635CSi
Photos:
d3ity will become famous soon enoughd3ity will become famous soon enough
I know you people have run from the man. How bout some stories!
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2004, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

Car: 00 M Coupe
Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
3 total run's, and I have gotten away each time. and each story is too long to type, so I would rather not, plus I think I have already said all mine in previous posts. same with everyone else. lol

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
spiff325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
didnt run

yet.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
well i was going 85 in a 55...saw the cop turn around..turned into side street and took off. Just happend yesterday. Thought my heart was gonig to explode..lol
Old 05-30-2004, 01:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos:
spiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud ofspiff325is has much to be proud of
okay, its 11:44PM right now and I amjust settling down from a recent chase(if you even call it that). I was racing this Nissan Sentra with exhaust, intake, and whatever the hell he had. anyways, I was doing about 130 down this main street and was swerving or whatnot, having fun, and I see this cop just wiz by my right(he was waiting on some street), and im like "SHIT" and just keep the pedal floored and turn of my lights on the main street, there was no one in front of me, and the other guy did the same thing as me, turned off his lightes and such, and after about 1/2 mile, the cop was just starting to get up to speed, and was about 1/2 mile behind me, and we both kept our lights off. after this one little section of the road, you can turn your lights on and the cop behind you wont see(trees and the road curves) and after that curve is Decker or the road that goes near my house, so knowing me, I take decker and the other guy goes right. and I have my lights on ofcourse and take the first mile of decker extremely fast(race speed) and he is no where in site, and I hide behind this odd tree that is sorta hidden in a turn out. and wait for about 10 minutes, no sign of him, and i figured that he didnt really get a good glimpse of my car anyways, cuz the street he was waiting on was very narrow, and he was in a 20 feet, so hee didnt have a huge view, and doing 130 passed a 15 foot wide street, be sorta hard to see, and the other guy was on the inside, so he would have saw the guy I was racing. and so I decided to go back home. came home just fine, though my heart is still pounding, even from an hour ago. bah...man was it scary and fun at the same time. I think running from a cop is the ultimate rush, right next to racing someone that is sorta keeping up with you.

Old 05-30-2004, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
ex owner/admin

Car: turbo e36 325/s50 and e46 330xi
Photos:
Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
once i was speeding past a speed trap, the cop was in my lane waving his arms and motioning me to pull over, but i was going to fast so i hit the throttle and kept going (i changed lanes of course). no way he could have caught me.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
brien4787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brien4787
cant they just review their videotapes from their camera and see your lisence plate number?
Old 05-30-2004, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Threadkiller

Car:
Photos:
bitcore will become famous soon enoughbitcore will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to bitcore Send a message via AIM to bitcore Send a message via MSN to bitcore
Quote:
Originally posted by brien4787@May 30 2004, 09:14 PM
cant they just review their videotapes from their camera and see your lisence plate number?
their camera turns on when their lights turn on, so if they arn't facing your ass (or your front, if you live in the unlucky states) when they turn on the lights and your already hauling ass, then it's all gravy baby...
If they do get you on video, there's a chance they may put you on a list or something. "preorganized highway racing" is I think the same offense as a DUI (in terms of lisence poitns, I'll look at my chart when I get home) They could do something, they might not.

I flew past some people taking a walk last night and parked at my friends house. They cought up, took down my liscence, and said to my friend that tehy were gonna report me. So far, there isn't shit that's happened to me.

bitcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 12:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
next time you see those people tell them Torque wants them to suck it.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Photos:
I never get bitched at for driving by other people, I just flick them off, one time someone tried to follow me(some mom on a volvo), she though she could keep up, LOL! OMG MOST HILARIOUS THING EVER), I stayed far enough ahead so she couldnt see myplates or whaqtever, and enough so she could still see where I was going, I was driving so fast through a narrow street and stuff, so much fun, cuz I knew the area so well, and she was lost in 2 minutes easy(excluding the 5 minutes on main long street which was a bitch, cuz i hate speeding on normal roads during the day, I usually save the speed for nighttime or for the canyons). youll undertstand.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
rmxpete is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, I have a bit of a tale to tell as I was racing, down a country road in my old mans 911, I have a 328 but that was in the garage lukaly!, while I was approching speeds of up to 270-275km (sorry I work in metric ) I came over a brow of a hill and just then a copper came the other way!!! ghead lukily I had enough time to hit the anchers, after the smoke had cleared I was still doing around 160 to 170km as I saw the copper start to chase me I punched third and left him for dead :P I travelled another 5 km before I started to relise that hes probably going to catch me at the next town which is only 3km togo, and I had 200km to get home, Damit! So I pulled over and let him catch me, he arrested me on the spot and only got 6 months with out my licesce, ( New Zealand Laws )as I was in the cop car he said man you were lucky I had 12 cop cars closing in on you, and WHEN we caught you; you would have gone to jail! So I still have 2 months to go till I get my licesce back. But I would suggest that you have a car like james bond or drive like schumarker cause other wise one of these days we will all get caught, So dive SAFTLY and enjoy your BMWS BTW: I got radard for 167km.
rmxpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Photos:
ha, that sucks, but its awesome that the cop wasnt too much of a dick, atleast thats what it sounded like. I think itd be tight to have 3 cops chasing me, and I am just owning them int he canyons(keep in mind, that idealy I have a full tank of gas, and oil level is perfect so I can just own for a long time, and my tires are good), and they cant keep up, and finally after me blowing by 12 road blocks, they catch me because I run out of gas(after 3 hours of heavy canyon driving), and then I get arrested, and they higher me to be a private'detective/undercover' person who works for the FBI and I just drive around and catch other peeps who are speeding in the canyons because the cops suck at driving and need someone like me to catch them. seriously though, if I ever got caught for driving fast in the canyons, I would talk to the chief and tell him my idea, and maybe for me to not go to jail, I would help them for a few years, that would be so f'ing tight. and I wouldnt be able to get tickets, cuz all my speeding would be justified.YES THAT WOULD RULE! lol.

Old 05-31-2004, 03:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
brien4787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brien4787
Quote:
Originally posted by spiff325is@May 31 2004, 03:06 AM
ha, that sucks, but its awesome that the cop wasnt too much of a dick, atleast thats what it sounded like. I think itd be tight to have 3 cops chasing me, and I am just owning them int he canyons(keep in mind, that idealy I have a full tank of gas, and oil level is perfect so I can just own for a long time, and my tires are good), and they cant keep up, and finally after me blowing by 12 road blocks, they catch me because I run out of gas(after 3 hours of heavy canyon driving), and then I get arrested, and they higher me to be a private'detective/undercover' person who works for the FBI and I just drive around and catch other peeps who are speeding in the canyons because the cops suck at driving and need someone like me to catch them. seriously though, if I ever got caught for driving fast in the canyons, I would talk to the chief and tell him my idea, and maybe for me to not go to jail, I would help them for a few years, that would be so f'ing tight. and I wouldnt be able to get tickets, cuz all my speeding would be justified.YES THAT WOULD RULE! lol.
hA, dont count on that. you will probably never get a job for the government or county if you are ever caught driving way the fuck fast. they usually dont hire people who have something on their record. i just hope that i am okay. i have a speeding ticket already (17 years old), but i was just going 65 on a 50. i hate that shit. the cops always get people going 65, but never 90. what the hell?! a friend, mom, and i all got a ticket for going 65 in a small amount of time. it seemed like a week. such shit. we have kids with their new 330cis or m3 or subarus going 90 all the time too.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by rmxpete@May 31 2004, 03:00 AM
hey guys, I have a bit of a tale to tell as I was racing, down a country road in my old mans 911, I have a 328 but that was in the garage lukaly!, while I was approching speeds of up to 270-275km (sorry I work in metric ) I came over a brow of a hill and just then a copper came the other way!!! ghead lukily I had enough time to hit the anchers, after the smoke had cleared I was still doing around 160 to 170km as I saw the copper start to chase me I punched third and left him for dead :P I travelled another 5 km before I started to relise that hes probably going to catch me at the next town which is only 3km togo, and I had 200km to get home, Damit! So I pulled over and let him catch me, he arrested me on the spot and only got 6 months with out my licesce, ( New Zealand Laws )as I was in the cop car he said man you were lucky I had 12 cop cars closing in on you, and WHEN we caught you; you would have gone to jail! So I still have 2 months to go till I get my licesce back. But I would suggest that you have a car like james bond or drive like schumarker cause other wise one of these days we will all get caught, So dive SAFTLY and enjoy your BMWS BTW: I got radard for 167km.
um...

170 km/h is 106.xx mph. you are telling me that you were doing this speed in second ?

BS.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Photos:
Im not gonna throw up a flag yet, unless torque can thoruoughly analyze the situation.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales