To catch you guys up... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
To catch you guys up...

I decided to drive the x3 to work on friday. I only did this because GREEN HELL's windshield was teh frozen, and I didn't feel like messing with it, and because I had to make copies of the bill of sale for my BMW CCA check. Anyways, I got off work and have to take care of a plaque that someone effed up, and I have to pick up my wife, yada yada yada....
I'm sitting in line for a stop sign, and BAM!! someone rear ends me!! I'm like "F&^##*!!!! I look behind me to make sure that I didn't just imagine getting hit because immediately prior to getting hit, I was thinking "eh, I don't know if I would want to drive this every day. I'd be afraid of people bumping into it, door dings, gas mileage sucks for all the short trips I take, etc" So I turn the car off, and get out. The guy behind me is just sitting there with his bumper all the way under mine. I look at the damage, then look at him. I turn to go back to the x3 to get my insurance info... and then turn back "Are you okay?". He's fine, I'm fine. My wife's going to kill me, but it's okay. Cops came, hardly any damage, he got a ticket, when we take it to the dealership, if there's any damage, then I'll make a claim.

THEN Saturday, we're both driving back from a friends' house, and we always like to do the stoplight dragraces. Now, in the whole time that we've been married, she ALWAYS smokes my trash, because she's got the nice NEW vehicle. Hehehe... So we pull up to this light, she's on the left in the x3, I'm on the right in GREEN HELL. We haven't raced these yet.
Green: we take off, and I left her! okay it was about 1-2 car lengths to 50mph Then we hit another light and we do it again. Same thing. I was sooo happy. A chipped eta beat the x3!! muahahahahaaha!
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
+rep haha racing your wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1999 BMW M3
Photos:
crawlermonkey is on a distinguished road
lol this is funny and sad.

Sorry bout the x3 being hit man.

On the other hand I like the understanding you and your wife have about cars. I mean honestly who in here can honestly say thay have raced against their own wife.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
isherdholi will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about the bump dude.

The X3's a big heavy car, What's the engine / hp ?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Teh Peetsa Gai

Car: '86 325es, '87 535is
Photos:
ldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond reputeldsbeaker has a reputation beyond repute
x3 = 3.0l / 225 hp / 4067ish pounds.
GRN HLL = 2.7 / 140? / 3000 lbs MAX

I don't know how much my car weighs exactly, and it's chipped, but base hp is 121. (after 190xxx miles, how much of that am I really going to get?)
To be honest, the 1st-2nd shift in the x3 is garbage. I'm sure heather was giving it the beans as they say, but it just wasn't enough for all that ETA FURY!!
Heather says "You might beat me in 1st and 2nd, but from then on... I'll kick your trash"

Take notes, guys. This is how you know you have a keeper.
'04 x3 3.0i: Wife's Bimmer (manual, woot!)
My BMW Blog
ldsbeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Bacon

Car: '08 Rabbit / E30 325is
Photos:
dannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of lightdannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
she has a sister?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
teh Canuck....eh

Car: '86 E30, baby! '05 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd
Photos:
PhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond reputePhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Shit, I need to find a woman like that! Sorry to hear about the ding though, glad everyone was OK.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Trevize will become famous soon enoughTrevize will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trevize
My wife and I race our M's :-)

MRoaster vs M5. I keep winning tho in the M5. Makes her mad cause she knows her's is quicker.
Trevize is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales