The best drive home EVER! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2004, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
quality

Car: 2001 330i & 2011 550i
Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Whew!!!! I got mixed accidentally up in a bunch or 100+ mph races on my way home tonight!!! check it out in "driving tales".

If you guys live out in NY/ NJ area drive the 1 & 9 South to the Pulasky Skyway at 1 am and you'll see plently of BMWs ready to NOT let you pass them!!! Even an ACURA 3.2TL tried to test me! But my baby took care of that.

ANYWAYS E36 are awesome cars!!!!! After tonight, The best damn car I've ever been in....

Peace out!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The best drive home EVER!-dscn0548.jpg  

Old 09-19-2004, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWGuy325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, but a 6spd trans am or a 5.0 stang could easily spank a 325. Like your excitment tho.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Power Shifting

Car:
Photos:
Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
on a highway, its anyones race... the driver has to be skilled and know the exact dimensions of his car to weave... i've taken plenty of faster cars on the parkway, NO PROBLEM!!!

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Cruzin 323is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Delmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond reputeDelmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by BMWGuy325i@Sep 19 2004, 02:21 AM
Sorry, but a 6spd trans am or a 5.0 stang could easily spank a 325. Like your excitment tho.
What forum is this again?
Am I posting my esthusiams on the Pontiac/Ford Website again? used

ANYWAY....I LOVE MY CAR!!!! Especially after last night when I dusted that ACURA 3.2RL!!!!

and gave both an E36 325i and a 328is a good fight for a few seconds before the 328is dusted us both!!!

(Read about it in the driving tales section)
Attached Thumbnails
The best drive home EVER!-dscn0551.jpg  
Old 09-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Power Shifting

Car:
Photos:
Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
delmarco, what parkway??

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Cruzin 323is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
BMWGuy325i is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that post came off abit to hasty. Did mean it as an attack. ( Probly cause I got in a fight with the gf. ). Anyway I apologize.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
quality

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin 323is@Sep 19 2004, 12:53 PM
delmarco, what parkway??
In New Jersey when you get out the Holland Tunnel you take the 1 & 9 exit on the left side and keep going left. Then take the 1 & 9 south. This becomes an underpass/tunnel for a mile or so (I say underpass because when you drive thru it there are openings on the top of it) and then it becomes this long industrial looking bridge, called the Pulaski Skyway, that arches over a few roads and routes below before descending into the 1 & 9 south again.
I was coming home from the opposite direction going towards the Holland Tunnel at 1 am last night. At that time its pitch black, not alot of cars, the roads are smooth and easy to speed on.

Also if you live in NY a good place to practice your top speed is Jamaica Bay/Gateway Rec/National Park right off the Belt Parkway. There is an old airstrip out there (if you ever see Rap videos with Bikers speeding and stunting it's probably been shot at that location). I'm heading out there later tonight with my cones.

see picture below. It's where I usually take my car.
Attached Thumbnails
The best drive home EVER!-dscn0542.jpg  
Old 09-19-2004, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
nycbmw325is is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Delmarco+Sep 19 2004, 02:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Delmarco @ Sep 19 2004, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cruzin 323is@Sep 19 2004, 12:53 PM
delmarco, what parkway??
In New Jersey when you get out the Holland Tunnel you take the 1 & 9 exit on the left side and keep going left. Then take the 1 & 9 south. This becomes an underpass/tunnel for a mile or so (I say underpass because when you drive thru it there are openings on the top of it) and then it becomes this long industrial looking bridge, called the Pulaski Skyway, that arches over a few roads and routes below before descending into the 1 & 9 south again.
I was coming home from the opposite direction going towards the Holland Tunnel at 1 am last night. At that time its pitch black, not alot of cars, the roads are smooth and easy to speed on.

Also if you live in NY a good place to practice your top speed is Jamaica Bay/Gateway Rec/National Park right off the Belt Parkway. There is an old airstrip out there (if you ever see Rap videos with Bikers speeding and stunting it's probably been shot at that location). I'm heading out there later tonight with my cones.

see picture below. It's where I usually take my car. [/b][/quote]
Delmarco I am giving you this advice Brooklyn boy to Brooklyn boy... I have lived in this area my whole life.. run numerous cars and motorcycles at top speed there, nearly hit a helicopter at 150 mph on my bie there.. and i can tell you becuase i have watched it happen.. DO not do top speed runs there. that is FEDERAL property. the federal parsk police carry glocks, and technically you are trespassing if they say so and they will not only detain you until NYPD comes, but i have seen 15 bikes thrown on a flatbed, doing tons of damage and all riders taken away in cuffs. These boys do not play games.. they can inpound your vehicle in a federal pound and you will not see it for months. Do what you want (god knows i used to LOL) but just giving you a heads up
nycbmw325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Live_the_Curves is an unknown quantity at this point
Man I love my 318i also, this reminds me off the time I followed a Lambourghini Gallardo at 120 mph for 10 mins or so. The guy was steady at 120 so I was also able to stay behind him.
Live_the_Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
W00T

Car: 1991 E30 318i 2008 E92 328i
Photos:
Numark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond reputeNumark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
lol
Old 09-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
5th Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
brien4787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brien4787
mine was better sunday night.... well...i would like to think so...

i was driving home from pomona to south oc, 73 and the 5 freeway south at 12-1am

a guy in a gt mustang wanted to race me, but i didnt want to take off because he would own me...so we both drove at 100 mph for like 20 miles, then he got off the freeway....

then i transfered to the 5 south, passing crevier bmw...

all the sudden a newer 330i zooms past me while i was just crusing at 90.... i pick up my speed to 110, then get up to him...side by side, he kept looking over...then he sped up a little bit, flashed his emergency lights wanting to race....but i just stuck with him and non of us wanted to take off...mostly because i had a 318 and kenw i would get owned....

then he just started halling ass.... i put my pedal all the way down... next thing i know is that i am right on his ass...(i think he slowed down for me )

then i saw my exit coming up, then pedal went down all the way...i passed him, probably because he just wanted to see a 318 goo....then got to 120 (fastest i have ever been) then my limiter stopped me from going faster... all the sudden he zooms the hell past me.... then my exist came up...got some gas...

boy, my car was running smooth on normal streets...it was strange... haha
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales