Audi Allroad 2.7t Vs 2005 Z51 Corvette C6 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Neutral Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
M5IAN is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Not kidding you I raced a new C6.

Ok so i see this burnt orange C6 in traffic dicking around and constantly flooring it and letting off and it looks like he dosnt really know what hes doing. Ontop of that it has a dealers tag so it wanst even his. I speed around the traffic with him so i can cartch up. Now we are out in rural georgia on a two lane highway and all the red necks out in there fords are worshipping this car and looking at it with holy eyes and trying to get next to it so i decide to fly by this F150 trying to speed up to get next to him at the red light. So i make it by the F150 and i look over at the vett and i rev alittle at him and challenge him lol knowing that i will get smoked. The light turns green and he conces out.... almost anyways he was bouncing around like an idiot then finally when he finds his place in gear i HAMMER IT going about 30. At the same time he hammers it and from 30-65 when i get out of 2nd (my cars maximum pulling power)my front doors are even with his front bumper he gets into 3rd (wow he shifts correctly) and abbbbblitterates me. I think the fact that a 4000lb Audi Wagon owned by my father took him to 65 and remained infront pissed him off so he shifted right. By the end of the race i was going 115 and he had to be about 10-15 car lengths ahead going about 140. Then 10 minutes down the highway the F-150 and me stop at the light. He leans over and goes SHIT MAN I ALMOST PEED IN MY PANTS WHEN I SAW A WAGON BEATIN
THAT NEW CORVETTE. I laughed and we raced and i didnt even look back.

Specs on my dads 2003 Audi Allroad Mods Oettinger Intake and custom transmission set up
255 hp twin turbo

0-60 in 6.2 seconds top speed 152 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 06:14 PM
1st Gear Member

PJV 528 is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL!!

Yeah the Audi Allroad has a fantastic 4 wheel drive system that why you were so quick of the mark!

You said the new corvette was from a dealership-wasn't there a salesman with him? And if there was one would he let him drive the car so fast???

<a href='http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1118083' target='_blank'>Check out my ride!!!</a>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>(From Family Guy) Brian to peter: Well peter you've only got a couple hours left. If your gonna pull a party outta your ass you might wanna stand up!</div>
#3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 07:51 PM
5th Gear Member

BeelZibub is an unknown quantity at this point
When deciding on a new car to buy I tested a couple of the 2.4 Audi a4 avants and they were pretty damn quick in a straight line. However, they just could not compete on the roundabouts etc. with their front wheel drive - I would love to try the 4x4 version and see how it stacks up.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by PJV 528@Nov 6 2004, 06:14 PM
LOL!!

Yeah the Audi Allroad has a fantastic 4 wheel drive system that why you were so quick of the mark!

You said the new corvette was from a dealership-wasn't there a salesman with him? And if there was one would he let him drive the car so fast???
[snapback]225886[/snapback]

Haha no it was a dealer guy driving it around
#5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Neutral Member

Roadhawk is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL - yeah - well I do that all the time in my (modded B5)S4 Avant...with Corvettes and other "fast" cars...nearly always take them...though did have my ass handed to me by a Z06 once. I just love surprising folks with the brute speed & power that my lil blue wagon has...not that its totally stealthy - attentive folks notice the 19"wheels, muffler the size of a grapefruit juice can etc etc - and its lowered and looks pretty slick...but many folks just think "wagon" - can't count the number of SUVs, minivans even that seem to think they can out-accelerate me - or think I'm actually pushing it/racing them when I'm just accelerating normally - etc etc...still its great fun...running circles around Mustangs, G35s, TLs, Boxters, S2000s, 350zs etc etc and er em...3 series and such....lol. I've actually taken every EVO, STI and SRT I've gone against thus far (2 of each - and one of the EVOS - a modded one even - twice now!) - though its sometimes very close...and yeah - I've certainly (suprised) and dusted my fair share of corvettes (perhaps some just give up when I leap out - and I'm talking those that did seem to be trying...)...of course many - though certainly not all (or even most) - of these poundings have come when its been raining or otherwise wet...got to say - in slick conditions Quattro rules all!

<span style='color:gray'>Current rides:</span>
<span style='color:red'>2004 BMW 330i Sedan - Performance Package - Imola red - Alcantara, moonroof, cold weather, Bi-Xenons, silver cube trim</span>
<span style='color:blue'>2001 Audi S4 Avant - Nogaro Blue with Alcantara seating - APR chipped, lowered and otherwise modded</span>
<span style='colorurple'>1964 1/2 Mustang Convertable - Vintage Burgundy - 289 4 barrel V8 - 51K original miles - unrestored &amp; near mint</span>
#6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Neutral Member

yubyub is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BeelZibub@Nov 6 2004, 09:51 PM
When deciding on a new car to buy I tested a couple of the 2.4 Audi a4 avants and they were pretty damn quick in a straight line. However, they just could not compete on the roundabouts etc. with their front wheel drive - I would love to try the 4x4 version and see how it stacks up.
[snapback]225947[/snapback]
It doesn't. I test drove one while I was looking for cars a few weeks ago.

Handles like crap around corners. My 330xi handles like a dream compared to an A4 3.0 with AWD.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 05:19 PM
2nd Gear Member

DeefNDorf is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DeefNDorf Send a message via MSN to DeefNDorf
Hmm..Dude dont get happy..If he knew how to drive you would have been smoked no question..my friend has a turbo charged Evo..fast..well he wanted to race a old man in a 6...LOL..my friend didnt even hit the gas..the 6 left..very..very fast...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
#8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Neutral Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by DeefNDorf@Nov 10 2004, 05:19 PM
Hmm..Dude dont get happy..If he knew how to drive you would have been smoked no question..my friend has a turbo charged Evo..fast..well he wanted to race a old man in a 6...LOL..my friend didnt even hit the gas..the 6 left..very..very fast...
[snapback]228269[/snapback]

Racing cars 4 times a month gets my happy. There's a difference between having fun and thinikng that your all that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales