....another reckoning of an Accord! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1998 328i
Photos:
325isBMW1988 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 325isBMW1988
....another reckoning of an Accord!

So I live close to the New Hampshire border and I was driving (with 5 people in the car by the way) and this cocky guy in his new Honda Accord sped right up on my back bumper. I let him see my 1998 328i for a few seconds until a hit 5000rpm in 3rd gear and then it was magic!.................

HE DISAPPEARED!

Its funny how people in their Honda Accord's think they know a thing or 2 about speed.

If anyone has any other Honda Accord reckoning tales please share!
325isBMW1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1986 BMW 325e
Photos:
FearsOfWar is on a distinguished road
I was coming up to a red light, so I slowed down, and this Accord pulls onto the road beside me and speeds up, then notices the red light.

Well, we both are down to about 30 when it turns green, and he punches it. I down shift to 2nd, and blow by him.

Might I add I was at work, so I was driving a 2002 Saturn SL1.
FearsOfWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 91 BMW 320i
Photos:
carguy13 is on a distinguished road
LOL!

That adds a bit of sting to it!
carguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car: 1998 328i
Photos:
325isBMW1988 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 325isBMW1988
lol i love it!

Out where i live it seems that all the people that know nothing about driving just go and get an Accord and throw some rims on it, any color (i saw an Accord yesterday with bright red rims and a tan paint job) and you cant forget that classic Accord Ebay exhaust! Sounds like a weed-whacker is driving down the road

And just to let everyone know....im not the type of driver that goes looking for races either....if someone is dumb enough to want to race me then i show them what a BMW is all about...and then they learn why it really is the Ultimate Driving Machine
325isBMW1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: 2010 335i M-Sport
Photos:
bighorns is on a distinguished road
Accords are really nice cars that have decent enough power and handling for the money, but it is fun to embarrass the occasional Accord driver who thinks his car is equal to a BMW.
A few weeks ago I accellerated away from one as we both went for a freeway merge. As I slowed for the curving transition ramp he decided to try another run at me, so I eased her up to 100 MPH (on a curve that my Civic would take at 80 MPH max) knowing this would be enough speed to watch him fade in my mirrors, and yet was still quite comfortable in the Bimmer! He gave up after that!
That being said, the V-6 Accords are pretty quick, although they must be governed at 120, because I passed one at 125 once and she had nothing for me. That, or she just got scared when she realized how fast she was going and gave it up!
V-6 Nissans and Infinities are even quicker, so I don't even mess with them, although once again when battling for a turn lane I did manage to outrun a Maxima, mostly after the turn. It's mostly about getting a quick advantage on the street, and making these guys think they don't have a chance when they are really driving a more powerful car.
bighorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car: 06 Ranger, 03 Accord, 96 m3 s52!
Photos:
k.sidlosky is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to k.sidlosky
Wow I never thought a nissan would have more power. Most of my friends have hondas, we all hang out together and what not. Theres a prelude, crx, del sol, and a vrt. Of course I have the most fun with RWD, but the vrt pulls pretty hard on me. That and the top speed of my car is like 130 so the prelude usually pulls away around 110.

|Dinan Intake|Schrick Cams|24lb Injectors|809 HFM|M50 Manifold|TMS Stage IV+|Dinan Strut Brace|Samco Hoses|UUC Pulley||UUC SSK DSSR|DDM Coilovers|Fikse FM10|Brembo Rotors|Hawk Pads|AA Exhaust|Alpine|Audiobahn|Sony|
k.sidlosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Clean

Car: Titanium Silver E39 / 2011 BMW M3
Photos:
BimmerE39 will become famous soon enough
Garage
I had an accord try to keep up with me in some corners. There's a place near my house where the police put up a sign that posts your speed. Needless to say, I take pride in making it not register when I take the turn (I believe it maxes out at 40MPH). This Accord tried to keep up with me though that same turn and all I saw it do in my rear view was almost under steer off the road.

It pays not to only have a BMW in this case, but also one with a nicely modified suspension.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1996 BMW 328is
Photos:
Nova is on a distinguished road
+1 on the modified suspension. People around here lower their accords by cutting the springs . I have yet to see one that can keep up with me in the corners.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
This was when I had the 535:

I had a 2001ish V6 sedan one try to pass me from one set of lights and he couldn't. So at the next set he pulls up next to me, I guess hoping my previous 2nd gear pull was a fluke or something.

The opposing lights went yellow, I kept it at about 4000 rpm, the light went green, I slipped the clutch and pretty much left him about 2 cars back by the time I cleared the intersection. It really was no contest from the very beginning but because he tried to be all smug and take me by surprise I felt I had a point to prove and ran 3rd gear up to about 85, leaving only my carbon dioxides for him to enjoy.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mr. Clean

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
+1 on the modified suspension. People around here lower their accords by cutting the springs . I have yet to see one that can keep up with me in the corners.
I'm still amazed by the amount of people who cut their springs. I know money is hard to come by these days with the economy, but that's no excuse to ruin your ride as well as completely throw off the balance of your suspension.

Alot of people don't even know about the concept of spring rates and how a suspension even works in general, so I guess it's not that much of a surprise.

I love seeing Honda's with cut springs bounce and roll over speed bumps and pot holes. That's the tell tale sign someone took a torch to those factory springs.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
OMFG another one!?

Car: 89 E30 325i, 2007 Honda
Photos:
witeshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nicewiteshark is just really nice
The cutting of springs is nothing short of mind boggling ignorance.

Sig by zeaq
witeshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car: 2010 335i M-Sport
Photos:
bighorns is on a distinguished road
I was playing with a Brand new Buick Lucerne on our way into Las Vegas yesterday. I would let him go, then blow by him and watch him try to catch up. It got very trafficky at Stateline, so we chilled in traffic and waited while he darted in and out like an ass. Once it opened up again I did one more hard flyby at 120, then backed it down waiting for his response. He gave up, but not before rolling his window down to show us his IQ!
bighorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Car: 1996 BMW 328is
Photos:
Nova is on a distinguished road
"Why did you spend so much money on a new suspension when you could have just cut the springs and achieved the same result?" is what people ask me all the time. I don't feel like explaining so I usually tell them "Because it's a BMW."
Old 07-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mr. Clean

Photos:
Garage
Quote:
"Why did you spend so much money on a new suspension when you could have just cut the springs and achieved the same result?" is what people ask me all the time. I don't feel like explaining so I usually tell them "Because it's a BMW."
Haha, I would have just said because I'm not a freaking idiot and left it at that...
Old 09-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
4th Gear Member

Car: 91 BMW 320i
Photos:
carguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i don't think that really warrants a response...just walk away.

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales