An Accident That I Didn't Exactly Cause... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mikester328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikester328
(Thread Starter)
here's a new driving tale for you guys,

I was on my way home from school, I'm in my 328i 5 spd I had at the time. I'm sitting at a stoplight, 4 way, and each way has 2 lanes. I'm in the right lane of the two sitting at the red stoplight. Thing is, it was a really clear day outside and the sun was exactly where the light was, so it was almost impossible to see if it was red or green. I had to slow down to make sure it was either red or green. Anyways, after waiting, I could sense the light was going to change green soon so I took my foot off the brake and got ready to go, I wasn't on a hill or anything so it didn't matter. All of a sudden, I see a Dodge Neon come from behind me in the left lane and enter the intersection. When i took my foot off the brakes, my brake light of course goes out, when I took my foot off the brake, it was about 3 seconds between that point and the neon passing me, entering the intersection. There was a Ford Ranger truck, taking a left at the last second; the position he was coming from was toward me; his left would have been my right-turn. The truck turned and hit the neon in the driver's rear side, and the neon spun like a top, it was going about 45 mph, I think it was a 450 degree spin, really cool to see about as close as you can without being in the accident. I realized later the driver of the neon probably was looking at my brake lights because of the sun or something. Nobody got hurt thank God, but it was a good quick show.

Let me know what you think, sorry for the long explanation.. heh.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 10:51 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Seems to me the Ranger is at fault, left turn his no right of way unless the Neon ran the light

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Gator is an unknown quantity at this point
There's no way your taking your foot off the brake should have played any part in causing the accident. If there's a lesson to be learned it's that you should never enter any intersection ( stop light or stop sign) even if you have the green light without checking for threats left and right. With all the drugs, drunks, cell phones, and otherwise spaced out drivers these days you can't expewct that everyone will stop for a stop light or sign. By driving defensively I've gone 40 years without an accident.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
not ur fault... he should have looked at the light.

speaking of lights... i was 2nd at a light on a one lane each way road with some guy turning left from the center lane. our lights were red and the left arrow goes green, the guy moves and the guy in front of me just turns right suddenly. i smash the gas pedal, jump out into the intersection and then realize its still red.

worst part: my mom was in the car lol

#5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 01:40 PM
2nd Gear Member

mikester328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mikester328
(Thread Starter)
yeah I know it isn't my fault, but i thought it was kinda funny that the person in the neon could have been looking at my brake lights.

oh yeah, that sucks your mom was in the car, don't pick up the habit of looking at other cars before the light, it could still be red, heh
#6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by mikester318@Nov 7 2004, 02:40 PM
yeah I know it isn't my fault, but i thought it was kinda funny that the person in the neon could have been looking at my brake lights.

oh yeah, that sucks your mom was in the car, don't pick up the habit of looking at other cars before the light, it could still be red, heh
[snapback]226285[/snapback]
she was cool about that part... she finds errors in me speeding, braking late, taking corners fast.... :lol:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales