850Ci experiance... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Been here a while.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
(Thread Starter)
Yesterday I was just out for a N.C. drive in the later afternoon... and just happend to be on one of my favorite back roads..... ya know the ones you go about 80mph around turns that are marked for only 25 or 15mph... I was about 10mins down a road that pretty much never ends with turns and hills.. when in the distance I noticed a car sitting at a joining road to the one I was on... he obviously had pleanty of time to turn in front of me.. but he didnt.. it just sat that... as if he was saying... "come on you little inline sixer"... So... I had some road infront of me and gave it all she had and flew past some 8 series... (at the time I didnt know what it exactly was.. but I was soon to find out)... any ways... he jumps in behind me.. but something wasnt right about the whole thing... I flew past him doing atleast 85 and about 100 yards after passing him.. I was slowing down to make a turn... by just taking my foot off of the gas.. and I looked up and there he was... just a car length off of my ass.... umm... 100 yards???... that was gone by the time I looked back to see where he was... by then... I'm giving her all she has through the turns... which is a lot now that I've actually TUNED my suspension... I will say that I got maybe three car length a head of who ever was driving the dark redish 8 seriers.. but then towards the very end of the road.. nearly 20 miles later... the damn road ends in a straight line quarter miler... with passing marks in the middle of the road... I knew I was done... and I was... he flew past me .... I was right at 110 ..... and he flew past me like I was nothing.....

Later we stoped at the next gas station... and well.... thats where I found out it was a 850Ci.... with some 65 year old man driving... we talked for a while... then he went his way.. and I went mine... hell of a experiance though...

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:30 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mr White G is an unknown quantity at this point
Give that grandad some 007 rocket launchers and a mission to halt ricemobiles....... cool guy

(A quick calc suggests that if you were doing 80 past him and he caught you in 100yds then he managed to accelerate and catch up to you in 3 seconds!)

They are rapid, no doubt though.

BMW Vtwiz power! Look at what it did for the Maclaren f1.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;So my BM makes me a flash bastard? Then I guess you're just keeping it real from the seat of your nova?&quot;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>&quot;...and the home of the brave..... is bravey 130bhp from a 7 litre engine? 100bhp/litre or don't bother building it!&quot;</span>

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Aaahh the UK; where every road is jammed, under construction, poorly maintained and unfairly policed, at least we don't get over-taxed for it........ HA HA HA!&quot;</span>
#3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:57 PM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
nice kill...well not really but sounded like fun

#4 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Official Bimmerwerkz Biscuit Distributer

spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of spiff325is has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to spiff325is
thats sweet. and its cool that you ended up talking to him, its always cool to talk to the people after you race em.

I hate: people who haven't died yet that I hate.
L337 Co-Founding Assistant Executive Director Product Maker of Sunset Sig's Inc.
2000 BMW M Coupe - Dakar-II - S52

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"
#5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 07:14 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I had a similiar experiance coming home from college one day. Long straight boreing rods, most with 55 mph limit, most people do 75mph including RVs.There was a stop sign up ahead and one car infront of me and a passing zone on the other side of the stop sing. I love this interesection because I'll drop clutch and fly by the person or 3 infront of me on the other side of the intersection. Well a fairly new looking bmw pulls up behind me some old guy driving it. I do my usual thing pass the guy infront, the other BMW is on my ass as I do so, at the end of the zone a car turned in infront of me slowed down, passing zone came up I hit 2nd at about 45 fully floored it, here comes the other BWM, ran it up all the way shifted the 3rd made it around the car, BMW flys by me. I see 740 or 745ii maybe iL on the back of the car couldn't see clearly with the huge speed difference, So i keep it floored in 3rd, ran outta gear, went to 4th ran outta gear, and the other BMW is still pulling away from me. So I let that one go, never saw it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales