BMW Werkz banner

528i (auto) Vs Civic V-tec

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  allegood8 
#1 ·
Yesterday I had to fetch my boss's car from the Airport (98 E39 528i AUTO). He went to Cape Town and didn't want to leave his car there for the whole week (Expensive!!!)...

Cruisin along the highway, some native in a Civic V-Tec is up my ass. Now I had nowhere to go, as South African traffic on the freeway is a terrible thing.

So eventually I get to the offramp where I need to turn off. Floored it up the offramp to the red lights.

Me on left. Civic on right.

So I quickly tapped the gear-stick into S mode...

Wat a killing.
Just pulled car lengths on the guy. Though he started catching me in 2nd.
But when the auto changed to 3rd, I pulled away...

That 4 speed auto really impressed me (and I had the air conditioning on).
Wasn't quite what I was expecting though...

Can't wait to get my MANUAL 328i (E36) !!!
Should be a lot quicker???

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by ANiMOSiTY@Jan 18 2005, 03:55 PM
Should be getting it in December or so.
My sister is getting my Opel and my dad will give me book-value on it.

I love E36s. I'm hoping to find a decent 1998 328i (Manual).
[snapback]274137[/snapback]​
Nice kill. I'm sure he would have had you (or it would be equal) from a stop, because it takes some power to move all that mass that the 5er carries. From a roll -- different stories...

and a 328i should definitely kill all those hondas in any gear under any conditions... and many faster cars too.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Torque+Jan 18 2005, 03:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Torque @ Jan 18 2005, 03:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ANiMOSiTY@Jan 18 2005, 03:55 PM
Should be getting it in December or so.
My sister is getting my Opel and my dad will give me book-value on it.

I love E36s. I'm hoping to find a decent 1998 328i (Manual).
[snapback]274137[/snapback]​
Nice kill. I'm sure he would have had you (or it would be equal) from a stop, because it takes some power to move all that mass that the 5er carries. From a roll -- different stories...

and a 328i should definitely kill all those hondas in any gear under any conditions... and many faster cars too.
[snapback]274160[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Lol, sure does,

But my mom's 540 would probably smoke my 328

#6 ·
Ok Awesome!! I can't wait to get it! And the ride of Bimmers is fantastic!!
A buddy of mine wrote off his Civic Type-R.
Insurance didn't pay out, but he's bought a new chassis and body - he's gonna (try) rebuild the car.

I want a quicker car than his Honda!!

#7 ·
Nice kill! Septronic mode kicks ass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.