525i Vs Mk2 Golf Gl - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Millions of them.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
I feel like such a tool; anyway here's what happened.

My car was acting up this morning... at first it seemed like my left front wheel was not tightened and it was wobbling. So I stopped to check it out - all good and I proceeded, but it was still bothering me.

Instead of taking normal way to school I went around where the road is 2 lanes in each direction with 45 speed limit. I found myself being first at the light... I accelerated rather quickly from there and then coasted to a stop at another light about a mile away. As I was doing so I saw lights coming up from behind fast. In the left lane next to me pulled up a red golf... Saw his front wheel and he had some BBS wheels and was lowered. Cool I think.

Light turns green and I wasn't thinking he was gonna punch it (I didn't see the driver - he was wearing a hoodie and messing with his stereo)... I slowly got on it and then he hit it but my autotragic already went to 2nd at about 3k rpm... And i found myself in 2nd at 2000 rpm - FUCK. I hit it but shit wouldnt downshift and by the time he ran first out (he was stick) he was like 3 carlengths in front. It was really no race, but if I punched it from a stop I think I could've hung with him if not pull ahead.

I gotta take long way to school untill I get to properly run vs this guy... wanna see how my car does vs that VW.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 09:11 PM
OMFG another one!?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice witeshark is just really nice
Heh. Maybe you can manually downshift the automagic if it's not too high in revs.

BMW

Sig by zeaq
#3 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Millions of them.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally posted by witeshark@Oct 26 2004, 10:11 PM
Heh. Maybe you can manually downshift the automagic if it's not too high in revs.
[snapback]219156[/snapback]
I wouldn't risk injuring (sp?) my car like that... i'll just wait for rematch. :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales