BMW Werkz banner

45mph right turn, no brakes

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  thekid 
#1 ·
I tested my E60's handling the other day while making a tight right turn at a traffic light. No brakes, steady speed at 45mph. Did not cross into the second lane. Just went around the corner. The active steering is awesome. The tires squealed a little but virtually no body lean.

Scared the heck out of my passenger. :driving

#6 ·
did you let off the gas through the turn, or did you coast?cuz if youkeep the gas on, you can reduce understeer

#7 ·
Did not let off the gas. Stability control was on. The car didn't slide and I felt no under/oversteer or sliding.

#10 ·
I did it when no one was around. Travelling that fast around a corner, you might be surprised what you find on the other side. I've done it at slower speeds and surprised myself and several other cars making turns in front of me.

Be careful.

#11 ·
Yeah I love 90(insert degree symbol) turns. Unfortunatly I'm in Jackson MS and the damn city is grid locked, so the only fun you have is with 90(same thing) turns. I've gotten pretty good at scaring the shit out of people with them. Sometimes drifting some times not. I love to watch the heads of the people in the back seat. You start the turn, lets say a lefty. And they're heads fly right, then the drift starts heads fly left the drift ends (and I don't do it smoothly :D but can if I want), heads fly back to the right. And there is usually some one clawing into the back of my seat trying not to end up on the otherside of the car. Sigh... it's the simple things in life.

#12 ·
The only thing I regret about getting the AWD (330xi) is I can't play around with drifting and stuff. That car is GLUED to the ground. You can turn off the DSC-X but not the AWD. I couldn't even make it do a doughnut in a snowy parkinglot.

#13 ·
Originally posted by Gulelin@Apr 7 2004, 01:26 PM
The only thing I regret about getting the AWD (330xi) is I can't play around with drifting and stuff. That car is GLUED to the ground. You can turn off the DSC-X but not the AWD. I couldn't even make it do a doughnut in a snowy parkinglot.
dont' despair you can!!!! There is a video somewhere in the video section of guy in a 4wd/AWD bmw doing doughnuts in a snowy parking lot. Your other option is get really really balld tires on the back and great sticky tires on the front... it might work. I've made my moms subarau forester fishtail so just about anythings possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.