335i vs Chrysler 300c - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
Driving Tales Talk about your driving stories in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM
2nd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bighorns is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
335i vs Chrysler 300c

This post is for those of you who wonder how your Bimmers would fare against one of these baby-Hemi powered behemoths.
The wife and I were cruising down the boulevard after a night out, 3 lanes in our direction of travel, with the traffic somewhat light. I roll up next to the offending 300c at about 50 MPH. We are approaching a slower car in our lane, so I nudge the throttle just a bit so I can pass the 300, and all of a sudden I hear this loud, God-awful aftermarket exhaust come to life next to me at full tilt as the 300 driver nails it.
I look over at the wife, proclaim, "It's on!" and stab the throttle. Now the 335 has a JB4 mind you, but the wife hates the extra boost, so whenever she's in the car I run stock map, so I was a little concerned about running against a slightly modded V8. My fears were unfounded however, as I quickly put 3-4 bus lengths on him within seconds, and easily made my lane change.
The 300 managed to catch us about 2 blocks later, and pulled alongside and 'gunned it'. I looked over and smiled, but because it was dark, and he had limo tints, I couldn't see the driver, so I don't know for sure what the rev was for.
It sure was satisfying though to 'educate' another Chrysler owner about just how slow his car really is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 PM
42, The meaning of life

brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice brettski is just really nice
You beat him on a great power to weight ratio, nice lesson delivered and no one was hurt in it's delivery. Well done

Riding in style
#3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 10:44 AM
2nd Gear Member

bighorns is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettski View Post
You beat him on a great power to weight ratio, nice lesson delivered and no one was hurt in it's delivery. Well done
Absolutely! They are powerful cars, but big, and heavy, and it takes them awhile to get all of this mass moving. I would like to run up against a newer one with the bigger, more powerful Hemi just to see how much closer it would be. (With my tune on of course!)
The 335 is proving to be great fun because other drivers who don't know BMW just look at it as a slow 3 series car from their previous experiences with dealing with a 328 perhaps. I've gotten some great responses from a few young guys too in slower cars who knew what it is, but have enticed me to run them just to see what it can do! (Usually a big smile and thumbs up when they catch up at the next light.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > General Category > Driving Tales